Store owner chases and shoots beer thief, thief dies, Store owner charged

If I was on the jury it would take me 0.1 of a second to vote not guilty. Can anyone beat that?

At least the thief will get his 72 beer-gins in his afterlife...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...ly-shoots-shoplifter-stole-36-worth-beer.html

Jesus, I dislike thieves and shoplifters too.

But that sure did escalate quickly.

Happened where I grew up at a gas station. Got broken into 3 times in a few months do the owner slept in it at night. Kids tried to break in a fourth time and he ran them off. As they fled he shot through their back window and killed a teenager. His gas station sat empty for several years as he sat in prison for 1st degree murder.

You can't kill over petty property theft, especially while they aren't a threat to your safety.

Nothing of value was lost.

Well, it depends what kind of beer it was.

That's one store that won't be robbed soon.

why didn't he just shoot the tires??

(^a play on the "why didn't he shoot him in the knee" rhetoric/silliness, bUT! In this situation it actually might've been possible/more appropriate which is where the funny was supposed to be)

Wow, that guy was dumb. Shooting someone over three cases of shitty beer? He deserves the life in prison.

Big generalization of someone's character based on one non-violent action.

I dunno, the way he just casually stole the beer makes me think this isn't a rare thing for him to be doing. He's probably not one of societies best examples of humanity.

I dunno, the way he just casually stole the beer makes me think this isn't a rare thing for him to be doing. He's probably not one of societies best examples of humanity.
And? Neither are you right now or the people commenting "good riddance". Doesn't mean I want you guys killed.

Not really, decent people don't steal beer
Decent people don't troll on the internet either. Doesn't mean they deserve to be killed. Non-violent offenses don't deserve execution.

The casualness doesn't have to represent this being a common occurrence. I think his casualness was him sending a message to the clerks, you ain't gonna do shit to me or I dare you touch me and I'll smash your skull with ease(and you know it too bitch).

Decent people don't troll on the internet either.

Wait. Seriously?

This was sarcasm wasn't it? Please say it was sarcasm . . .

Back