Economy Stock market chat v4: Planet Fitness downgraded by rogues.

loaded up on semis this morning (thanks, texas instruments!). sold off some, holding some til later earnings.

bought some aurora. seems to be speculation it's going to skyrocket or collapse (some sort of rumour they bought hexo, no idea). might be neither. beats me.

...and sold them.

Last edited:
lol bought some TSLA right before they released. Sold too soon tho

Last edited:
Up 51 dollars after hours on TSLA

Holy shit I've been listening to this conference call and Elon Musk is so far up his own ass.
Managed to cut his own employee off randomly within a few minutes of the start.
Claims their energy and solar business is going to be bigger than their car biz.

LOL

"now this is uhhh, just my opinion, could be totally wrong (on the fucking conference call for the company you lead), but the cyber truck is going to be our best product ever"

Holy shit I've been listening to this conference call and Elon Musk is so far up his own ass.
Managed to cut his own employee off randomly within a few minutes of the start.
Claims their energy and solar business is going to be bigger than their car biz.

LOL

"now this is uhhh, just my opinion, could be totally wrong (on the fucking conference call for the company you lead), but the cyber truck is going to be our best product ever"

LOL. I'm actually pretty interested to see what the truck ends up looking like. I was never interested in owning a truck, but since I bought a house it seems like every couple weeks I have a project where a truck would come in handy. As long as it isn't too bizarre, it should do really well. I'm a little surprised that something like the Y got prioritized over a truck given how close the Y is to the 3, but I suppose battery improvements are making a truck more feasible.

Way more upside investing in nickel and maybe cobalt than directly in Tesla IMO. Nickel price has come down a little and the mining stocks have dropped accordingly. Wouldn't mind if people start selling off towards the end of the year. Keeping an eye on Indonesia. They are building 20 some odd nickel refineries in the next 2-3 years. Depending on how successful that is they could destroy the potential for any massive gains, but between now and then there should be some opportunities.

Lithium still in the dumps. Only holding Neo Lithium.

Graphite in the dumps as well. Syrah resources might have screwed themselves and everyone else for the next couple years by oversupplying the market and getting taken advantage of by the Chinese. Sold that disaster a while ago.

Brackis you still holding TRQ? I am. Avg a little over .70 :oops:

LOL. I'm actually pretty interested to see what the truck ends up looking like. I was never interested in owning a truck, but since I bought a house it seems like every couple weeks I have a project where a truck would come in handy. As long as it isn't too bizarre, it should do really well. I'm a little surprised that something like the Y got prioritized over a truck given how close the Y is to the 3, but I suppose battery improvements are making a truck more feasible.

Way more upside investing in nickel and maybe cobalt than directly in Tesla IMO. Nickel price has come down a little and the mining stocks have dropped accordingly. Wouldn't mind if people start selling off towards the end of the year. Keeping an eye on Indonesia. They are building 20 some odd nickel refineries in the next 2-3 years. Depending on how successful that is they could destroy the potential for any massive gains, but between now and then there should be some opportunities.

Graphite in the dumps as well. Syrah resources might have screwed themselves and everyone else for the next couple years by oversupplying the market and getting taken advantage of by the Chinese. Sold that disaster a while ago.

I dumped at .5 and reentered at .45 after earnings report selloff. The reduction in production scared weak hands but it honestly reaffirmed to me that they aren't going to BK.

There is just no way this supposed Truck is going to come together at a price and economy of scale that is viable. Too much of the truck market is culturally opposed and it will become another wealth-credential gag item where poseurs drop 100k on some show piece.

The Truck going to be huge in size Elon said it will not be for everyone. I have a feeling it will be based in someway off the semi truck with 6 wheels and a massive truck bed. His early claims that it was going to sell for around 50K will turn out wrong. He already compared it closer to an armored personal carrier then a pickup. He also said it would accelerate as fast as a 911 "did not specify what level of 911?" and be rated to pull something like 32,000 lbs "but said it could go much higher but limited it due to limits on the roads". It will end up looking like a Hummer pickup with a Tesla Semi front and a huge battery.

The Truck going to be huge in size Elon said it will not be for everyone. I have a feeling it will be based in someway off the semi truck with 6 wheels and a massive truck bed. His early claims that it was going to sell for around 50K will turn out wrong. He already compared it closer to an armored personal carrier then a pickup. He also said it would accelerate as fast as a 911 "did not specify what level of 911?" and be rated to pull something like 32,000 lbs "but said it could go much higher but limited it due to limits on the roads". It will end up looking like a Hummer pickup with a Tesla Semi front and a huge battery.

I agree with you and brackis that 50k is unlikely initially. Tesla will probably offer a 70-80k premium version first kind of like they did with a 3, and the entry level version may never happen.

Elon mentioned a 400 or 500 mile range option. That probably takes a 200kwh battery, so 25-30k cost in just the battery. Still people are willing to dish out a lot of money for high end trucks these days.

I feel like this is a good time to short Tesla

The stock is currently trading at $305.99
Let's see where it's at in a few weeks
I say down, big time

I feel like this is a good time to short Tesla

The stock is currently trading at $305.99
Let's see where it's at in a few weeks
I say down, big time
It's probably going to rise to 320 or so to squeeze some more short pimples and then give back. Way too many dumb as fuck people who now think they're profitable and growing lol

It's probably going to rise to 320 or so to squeeze some more short pimples and then give back. Way too many dumb as fuck people who now think they're profitable and growing lol

It is amazing that people still buy into the hype

Tesla Earnings
Tesla earnings came in at $1.91 a share. That defied views for a loss of 12 cents a share. The surprise Tesla earnings came even as revenue fell nearly 8% to $6.3 billion, the first drop in seven years and missing views for $6.6 billion.

Tesla recognized some deferred revenue from its late September release of a Smart Summon feature.
https://www.investors.com/market-tr...stock-lam-research-edwards-lifesciences-rise/

if you want another headscratcher... bcov beat earnings, beat revenue (i think guidance is same)... drops like 10%. it's a smallcap, so a flip won't likely be immediate.

if you want another headscratcher... bcov beat earnings, beat revenue (i think guidance is same)... drops like 10%. it's a smallcap, so a flip won't likely be immediate.
Their guidance upon quick glance looks flat, which is terrible for a video tech co.

Gah should have held my AMZN that I bought at the bottom AH.
My shitty oil stocks doing well; CRC and ECA I think due for pops based on how QEP performed. Got burned trying to buy some ILMN

TSLA up 8% on herd buying

Last edited:
damn near everything seems to be up bigly today.
I'm mad at market right now.
Wasn't in Tesla and pretty much everything I played today did the opposite of what markets would have indicated.
The Tesla thing is just so laughably stupid and confirms we are an intellectually divergent species of the smartest production minds and most retarded consumer imps.

Yup dumb money chasing TSLA pouring in rofl

"“I think within the next several months we should be well past 1,000 roofs a week,” he said Friday. “That’s our goal.” Sales, he said, “will grow like kelp on steroids. Long term, obviously we want to do 10,000 roofs a week. “

^^ Musk making shit up with ridiculous round numbers about his solar roof.

Last edited:
Back