Street Fights...on the topic would BJJ help....

Why even drink booze on the ultimate fighter, the best fighters on the show usually don't get wasted, besides a few (Chris Leban).

Also, he didn't get good tell after the Ultimate fighter anyways.

Why even drink booze on the ultimate fighter, the best fighters on the show usually don't get wasted, besides a few (Chris Leban).

They used to send them home the guys that lost their fights but now it seems that they are keeping the losers as training partners and in case they need a guy to fight again.

Many of the losers rather get drunks and create problems as they have nothing to "lose" instead of just keep training hard.

They used to send them home the guys that lost their fights but now it seems that they are keeping the losers as training partners and in case they need a guy to fight again.

Many of the losers rather get drunks and create problems as they have nothing to "lose" instead of just keep training hard.

O that's right they both lost. I forgot haha.

You never want to be on the bottom in a street fight. No matter how good your BJJ is there is far too much chance of getting slammed onto concrete as happend in the video. There is a reason that you train takedowns, so you can get on top.

And sweeps. Sweeps are going to be as useful as any submission that's not a blood choke.

Sometimes I think people who post here never been in a street fight.
BJJ does not help in a street fight, actually makes it worst with the wrong impression of "I know how to fight" that it puts in the practitioners. On top of that BJJ practitioners tend to take the fight to the ground. Cmon, if you never been in a street fight, then at least go watch some videos on youtube- people do carry weapons, people do fight in packs...
Dirty boxing+headbutts+knees= great chances to win a street fight

Sometimes I think people who post here never been in a street fight.
BJJ does not help in a street fight, actually makes it worst with the wrong impression of "I know how to fight" that it puts in the practitioners. On top of that BJJ practitioners tend to take the fight to the ground. Cmon, if you never been in a street fight, then at least go watch some videos on youtube- people do carry weapons, people do fight in packs...
Dirty boxing+headbutts+knees= great chances to win a street fight

I'd say if you're almost positive you're in a one on one situation getting the mount, and smashing someone out is a pretty awesome option. I wouldn't ever go for an armbar in a street fight, chokes yes.

People fight when they socialize. Thats usually in bars, clubs and that means you are not alone. Thats how fights turn ugly.
If somebody is trying to mug you, he will use surprise and weapons. You dont fight knives and guns with BJJ.

I watched an episode of the jersey shore (shutup no gay jokes) and one of the guys named Ronnie got in a fight on the boardwalk and pounded the guy out from mount.

Jiu jitsu works, just don't ever pull guard in a one on one fight unless you are confident you can get the sweep without being pounded into oblivion first.

YouTube - Jersey Shore: All the Fights in 42 Seconds

Do you really think that before Gracies called the position "mount", nobody ever used it? Thats a very common position in 1 on 1 fights

reading threads like these really makes me think most people on here don't train.... at all let a lone BJJ..

why does 90% of the people here assume that just because you train BJJ you have no top game? like everyone who rolls is going to just lie down, spread eagle and let someone jump between their legs... come on people... you spend most of the first three months or so flopping around trying to get the hell from under someone so you learn pretty fast being on the bottom isn't a great place to be.....

of course you have an advantage of being on top of a guy in a street fight and if you train and he doesn't there is no way he is going to stop you from getting there once the fight hits the ground...

and of course the whole watch out for his buddies idea.. again who in their right mind is going to take some guy down to the ground and roll around while his buddies stand around and watch? i can see taking the guy down... giving some nice cheap shots from knee on belly..... and GETTING THE FUCK OUT...

Last edited:
^^^ If I bitchslap a taxi driver, whos overcharging me, thats not a street fight. The school scraps are not street fights as well...
If you`ve been around lots of violence, you should know that fights end in 30 sec. Anything longer turns into something very ugly including lots of people and police in the end. Bar fights, football hooligan fights, gang fights- you come up with BJJ, you in trouble...

^^^ If I bitchslap a taxi driver, whos overcharging me, thats not a street fight. The school scraps are not street fights as well...
If you`ve been around lots of violence, you should know that fights end in 30 sec. Anything longer turns into something very ugly including lots of people and police in the end. Bar fights, football hooligan fights, gang fights- you come up with BJJ, you in trouble...

You mean I can't use my BJJ in a street riot?

Damn.

Please go away :rolleyes:

Butler, when your boyfriend slaps you around you come here and scream you were in a street fight?

Maybe where you are from this is how it goes down.
Everyone from around here usually stands around and make sure it stays one on one.
Generally, when I was growing up, everyone handled their beef like men, toe to toe and one on one.
If anyone tried to jump in for either guy the crowd handled that person.

Of course the best option is to avoid a fight all together.
But If I end up in a fight that I couldn't avoid, I would rather know BJJ than nothing at all.

We don't have too many footbal hoolign riots in Mississippi.

If your a pro fighter doesnt mean your an elite grappler son. That armbar wasn't even correct,he didnt even lift his hips,or hook the leg.

do bjj guy make mistakes? Hell yes. Do strikers sometimes drop their guard? Yes Do judokas have been known to bet their arms broken by not breakfalling? Yes.

Back