Straight Outta Compton. UFC fighter T wood is in it!

I know it's a simple Google search away bit when does it come out? I saw dbz last night.

Do a flick about the Wu-Tang Clan, a real movement...then I'd watch

Whatever happened to the alleged ODB biopic they were talking about?

Never really got into NWA but I don't really know whether Wu-Tang (of which I am a huge fan) could claim as big an impact on hip-hop as a whole as they had.

The trailer makes it look like GTA. Art imitating life imitating art I'd say...

I grew up in L.A. when NWA was being blasted on the streets by lowriders and hood rats, while assholes did drive-by's.

Of course Im going to see it but Im sure as fuck not going to see it in L.A...

"Breaking News, a shooting at a movie theater broke out during a viewing of the film Straight Outta Compton..."

CLyEdaVVEAAxRyt.jpg

[YT]QHJltgrdm4g[/YT]

Good for T Wood and Yves

Regarding the movie I call all of them fakes. I will watch but people really believe that those guys were "gangsters"?

I grew up in L.A. when NWA was being blasted on the streets by lowriders and hood rats, while assholes did drive-by's.

Of course Im going to see it but Im sure as fuck not going to see it in L.A...

"Breaking News, a shooting at a movie theater broke out during a viewing of the film Straight Outta Compton..."

I was wondering how they'd control the possible gang violence in the theaters for this flick. I think there was some ruckus when Colors was shown as well.

I always go to the Sherman Oaks Arclight so I think I'm aightz. :icon_chee

The movie is mired in controversy, and not the "no such thing as bad publicity" kind (from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_Outta_Compton_%282015_film%29#Controversies:

"On July 16, 2014, a casting call for extras for Straight Outta Compton was released on the Sande Alessi Casting Facebook page. The casting call was looking for African-American girls for the film using an A-D ranking scale. Though the "A girls" category was looking for drop dead gorgeous "classy" women of all colors, the "B through D" categories were very explicitly linked with skin-tone. As the women get less attractive, the casting call wants the women's flesh tone to be darker, with the lowest listing calling for "African American girls. Poor, not in good shape. Medium to dark skin tone."[46] The casting call post went viral as people expressed their outrage of what they call colorism, sexism and racism in the categorizing of black women.[47] A representative for Sande Alessi Casting said the ad was an "innocent mistake" and when it comes to casting "poor" people, they're also looking for women of various skin tones and body types. As for the A,B,C,D grouping system, Sande Alessi Casting says it's the usual method they use to look for different types of people for any project and it wasn't meant to offend anyone.[48]

On August 12, 2014, TMZ reported that just seven days into filming in Compton, a drive-by shooting took place directly in front of the cast and crew members while they were on the set of the film Straight Outta Compton. A group of men standing outside the Compton Courthouse flashed gang signs at a passing car and passengers in the car opened fire on the group. No one affiliated with the film was injured or hurt, but one civilian right next to the set was hit. Despite the incident, it was announced that filming would continue to take place as planned in the city.[49]

In December 2014, during a show in Sydney, Australia, Ice Cube gave concertgoers a sneak peek at the first Straight Outta Compton trailer.[50][51] When asked about the trailer leak, executive producer of the film Will Packer stated "Cube does what he does." He added, "Cube is the man. We back him. And I love the fact that it's out there and it's getting the response that it's getting, that's what I'll say."[52]

On January 29, 2015, Suge Knight was involved in a hit-and-run incident that left one man dead and another hospitalized.[53][54] Witnesses claim that Knight followed the men after an argument on the Straight Outta Compton film set to a burger stand parking lot in Compton, California, and that the collisions looked intentional.[55] Security footage video was released online in early March showing Knight running over both men but which Knight's attorney said helps his client's self-defense claim.[56] Killed was Terry Carter, co-founder (along with Ice Cube) of Heavyweight Records and a friend of Knight.[57][58] The second victim, filmmaker Cle Sloan, suffered a mangled foot and head injuries.[59][60]

On June 10, 2015, MC Ren took to Twitter to voice his displeasure at the lack of exposure his character has in the Straight Outta Compton trailer, saying "Man fuck these bitches at universal pictures leaving me out the movie trailers tryin to rewrite history." and "When you have bitches work on a hip hop film that don't know shit about hip hop this is what happens. How the hell u leave me out after all"
.[61]

None of that shit sounds controversial except for the first one. Did you go out and gather every single story on the movie?

Good for T Wood and Yves

Regarding the movie I call all of them fakes. I will watch but people really believe that those guys were "gangsters"?

The impression I've gotten so far is that the movie isn't going to portray them as gangsters, rather as four kids from Compton making music. In fact they are apparently leaving out of the movie the most gangster thing Dr. Dre has ever done.

The impression I've gotten so far is that the movie isn't going to portray them as gangsters, rather as four kids from Compton making music. In fact they are apparently leaving out of the movie the most gangster thing Dr. Dre has ever done.

Which was?

Also, just because one is not in a gang doesn't mean one cant be gangster. Surviving the streets during the biggest drug and gangs wars in American history and hustling to provide for your family is gangster in my book.

Which was?

Also, just because one is not in a gang doesn't mean one cant be gangster. Surviving the streets during the biggest drug and gangs wars in American history and hustling to provide for your family is gangster in my book.

How do you not know about the Dee Barnes incident?

Back