Economy Stock market chat v4: Planet Fitness downgraded by rogues.

Well let me rephrase that: what do you think is out of whack/mispriced?

most everything seems overpriced, today, imo. just yesterday, the market dropped on "news" that china doesn't trust trump/the trade deal won't likely go beyond phase 1. hours later, it's the opposite.

i'm not complaining, i've taken advantage of it quite a bit. but it's still retarded. lolz

most everything seems overpriced, today, imo. just yesterday, the market dropped on "news" that china doesn't trust trump/the trade deal won't likely go beyond phase 1. hours later, it's the opposite.

i'm not complaining, i've taken advantage of it quite a bit. but it's still retarded. lolz
Yeah I'm shorting LOCO here (el Pollo Loco). 30% pop off a 1% yoy sales comp and they werent even trading below avg by much.

Last edited:

US stock market‘s new high baffles investors
“There is a disconnect between where the market is going and where the economy is heading,” Mr de Longis said.

On this reading, investors should look instead to the bond market to understand why stocks continue to climb. The debt market, highly sensitive to bad news, has been raising red flags about slowing domestic and international growth as reflected in sliding yields.

Major central banks responded quickly to the deteriorating economic outlook with aggressive monetary policy action in the form of interest-rate cuts and bond-buying. This seems to have reassured investors.
Corporate activity is another part of the puzzle. US corporate profits contracted in the first and second quarters of the year, sending them into an “earnings recession”, according to FactSet data. It expects this trend to continue into the third quarter.

Balancing that, stock buybacks — where a company repurchases its own shares — continue to provide support to the stock market. When companies buy their own stock, they reduce the total amount of shares on the market, inflating common metrics like earnings per share, which typically boosts the stock price.
Persistent stock buybacks combined with the upbeat tone on trade negotiations between the US and China and historically low rates in the US are likely to keep stocks elevated, said BofA’s Mr Woodard.

Investors who have sat on the sidelines will begin to grow anxious that stocks will just keep rising, he added. “When the market reaches new highs there is a ‘fear of missing out’ trade,” he said. Fresh all-time highs would suggest that this “FOMO trade” is in effect.
https://www.ft.com/content/3d277df2-fbfd-11e9-98fd-4d6c20050229

LOL quite the luck: bet Under Armour as a trade war bet over the weekend...trade war side of things is right...then report comes out they're being investigated for fraud and stock down 20% _-

Sold my house and now sitting on a pile of cash. I am uneasy about adding more stocks to my portfolio.

I sound like an scared old chicken little by saying I might just go into 3 year CD's or possibly bonds. FFS. This is a first world problem.

Sold my house and now sitting on a pile of cash. I am uneasy about adding more stocks to my portfolio.

I sound like an scared old chicken little by saying I might just go into 3 year CD's or possibly bonds. FFS. This is a first world problem.
I don't blame you.

i mean, while i think the market is quite retardedly overbought right now, it'll probably come down soon. especially compared to 3 year CDs... and especially with the interest rates of today.

https://old.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

wsb is on fire today. if you're not familiar with ctn/guh (and Personal Risk Tolerance), you might not get much of the humour, but... robinhood is far more retarded than even i thought.

serious joking talk of using rh's dumbass leverage to coordinate a hostile takeover of a company...

Last edited:
I'm up on my Robinhood account 15% this week!
From 150 too 173!

I'm up on my Robinhood account 15% this week!
From 150 too 173!

congrats, you're on your way to being an autist like us!

i think i'm actually down this week due to backend clusterfuckery. i'm using 3 brokers and i hate them all.

rh's level 2 data just vanished today. apparently, the lag/slow executions/ hilarious leverage/limiting options wasn't bad enough. ikbr lite seems to be trash. possibly intentionally, to drive people toward pro. thinkorswim has charts galore, but their realtime data seems stupidly narrow and worse than robinhood's... well, when robinhood had it. haha.

fuck me.

Positions I'm holding for right now.

KOD 5 shares at cost: 22.16
Now at 21.90
INFU 9 shares at cost: 7.15
Now at 7.20

i mean, while i think the market is quite retardedly overbought right now, it'll probably come down soon. especially compared to 3 year CDs... and especially with the interest rates of today.

Open a capital one account at 2% interest.

Open a capital one account at 2% interest.

lolzturtle.gif

Weed stocks crashed massively for us Canadians. Bought some WEED and HMMJ (index).

i picked up some aurora at 2.70 or some ridiculous price just before close. but actually sold it after-hours. almost can't believe how cheap they got. haha.

i picked up some aurora at 2.70 or some ridiculous price just before close. but actually sold it after-hours. almost can't believe how cheap they got. haha.
Bought ACB like a sucker at 3.6. Broke even right now.

Got WEED at 20.5. Currently sitting on a 15% gain in less than a week. Only invested $2,000 :(

HMMJ up 3% since I bought.

Back