STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Played for a couple of hours and pretty much didn't move. Still losing because of drops. It's frustrating; but not so bad as it used to be. At least now when I drop a combo I typically know what my fingers are doing wrong and can usually fix it during matches. On the upside, I finished the night by beating a gimmicky Kolin who I've run into a number of times and never beaten before.

It seems like the lower gold ranks really enjoy stealing turns with invincible moves. I've got to start getting a read on when I should block and then crush counter.

Typically INV EX moves will come out of desperation so you can expect them to pop up late match, when you’re overly aggressive or if you’re playing against Ed. He tosses those things out like crazy. Why not work on your shimmy and slow your high pressure oki down a bit?

Typically INV EX moves will come out of desperation so you can expect them to pop up late match, when you’re overly aggressive or if you’re playing against Ed. He tosses those things out like crazy. Why not work on your shimmy and slow your high pressure oki down a bit?
I haven't had much shimmy luck lately, at least not off my tick throw setup. You're right though, it'd be good for me to start baiting throws just by using her walk speed. Should also put me in a position to whiff punish more often, and that would certainly lead to some panic DPs.

I notice a few players now who block on wake up and then walk backwards out of throw pressure. I need to start countering that more quickly with her crouching medium kick confirm.

I haven't had much shimmy luck lately, at least not off my tick throw setup. You're right though, it'd be good for me to start baiting throws just by using her walk speed. Should also put me in a position to whiff punish more often, and that would certainly lead to some panic DPs.

I notice a few players now who block on wake up and then walk backwards out of throw pressure. I need to start countering that more quickly with her crouching medium kick confirm.

The walk back is extremely effective after throw due to the universal frame changes. But, you get good at shimmy’s l, especially with Cammy, and a whole new world opens up. I’ve been working them with my Ryu and get maybe 3/10, but it’s a start. S1 Ryu was the shimmy master.

The walk back is extremely effective after throw due to the universal frame changes. But, you get good at shimmy’s l, especially with Cammy, and a whole new world opens up. I’ve been working them with my Ryu and get maybe 3/10, but it’s a start. S1 Ryu was the shimmy master.
Yeah they do a lot of mental damage. It's like whiff punishing the end of some normal's hurt box; people at my rank just don't expect that sort of thing even if they know what it is.

Yeah they do a lot of mental damage. It's like whiff punishing the end of some normal's hurt box; people at my rank just don't expect that sort of thing even if they know what it is.

They will never see a shimmy coming. Set your dummy up in the trading room to grab after a knockdown and work on it that way.

They will never see a shimmy coming. Set your dummy up in the trading room to grab after a knockdown and work on it that way.
I've done that before. I should probably use Bison as the dummy so I get a feel for max throw range (Cammy's a good bit shorter than some). I'm not sure he has the most range on his but that's what it feels like.

I've done that before. I should probably use Bison as the dummy so I get a feel for max throw range (Cammy's a good bit shorter than some). I'm not sure he has the most range on his but that's what it feels like.

Both him and Juri probably.

So I apparently have the same reaction time as Alex Myers, and yet I can't reliably anti-air DP or tech throws.

Yay, back into gold. Incidentally, one of the rounds that got me there was the world's weakest shimmy. I didn't believe in it so I used the wrong button, but it killed anyway.

Yay, back into gold. Incidentally, one of the rounds that got me there was the world's weakest shimmy. I didn't believe in it so I used the wrong button, but it killed anyway.

Nice, Congrats!

I won’t be on tomorrow night because I’m flying back from Orlando.

Here are todays changes:

Following server maintenance on April 4, 2018, Street Fighter V has been updated to version 03.020.

● The following DLC is now available.
-- Capcom Pro Tour: 2018 Premier Pass
-- Additional Costume ("Lilith"): Juri
-- Additional Costume ("Donovan"): Urien
-- Additional Costume ("Khaibit"): Menat

● Other
-- Balance Adjustment List
-- Changes in LP Not Reflected Upon Returning to the Main Menu After a Ranked Match.

(Added 4/12)

・Implemented "New Releases" in the Information menu, for viewing new items.
Note: Press the megaphone icon on the top left of the menu screen when "New Releases" is highlighted.

・You can now restrict entry into Battle Lounges based on connection status.
Connection Restrictions has also been added to the Lounge Settings when searching for a lounge.

・Added "Next 50" skip functionality when inviting friends to the Battle Lounge.

・If a disconnect happens during the match, the notification will be left in the message log, and you will be able to view the Fighters Profile of your opponent.

・A sound effect will play at the rematch screen for Ranked and Casual Matches.

・The button guide will be displayed upon spectating a match in the Battle Lounge.

・Enabled a voice sample playback when selecting your favorite character.

・Search and creation settings for Battle Lounge will be saved.

We hope you continue to enjoy playing Street Fighter V.

They quickly nerfed the throw OS but left disappearing Ken and Ryu’s bug lol.

Never seen gold in my life... every time I start creeping up Silver I end up having some monumental downslide that finds me back in super bronze.

Never seen gold in my life... every time I start creeping up Silver I end up having some monumental downslide that finds me back in super bronze.
I still have trouble with certain types of silver players, even when all they do is abuse one tactic.

I often ask myself if SFV was much harder than it currently is if I would have still been playing it 2+ years after it’s launch. I dropped Vanilla SFIV because I had no idea what was going on. There was so much to learn. I picked it back up about 8 months before SFV dropped but couldn’t do a single FADC. I still played it re-learning the fundamentals, but I got tanked on hard by other players. I’d like to think I would still keep playing it, and I’m sure I would, but I would have to fight through the frustration of catching up to those who’s game is much stronger due to being already good at a game that has complexity like SFIV.

I think what makes SFV and SFIV much different viewing experiences is that one was centered on more defense (SFIV) and one is a rush down (SFV). I like the defensive aspect of the game because it forced neutral. It made it more entertaining to watch because it wasn’t reliant on 1-punch combo KO’s. I enjoy watching SFV, but not as much as I do SFIV...yet. It could change, but they need to neuter the scaling a little but. They also need to do a better job balancing.

I often ask myself if SFV was much harder than it currently is if I would have still been playing it 2+ years after it’s launch. I dropped Vanilla SFIV because I had no idea what was going on. There was so much to learn. I picked it back up about 8 months before SFV dropped but couldn’t do a single FADC. I still played it re-learning the fundamentals, but I got tanked on hard by other players. I’d like to think I would still keep playing it, and I’m sure I would, but I would have to fight through the frustration of catching up to those who’s game is much stronger due to being already good at a game that has complexity like SFIV.

I think what makes SFV and SFIV much different viewing experiences is that one was centered on more defense (SFIV) and one is a rush down (SFV). I like the defensive aspect of the game because it forced neutral. It made it more entertaining to watch because it wasn’t reliant on 1-punch combo KO’s. I enjoy watching SFV, but not as much as I do SFIV...yet. It could change, but they need to neuter the scaling a little but. They also need to do a better job balancing.

So no ST in the future I take it? :D

SF4 is still fun to play, but it got hate just like this game does. When SF6 is released, players will btich and say, "I miss SFV."

Chen didn't really mention the difficulty, but he's just talking about people bitching about SFV when there's many other fighting games out there.

DaiVGxXW0AA7SqV.jpg

And UNIST does look pretty good.

So no ST in the future I take it? :D

SF4 is still fun to play, but it got hate just like this game does. When SF6 is released, players will btich and say, "I miss SFV."

Chen didn't really mention the difficulty, but he's just talking about people bitching about SFV when there's many other fighting games out there.

DaiVGxXW0AA7SqV.jpg

And UNIST does look pretty good.

That picture sums up Kappa perfectly. I’ll be on ST when the 30th anniversary drops, no doubt about that.

Y'all getting 30th anniversary on console or PC?

Been debating that one

Y'all getting 30th anniversary on console or PC?

Been debating that one

Haha thats the question. I always try to talk @Crimson Fury into getting the PC versions because my TV is hung on my wall and it’s a bitch to play my PS4 but he makes a good point that the majority of people buying it will most likely come from console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back