STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

Saw this one for $200 as well.

shopping

I honestly do not like that art work. Would rather just get the Panthera with it's normal artwork on it or replace it with my own choice.

I honestly do not like that art work. Would rather just get the Panthera with it's normal artwork on it or replace it with my own choice.

It's not that good. I didn't really like the original that much either.

This one was pretty good:

3JD6WcC.jpg

I’ve got 3 sticks and they all have their pros/cons. I’ve reverted back to my TE2+ over my Razer only because the stick isn’t as strong. Now that I’m trying to learn Guile, I may go back to the Razer because the stick gets back to normal quicker I feel like. I haven’t touched my Hori in months because it’s in storage.

As a Ryu main, I’m a sucker for that artwork. I like it a lot.

As a side note, I saw someone on twitter make the comment that Capcom intentionally made Akuma leaps and bounds better than Ken and Ryu. Many of the comments followed saying that was because of the lore. I know Akuma is a glass cannon, but he’ll be the only shoto represented in tournaments if he’s that strong. I don’t know if I agree with balancing characters to their specific lore’s in the SF universe. If that was the case wouldn’t Cody, Oro and Oni almost be unplayable? I get that some should be stronger (i.e. Akuma over Ryu) but they should still give Ryu the tools to be able to put up a fight and not get completely 100% outclassed. Didn’t Ryu end up beating Akuma in the series? Also, Ryu beat Sagat so by this logic Ryu should be beating him in the game. Makes no damn sense.

I’ve got 3 sticks and they all have their pros/cons. I’ve reverted back to my TE2+ over my Razer only because the stick isn’t as strong. Now that I’m trying to learn Guile, I may go back to the Razer because the stick gets back to normal quicker I feel like. I haven’t touched my Hori in months because it’s in storage.

I saw this deal today:

DaqfoWMWkAI2J8C.jpg:large

As a Ryu main, I’m a sucker for that artwork. I like it a lot.

As a side note, I saw someone on twitter make the comment that Capcom intentionally made Akuma leaps and bounds better than Ken and Ryu. Many of the comments followed saying that was because of the lore. I know Akuma is a glass cannon, but he’ll be the only shoto represented in tournaments if he’s that strong. I don’t know if I agree with balancing characters to their specific lore’s in the SF universe. If that was the case wouldn’t Cody, Oro and Oni almost be unplayable? I get that some should be stronger (i.e. Akuma over Ryu) but they should still give Ryu the tools to be able to put up a fight and not get completely 100% outclassed. Didn’t Ryu end up beating Akuma in the series? Also, Ryu beat Sagat so by this logic Ryu should be beating him in the game. Makes no damn sense.

Sounds like he's full of shit, lol. Every character should be viable in a tournament fighter despite the lore. Doesn't always happen, but that's the way it should be.

I love my madcatz fight stick as well but it's the 360 one and I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to make it work with the PS4

Which one did you prefer between the razer and the hori?

I saw this deal today:

DaqfoWMWkAI2J8C.jpg:large

The Dragon is my next stick for sure. I want it but damn is it pricy. $300 is forking over a lot for a stick. Not sure what makes it more special than the other ones up there. Should probably watch some reviews.

Sounds like he's full of shit, lol. Every character should be viable in a tournament fighter despite the lore. Doesn't always happen, but that's the way it should be.

I agree 100%. I also watched a video yesterday about why fighting games have such a hard time and whoever made the video also brought up ‘The Lore’. It’s so stupid, but it feels like Capcom put Akuma light years ahead of Ryu and Ken on purpose. USFIV Ryu was solid, had great options and was really the ‘jack of all trades’ this iteration he has a st.lk. I’m still salty lol, sorry.

I love my madcatz fight stick as well but it's the 360 one and I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to make it work with the PS4

Which one did you prefer between the razer and the hori?

Razer is better overall IMO. It’s a really solid stick and has more options than the Hori does. I ended up putting in a square gate on my Hori and modded the ball top and buttons but haven’t played it for a long time. With the two sticks I have, I’m not missing it.

Aren’t there 360 to PS4 converters for sticks?

The Dragon is my next stick for sure. I want it but damn is it pricy. $300 is forking over a lot for a stick. Not sure what makes it more special than the other ones up there. Should probably watch some reviews.

I agree 100%. I also watched a video yesterday about why fighting games have such a hard time and whoever made the video also brought up ‘The Lore’. It’s so stupid, but it feels like Capcom put Akuma light years ahead of Ryu and Ken on purpose. USFIV Ryu was solid, had great options and was really the ‘jack of all trades’ this iteration he has a st.lk. I’m still salty lol, sorry.

Ryu was definitely top tier in Vanilla SF4. Top 2 or 3 for sure. Very fun to play.

Ryu was definitely top tier in Vanilla SF4. Top 2 or 3 for sure. Very fun to play.

He just seems like he has a lot more options than he currently does. Ryu is so barebones in this game. They should have left his overhead the same. I mean some things I’m glad are gone like his lp.dp > super because that would be really unfair, but give the man some dirt!

@Madmick since this hit a 1,000 I’ll be putting another thread together today or tomorrow, FYI.

Battle Lounge tonight? I'll be logging on a little early today - I'm down with the flu and I've been confined to my house all day.

Battle Lounge tonight? I'll be logging on a little early today - I'm down with the flu and I've been confined to my house all day.

Yea, if someone wants to set it up. I’m currently 30,000ft in the air heading back to SD from Orlando. I don’t land until 10pm tonight.

He just seems like he has a lot more options than he currently does. Ryu is so barebones in this game. They should have left his overhead the same. I mean some things I’m glad are gone like his lp.dp > super because that would be really unfair, but give the man some dirt!

@Madmick since this hit a 1,000 I’ll be putting another thread together today or tomorrow, FYI.

Yeah, even in 3S Ryu didn't have much, but he was still fun to play. Ken was obviously the better choice, but Ryu had some dirty tricks of his own that I showed you.

Razer is better overall IMO. It’s a really solid stick and has more options than the Hori does. I ended up putting in a square gate on my Hori and modded the ball top and buttons but haven’t played it for a long time. With the two sticks I have, I’m not missing it.

Aren’t there 360 to PS4 converters for sticks?

Ha with my madcatz I modded it in the opposite way. Went from balltop to bat and from square gate to an octo gate.

I'm sure there are converters but almost no one uses the same stick I do so I have no idea the right one to use or how well it would work with my stick.

As I said before I have no idea how well a converter would work with the stick I have or if it even will

I got the gym later tonight so I won't be on =/

Ha with my madcatz I modded it in the opposite way. Went from balltop to bat and from square gate to an octo gate.

I'm sure there are converters but almost no one uses the same stick I do so I have no idea the right one to use or how well it would work with my stick.

As I said before I have no idea how well a converter would work with the stick I have or if it even will

I got the gym later tonight so I won't be on =/

My fault. I bought a converter from there a while back and I saw a list of controllers/sticks that it was compatible with, but it wasn't on that site, it was on newegg.

A0ZqMxD.jpg

These are the two sticks I'm playing with right now. The Madcatz TES is over 7 years old, and I took out the stock Sanwa JLF stick and replaced it with a Seimitsu LS-56 with the octagonal restrictor gate. I love the stiffness and shorter throw of the LS-56. Inputting a QCF, QCF command is a breeze and requires less time and wrist motion than my other sticks. I use this for my Shoto characters. I don't play Zangief, but I've heard it's a great stick for 360 characters as well. The rest of the hardware are stock Sanwa.

The Hori Hayabusa comes with its own brand of stick and buttons. The Hayabusa stick is less rigid, got a longer throw, and less "clicky" than my Seimitsu. It comes with a stock square gate, which I prefer to use with charge characters, but now that Chun Li has become a Shoto herself, I find myself wanting to replace all the square gates with octagonal ones.

The Hayabusa buttons have a matte finish, and feel lighter than the Seimitsu and Sanwa buttons. In terms of responsiveness, I think they're about the same as the others - maybe slightly slower - but they feel so light and hollow that it feels very unsatisfying when I slam my fingers down on them.

The third stick I own not shown in the photo is a Madcatz TE2, which I bought right before SFV came out. Modifying it is a snap, literally, because you can pop the case up like the hood of a car. I gutted the pcb out and tried to replace it with a Cerebus pcb, but I fucked it up, and now it's sitting in my garage collecting dust. I'll get back to it when I have the time. I think I'll put a Seimitsu LS-32 in that one.

Back