Strickland: I’m probably the last person UFC would want as champion

He can fight, which makes his weirdness acceptable

If he was a plumber then nobody would ever hire him
Taking shots to the head can explain his recent personality change. He was chill for years until recently.

Haven't seen much of him, sounds like the kind of guy who wants to land as many hard follow up shots as possible on a ko'd opponent.
I like him and he is fun to watch but don't worry about that because he is basically a volume pressure fighter. Not gonna be getting 1 hit ko's very often

Imagine being such a terrible MMA fan that you think Volkmann was a boring fighter. He was constantly hunting submissions. By example, he's credited with 6 sub attempts in his fight against Castillo, which is practically unheard of.
Dana cut him pretty quick considering his record was the point, since a grappler vs striker. Shields got a similar treatment despite beating Henderson.

He is pretending to be a psychopath
A true psycho won't be so open about his feelings
They don't even register violent thoughts as feelings
Its just a chore for the next high

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2020%2F11%2F537961264-850x560.jpeg

“If you like to f*cking hurt people, you’re in the right sport,” Strickland shouted. “I would love nothing more than to kill somebody in the ring. Nothing more. It would make me super happy.

“I’m probably the last person they want as the champion,”

“You should never enjoy fame because it’s fake. It’s f*cking fake. There was a point where Uriah Hall was in every interview, every media And now it’s like he’s on the twilight of his career, he’s getting older. It’s like it’s just bullsh*t. I like you guys all, but it’s all bullsh*t. You guys know this.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/8/...-probably-last-person-ufc-would-want-champion
What an idiot!

Well they did give him a main event for some reason, a main event than many people considered the worst of the year on paper.

I would love nothing more than to kill somebody in the ring. Nothing more. It would make me super happy"

Just don't pull on my arm too hard in training coz I'll slap you like a Karen and run away crying and tell all my friends on Twitter how mean you were.

Strickland is real, im a fan since last weekend.

WAR TARZAN!

Strickland is one of the most unlikeable guys in the sport of MMA, he's an absolute prick of a bloke. Can't stand him. Decent performance though, he clearly won that fight.

He knows he has to talk the talk because his style isn't that interesting to look at.

For a guy who claims he wants to kill people, he seems more interested in back-pedaling and scoring point with the jab. I could buy that if he actually went for the KO, but every time he had Uriah Hall hurt, he went for a takedown and stalled.

In b4 Hall Spinning kicks his head into space.

Back