Straight Outta Compton. UFC fighter T wood is in it!

N.W.A and the G funk era ruined hip hop for a long, long time.

Hollywood is selective and stereotypes actors? Get. The. Fuck. Outta. Here.

As for the rest of that - uh, that's people doing ridiculous things because they're ridiculous people. The movie didn't make them do it...or did it?

as for this flick, I'll see it for free when it's on Netflix or something like that. My boy Paul Giamatti is in it and I see his flicks as a rule.

Lady in the Water for life son!!!!!! making me feel my feelings and shit.

Oh no you didn't just bring up "Lady in the Water"! Seriously though, if we are discussing lesser-known M.Night ShyamalaSystemOfaDownIan movies, I really enjoyed "Devil". Short, sweet, suspenseful, reminiscent of Hitchcock or an old Twilight Zone episode.

Oh no you didn't just bring up "Lady in the Water"! Seriously though, if we are discussing lesser-known M.Night ShyamalaSystemOfaDownIan movies, I really enjoyed "Devil". Short, sweet, suspenseful, reminiscent of Hitchcock or an old Twilight Zone episode.

high five on Devil son! I enjoyed that quite a bit. Definitely had that Twilight Zone vibe.

Do a flick about the Wu-Tang Clan, a real movement...then I'd watch

high five on Devil son! I enjoyed that quite a bit. Definitely had that Twilight Zone vibe.

What did you think of "After Earth"? Nepotism aside, I thought it was a good bit of sci-fi, though the ending was a little too happy for my taste (don't want to spoil it for anyone who might not have seen it). I also thought it peculiar that it was not advertised as a M.Night movie. Sorry to hijack the thread, by the way.

Why do these meth heads hate NWA?
The picture he posted was a play on words (It's a picture of the 80s band "the police"). The joke is there saying fuck NWA because NWA had a song called "fuck da police" (police as in law enforcement, not the band thats the play on words).

The movie is mired in controversy, and not the "no such thing as bad publicity" kind (from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_Outta_Compton_%282015_film%29#Controversies:

"On July 16, 2014, a casting call for extras for Straight Outta Compton was released on the Sande Alessi Casting Facebook page. The casting call was looking for African-American girls for the film using an A-D ranking scale. Though the "A girls" category was looking for drop dead gorgeous "classy" women of all colors, the "B through D" categories were very explicitly linked with skin-tone. As the women get less attractive, the casting call wants the women's flesh tone to be darker, with the lowest listing calling for "African American girls. Poor, not in good shape. Medium to dark skin tone."[46] The casting call post went viral as people expressed their outrage of what they call colorism, sexism and racism in the categorizing of black women.[47] A representative for Sande Alessi Casting said the ad was an "innocent mistake" and when it comes to casting "poor" people, they're also looking for women of various skin tones and body types. As for the A,B,C,D grouping system, Sande Alessi Casting says it's the usual method they use to look for different types of people for any project and it wasn't meant to offend anyone.[48].[61]

White people are considered the most attractive by both men and women of almost all ethnicities while black people are considered very unattractive. So people shouldn't act shocked when they look for white women for the most attractive girls and black ghetto girls for uglies.

EDIT: I'll throw in a graph for the heck of it.

1257977242554.gif

Last edited:
What did you think of "After Earth"? Nepotism aside, I thought it was a good bit of sci-fi, though the ending was a little too happy for my taste (don't want to spoil it for anyone who might not have seen it). I also thought it peculiar that it was not advertised as a M.Night movie. Sorry to hijack the thread, by the way.

I didn't know it was M. Night. I avoided it so far. You really think it's worth a watch?

All this movie talk makes me want to put my never back down tape into the vcr

I didn't know it was M. Night. I avoided it so far. You really think it's worth a watch?

I wouldn't advise paying money to watch it, and it's not a typical M.Night movie (he co-wrote the script based on Will Smith's story). It flopped at the box office, perhaps deservingly so, but it's really not any worse than a lot of other big-budget sci-fi stuff. Nothing groundbreaking, but also not "Battlefield Earth"-level of head-scratching nincompoop-ery.

White people are considered the most attractive by both men and women of almost all ethnicities while black people are considered very unattractive. So people shouldn't act shocked when they look for white women for the most attractive girls and black ghetto girls for uglies.

EDIT: I'll throw in a graph for the heck of it.

1257977242554.gif

Without quoting sources, your post and graph don't make much sense.

Back