Economy Stock market chat v4: Planet Fitness downgraded by rogues.

i'm doing relatively ok, but i'm starting to feel like i could just be clicking random buttons with similar results for the last ~2 weeks or so.

sold and shortly re-entered a few things amidst the market fuckery. still waiting on tomorrow's stupid microsoft announcement/whatever for bigger moves.
I got wrecked on NIO but everything else gone well (sold my CHWY at the open up 2% lol)

Damnit closed my NIO position too soon. Back above 1.5!
Really on tilt after eyeing TSG the Stars Group alllll fucking week based on the Fox Betting ads I'd been seeing. Was gonna wait for this weeks uncertainty to calm down, but noooo they just had to pop 30% on acquisition news this morning before I got in -_-----

Wild wacky day.
thought I'd been wrecked on CLVS and RDFN each down over 7% before coming back.
Pot stocks up (flipped some ACB and CGC)

NIO up 25% lol

lost money today, but nowhere near as much as i probably should have. fucking microsoft. i wasn't even trying to make moves on msft, but amd/qualcomm/etc. but man, that presentation was dildos.

and again, i wish arm wasn't owned by softbank.

and with so many brokers suddenly ditching commissions/fees, i'm going to have to do some research about which to switch to.

does anyone know offhand which has the lowest margin rates, among brokers that allow shorts and LIFO/selective?

Last edited:
lost money today, but nowhere near as much as i probably should have. fucking microsoft. i wasn't even trying to make moves on msft, but amd/qualcomm/etc. but man, that presentation was dildos.

and again, i wish arm wasn't owned by softbank.

and with so many brokers suddenly ditching commissions/fees, i'm going to have to do some research about which to switch to.

does anyone know offhand which has the lowest margin rates, among brokers that allow shorts and LIFO/selective?
Interactive Brokers possibly?

I shorted MSFT at the bottom today which feels dumb, but seriously lol @ all these folding tablet bullshit things. So much tryhard innovation that doesnt actually enhance the user experience.

weird, i recall trying to switch to ikbr a couple months ago... and it said it wasn't available in my country. lolz. must have been a script blocker interfering. dammit. i could have been long gone from rh...

and today i dumped a ton of shit at 9:55-9:59 and bought them back at 10:05ish for a massive discount.

this market is so nutso.

Last edited:
weird, i recall trying to switch to ikbr a couple months ago... and it said it wasn't available in my country. lolz. must have been a script blocker interfering. dammit. i could have been long gone from rh...

and today i dumped a ton of shit at 9:55-9:59 and bought them back at 10:05ish for a massive discount.

this market is so nutso.
Yeah super wild day.
Wish I had doubled down on my CRC at the bottom.
Betting on FUN buyout
TSLA a tempting buy because I know Musk will come out guns blazing with propaganda.
Bought Costco at the bottom today gonna get out before earnings.

Bottomfeeding some SSTI shotspotter.
Their growth is going to flatten, but valuation and margins are appealing now as long as the gun scare thing continues, which I think it will.

i was planning on flipping pepsi yesterday and costco today, but ended up using too much $ on other shit and didn't get to them.

Bought the bottom on some oil shit today. Or so I hope
Got wrecked trying to short SGH

that's funny. i flipped some oil shit today. (smlp)

Last edited:
Been looking at Nike price for the year, they really did well

Yeah no idea why CHWY and some of these tech growth stocks are up so large.

no idea. just sold chewy. probably too early, but i want to free up some cash. i'm terrible at holding.

nvidia got an upgrade which brought up a lot of semis. and that's where it gets weird. tsm has great news, but it seems to be possibly bad for all of their customers (ie: apple, amd, nvidia, etc) - as tsm is backlogged to hell. possible reduced 2020/2021 guidance for some of them as a result.

Back