• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Economy stonks v27: banks, the kings of vega

Looks like these TOST calls are going to print after getting absolutely hammered last week on my $BUD and $DASH puts.

Markets turning. Record credit spending on deck and a possible hot CPI? but maybe a lagging indicator until the next one. May get defensive around here. Tech seems out of fashion now, many have tech companies have been absolutely hammered.

Both NVO and LLY were up 15% or so yesterday. Apparently was LLY’s biggest daily gain in 23 years or something. Fatties are just gobbling up their weight loss drugs. I sold both. My bet worked out, but man this one didn’t let me sleep easy, and I don’t like that. I have very little experience being a pharma bro.

Bought NVO at $161.7 May 4th. Sold today at $187.27. 15.81% gain in 3 months.

Averaged into LLY starting shortly after the NVO purchase. Used 2 accounts. First batch had a 14.95% gain and the second a 21.16% gain.

I’ve sold a decent amount this year so far: BABA, TSM, MKC, PKX, NVO and LLY. Sitting on a decent bit of cash now. Still have a target to sell OXY at $70 and probably will let go of EWBC at around $70 as well. Everything else is long-term holds.

Both NVO and LLY were up 15% or so yesterday. Apparently was LLY’s biggest daily gain in 23 years or something. Fatties are just gobbling up their weight loss drugs. I sold both. My bet worked out, but man this one didn’t let me sleep easy, and I don’t like that. I have very little experience being a pharma bro.

Bought NVO at $161.7 May 4th. Sold today at $187.27. 15.81% gain in 3 months.

Averaged into LLY starting shortly after the NVO purchase. Used 2 accounts. First batch had a 14.95% gain and the second a 21.16% gain.

I’ve sold a decent amount this year so far: BABA, TSM, MKC, PKX, NVO and LLY. Sitting on a decent bit of cash now. Still have a target to sell OXY at $70 and probably will let go of EWBC at around $70 as well. Everything else is long-term holds.

Played HIMS the other day, it ripped 16% at open and sold off -6% after good earnings. Health and wellness seems to be going well..

Oil market heating up again by the looks of it, could see +$90 crude if China market gets excited again.

All cash now, unloaded runners.. Waiting for the next big move. Markets look spooked with a hot CPI, more hikes are coming..

Finally got out of $UNG with my 20% profit, just took about 2 months longer than I thought.
Looking for somewhere to dump the profits.

Looks like home builders are having a nice run lately. My IESC is up 96% YTD now.

Last edited:
LMT down to $417, from a high of about $510. There are delays with the delivery of F-35 planes because of a supplier - LHX. It’s only short-term. Long-term nothing has changed.

If it drops below $400 I will happily scoop up some more shares.

Oil up again and the airlines fucked. Fugazi

Crude Oil going parabolic. Steel, Gasoline, Heating Oil hitting 5 month highs. The inflation is over narrative is now dead. Rate cuts this year, not a chance!

It'll be interesting if we start marching towards $100 crude again..

What's more interesting is what can the Fed do next with commodities shooting back to the stars.. Interest rates are already way up. This is beyond my comprehension at this point. It's just got more complex.

My only 2 cents is a recession perhaps can only tank commodities and get things back on track. More hikes is going to absolute crush the consumer and businesses.

Changed my mind and started buying a bit higher. Picked up a small amount of LMT at $415.08 today. Will keep going if price continues to decline.

More LMT at $409.69 and $408.62 this week. I also picked up a very small amount of AMZN at $124.96.

Big tech has taken a bit of a haircut, and I'd like to add, but I still need it to drop a good deal from here before I really start buying. I'm thinking:

AAPL: $155
AMZN: $110
GOOGL: $120
MSFT: $280

SCHW has also taken a nosedive again. Down to $55 from $68 a few weeks ago. $54 and below I'm adding more shares.

Anyone have any thoughts on investing in EnergyX
https://energyx.com/
Generally, stay away from investing in IPOs. Even more so when dealing with startups with unproven technologies. Extremely risky.

IPOS are arranged to achieve the best results for selling investors, not the ones buying.

Generally, stay away from investing in IPOs. Even more so when dealing with startups with unproven technologies. Extremely risky.

IPOS are arranged to achieve the best results for selling investors, not the ones buying.
I don’t know that it’s an IPO.
I signed up on their site to be an investor a while ago and they have a retail investment offering coming up.

F7TCxTXW4AEl0ac

Last edited:
I'd say now is the time to start buying up some stonks for small/med cap companies. Some nice discounts here.

I don’t know that it’s an IPO.
I signed up on their site to be an investor a while ago and they have a retail investment offering coming up.
So it's like a round of funding for a privately held company, specifically for retail? That's interesting...and unusual.

Usually that's only open to the ultra-wealthy and hedge funds. Like with Theranos, where Betsy DeVos and Rupert Murdoch were dropping $100 million.

Regardless, I'd still stay away. Way too speculative for me. You're really rolling the dice with that.

Back