Straight Outta Compton. UFC fighter T wood is in it!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RockstarChris, Aug 10, 2015.

1. RockstarChris

RockstarChris Dwight Belt Banned

Straight Outta Compton. Who is gonna go see it? Seems like the biggest sleeper hit of the summer. I loved listening to N i g g a s With Attitude back in the 80's and can't wait. Apparently Ice Cubes son is playing Cube and the guy playing Eazy seems legit and does a great job in all the previews. They dont even mention that UFC fighters T-wood and Yves are in it (apparently Yves is just a stunt double)!

2. beephin

beephin Black Belt

racist.

but i might check it out. heard good things about it.

3. Kneepocalypse

Kneepocalypse This is your god now.

I'm glad the UFC is becoming a pipeline for Hollywood stuntmen. Lots of lucrative work for fighters after their careers are over.

4. BigGucciSosa

BigGucciSosa Red Belt

Efil4zaggin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Straight Outta Compton

5. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

6. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades My Opinion > Yours

Did you really have to spell out NWA ?

7. TASTEofmySCYTHE

TASTEofmySCYTHE Silver Belt

I won't because I'm more of a metal kinda guy and it isn't actually my taste, but I'm very interested to hear how Woodley does. Apparently he has a pretty significant role.

8. Rygu

Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

Yeah that bothered me too. Offended me almost.

9. Which Doctor

Which Doctor The Cabana Boy Belt

Bringing your towel to you...with pleasure.
    Nope. I was around back in those times. I don't need to be reminded of how the past went down.

The Return of the Dexter Wiggle. Now is the time to invest in large quantities of Raiders merch.

And yes, I'm totally going to flaunt the fact that I'm not paying for the same thing twice.

10. HaulParris

HaulParris Gold Belt

The movie is mired in controversy, and not the "no such thing as bad publicity" kind (from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_Outta_Compton_%282015_film%29#Controversies:

"On July 16, 2014, a casting call for extras for Straight Outta Compton was released on the Sande Alessi Casting Facebook page. The casting call was looking for African-American girls for the film using an A-D ranking scale. Though the "A girls" category was looking for drop dead gorgeous "classy" women of all colors, the "B through D" categories were very explicitly linked with skin-tone. As the women get less attractive, the casting call wants the women's flesh tone to be darker, with the lowest listing calling for "African American girls. Poor, not in good shape. Medium to dark skin tone."[46] The casting call post went viral as people expressed their outrage of what they call colorism, sexism and racism in the categorizing of black women.[47] A representative for Sande Alessi Casting said the ad was an "innocent mistake" and when it comes to casting "poor" people, they're also looking for women of various skin tones and body types. As for the A,B,C,D grouping system, Sande Alessi Casting says it's the usual method they use to look for different types of people for any project and it wasn't meant to offend anyone.[48]

On August 12, 2014, TMZ reported that just seven days into filming in Compton, a drive-by shooting took place directly in front of the cast and crew members while they were on the set of the film Straight Outta Compton. A group of men standing outside the Compton Courthouse flashed gang signs at a passing car and passengers in the car opened fire on the group. No one affiliated with the film was injured or hurt, but one civilian right next to the set was hit. Despite the incident, it was announced that filming would continue to take place as planned in the city.[49]

In December 2014, during a show in Sydney, Australia, Ice Cube gave concertgoers a sneak peek at the first Straight Outta Compton trailer.[50][51] When asked about the trailer leak, executive producer of the film Will Packer stated "Cube does what he does." He added, "Cube is the man. We back him. And I love the fact that it's out there and it's getting the response that it's getting, that's what I'll say."[52]

On January 29, 2015, Suge Knight was involved in a hit-and-run incident that left one man dead and another hospitalized.[53][54] Witnesses claim that Knight followed the men after an argument on the Straight Outta Compton film set to a burger stand parking lot in Compton, California, and that the collisions looked intentional.[55] Security footage video was released online in early March showing Knight running over both men but which Knight's attorney said helps his client's self-defense claim.[56] Killed was Terry Carter, co-founder (along with Ice Cube) of Heavyweight Records and a friend of Knight.[57][58] The second victim, filmmaker Cle Sloan, suffered a mangled foot and head injuries.[59][60]

On June 10, 2015, MC Ren took to Twitter to voice his displeasure at the lack of exposure his character has in the Straight Outta Compton trailer, saying "Man fuck these bitches at universal pictures leaving me out the movie trailers tryin to rewrite history." and "When you have bitches work on a hip hop film that don't know shit about hip hop this is what happens. How the hell u leave me out after all"
    .[61]

11. Roop Holstry

Roop Holstry Red Belt

[​IMG]

12. Pliny Pete

Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Why do these meth heads hate NWA?

13. Henddong

Henddong Blue Belt

No vaseline >>

14. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades My Opinion > Yours

Yeah and he knows what's up, that's why he spaced out the letters.

15. Mr. Hammer

Mr. Hammer Silver Belt

Really looking forward to seeing this film.

16. tucan89

tucan89 Purple Belt

Ever since I heard they were making this movie like 2-3 yrs ago I wanted to go looks way better the expected I can't wait. At the beginning of the year only movies I was excited for was Jurassic world and the NWA movie.

17. Slapchoppin

Slapchoppin Brown Belt

well im glad ice cube isn't starring in his own biopic unlike someone we know

18. Sosua

Sosua Yeah nah

High quality.

19. BigGucciSosa

BigGucciSosa Red Belt

Not Ether tho

20. scorpipede

scorpipede you do yo thang Baby Smurf

Hollywood is selective and stereotypes actors? Get. The. Fuck. Outta. Here.

As for the rest of that - uh, that's people doing ridiculous things because they're ridiculous people. The movie didn't make them do it...or did it?

as for this flick, I'll see it for free when it's on Netflix or something like that. My boy Paul Giamatti is in it and I see his flicks as a rule.

Lady in the Water for life son!!!!!! making me feel my feelings and shit.