Street Fights...on the topic would BJJ help....

I have learned both takedowns and takedown defense in BJJ.
I have learned how to escape the full mount in BJJ.
I have learned how to control someones posture in my guard in BJJ
I have learned how to sweep someone from my back to gain top position
I have learned how to control distance if I am down, and to stand up safely in BJJ
I have learned how to defend headlocks and chokes in BJJ.

Take that and give it to most of the guys who lost those fights in the videos from the OP, and its a different fight. I agree, no armbars from off your back. But TDD, sweeps and guard passing is so important to have, anyone who says it isnt is a dumbass.

Winner.

Is BJJ the ultimate in streetfighting tactics? No. Is it incredibly effective? Yes.
Is boxing or muay thai the ultimate in streetfighting tactics? No. Are they incredibly effective? Yes. Is wrestling the ultimate in streetfighting tactics? No. Is it incredibly effective? Yes.

Most people you get into fights with don't know how to strike. So that should be about even. If you have the edge in grappling, you're a more complete fighter and should be in a better position to defend yourself.

wow, I have avoided this fucking thread like the plague for however long this floating debacle, a fail from the start..... has been stinking up f12. the title says it all. I mean.... for fucks sake. who would ask such a stupid ass question after watching a 149 lb man destroy a bunch of monsters in a cage. that's right... only an idiot.

Is BJJ the ultimate in streetfighting tactics? No. Is it incredibly effective? Yes.
Is boxing or muay thai the ultimate in streetfighting tactics? No. Are they incredibly effective? Yes. Is wrestling the ultimate in streetfighting tactics? No. Is it incredibly effective? Yes.

Most people you get into fights with don't know how to strike. So that should be about even. If you have the edge in grappling, you're a more complete fighter and should be in a better position to defend yourself.

this.

end thread or wasteland.

talkshow for mod in 2010!

Winner.

BJJ, boxing, muaythai and wrestling are all incredibly effective in MMA.
Street fighting is a different animal.
The fighting skills of the people involved in street brawls depends on their experience and social behavior. If you are fighting on daily or weekly basis, sooner or later, in order to be more successful you need to upgrade yourself- learn a martial art. When the situation evolves, you have all the participants in a street brawls been martial arts practitioners them selves. Often, guys going to the same gym, been socializing together in bars and clubs, which in the end will turn to a local wrestling team vs local boxing team vs local kyokushin team- the usual situation back home.
BJJ have no place in this kind of brawls

BJJ, boxing, muaythai and wrestling are all incredibly effective in MMA.
Street fighting is a different animal.
The fighting skills of the people involved in street brawls depends on their experience and social behavior. If you are fighting on daily or weekly basis, sooner or later, in order to be more successful you need to upgrade yourself- learn a martial art. When the situation evolves, you have all the participants in a street brawls been martial arts practitioners them selves. Often, guys going to the same gym, been socializing together in bars and clubs, which in the end will turn to a local wrestling team vs local boxing team vs local kyokushin team- the usual situation back home.
BJJ have no place in this kind of brawls

not everyone lives in a town that doubles for a kung fu vs ninja vs samurai battle ground

The guy that gets slammed in TUF on his head from the armbar is Noah (the red) Thomas (blue belt). He trains at my school and is a bit of a douche. All of the other fighters at my school are way more humble and chill.

Don't get me wrong Noah could beat 7 shades of shit out of me. lol

Back