Street League Skateboarding

Who’s your competing pro you mostly pull for?Jamie Foy, Joslin, Luan are my dudes.

Jaime Foy, Yuto Horigame, Dashawn Jordan, even Nyjah. That's just the names I can remember right now. I was out of the game for a minute, and time moved on. I am trying to be more diligent on keeping up now, though.

Favorite brand is Deathwish. I haven't seen him in any recent contests, but Neen has one of the sickest heelflip styles I've seen.

Is there still Tony Hawk money flowing? I hope these guys are getting paid

They get much better deals these days. Back then, you were pretty much stuck with whomever you first signed with. Only a handful of riders made big money, based off of deck sales. You pretty much had to start your own business if you wanted to make serious money.

I have to say, that I really like the format that SLS uses, compared to a contest like X Games. I like the format of going through a line first, and then best trick attempts for the next stage, and then a top 4 going through 2 more best tricks. The format seems to work really well, and pushes each skater to step up their game. It also gives them a chance to get back into the top spots if they nail their best trick stages.

X Games is still fun to watch, but sometimes the judging appears to be off. Plus, the commentary is kind of cringy with Gary. The guy is funny and all, but his style just does not fit for contests IMO. The commentary on SLS is much better, Geoff and whoever's turn it is to share the box with him, are always better.

Yuto Horigome is the ishhh

Yeah, his style is so clean! The way he lands stuff is so solid, no wobbles. That last segment where he nollie heelflip, noseslide to varial out on the hubba was amazing! The first segment where he switch backside heelflips that 10 stair is so smooth as well. Great stuff!

Jaime Foy, Yuto Horigame, Dashawn Jordan, even Nyjah. That's just the names I can remember right now. I was out of the game for a minute, and time moved on. I am trying to be more diligent on keeping up now, though.

Favorite brand is Deathwish. I haven't seen him in any recent contests, but Neen has one of the sickest heelflip styles I've seen.
I grew up obsessed with Baker brand. Deathwish is their sister company. Anything Andrew Reynolds does I’m a fan of.

The newest DW video is amazing. Neen is a beast as well.

I grew up obsessed with Baker brand. Deathwish is their sister company. Anything Andrew Reynolds does I’m a fan of.

The newest DW video is amazing. Neen is a beast as well.

I got to check it out! What’s the name of the video?

Not down with Paul Rodriguez? Would think Mexicans would support him

I wonder if P-Rod has hit that point where he was more famous than his dad? Not sure there’s any type of metric to compare, but I can only remember a handful of OG comedian Paul Rodriguez. His son certainly carved out his own career for himself. If you had a chance to check out the Finals on the op, P-Rod has a little segment where he talks about his partnership with this new energy drink brand, and how he’s implemented a chill space for the skaters in the competition. Like a cush locker room that traditional athletes would get. It’s pretty cool, because after all, these dudes are definitely athletes!

Neen's really into healthy lifestyle, exercise, and cooking now. Most of his content is now actually promoting his spices and exercise app. He still skates though. I doubt you'll see him in a contest though.

This little fairy girl grew up to win a olympic medal and is winning championships left and right. I don't know if SLS is among those though.

Hori still owning.
Vincent Miliou awesome to watch

Man, Yuto killed it!! Almost pulled off that last trick in the end, but didn't need to. So nonchalant about it too. He just loves skateboarding, I don't think he cares too much about contests. Miliou also did great and was just a tenth of a point off the win. His line score was the highest of the finals IIRC. Joslin also killed it. I just love how that guy goes big for his single tricks. It was a great finals overall. I was even happy to see Decenzo make it to the super finals at the end. His kickflip nose blunt on that gap to hubba was nice. He said that was his first and only 9 club trick! lol!

Neen's really into healthy lifestyle, exercise, and cooking now. Most of his content is now actually promoting his spices and exercise app. He still skates though. I doubt you'll see him in a contest though.

Yeah, not the contest type. I will always watch his video parts. Well, all Deathwish and Baker parts for that matter.

This little fairy girl grew up to win a olympic medal and is winning championships left and right. I don't know if SLS is among those though.

And at just 14 years old! She is amazing! She's a class above the rest. She killed it in the SLS Finals yesterday as well.

Their consistency is amazing. I'll check it out once in awhile, but prefer street skating to parks. The latest Hockey video, X, is good. You should give it a watch if you get a chance.

SLS is run by the old guard.. I’m 42 and still follow this stuff. Don’t let the fire die buddy, that’s when you get old!
how-do-you-do-fellow-kids-steve-buscemi.gif

I was a fruitbooter growin up. Hardest thing about rollerblading is tellin ur parents ur ___.
Mad respect for skaters. I grew up next to Peter Smolik and Brandon Turner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back