Economy Stock market chat v4: Planet Fitness downgraded by rogues.

lol Tesla gets killed last few days and suddenly Musk leaks sales figures to pop the stock 6%.
Showing his hand again.

lolz @ how long the dumb "MARKET CRASH!!!" lasted re: today's impeachement testimony.

as if superman mike pence would let the market down, anyway.

lolz @ how long the dumb "MARKET CRASH!!!" lasted re: today's impeachement testimony.

as if superman mike pence would let the market down, anyway.
There is still a risk of finance tantrum if anyone but a republican or biden looks like they're winning the presidency.

Wish I had bought some Latham which I'd been looking at. They just got a 20% investment at a 10 bil valuation (while trading at 6 bil) from Delta to join their alliance and will be throwing another 400 mil or something at them. Scalpled a few % on it, but missed like 40%

There is still a risk of finance tantrum if anyone but a republican or biden looks like they're winning the presidency.

definitely, but that should mostly be in 2020.

Wish I had bought some Latham which I'd been looking at. They just got a 20% investment at a 10 bil valuation (while trading at 6 bil) from Delta to join their alliance and will be throwing another 400 mil or something at them.

i thought delta straight up bought them? it's pretty irrelevant to me, anyway. i played myself into a corner for the moment.

Wish I had bought some Latham which I'd been looking at. They just got a 20% investment at a 10 bil valuation (while trading at 6 bil) from Delta to join their alliance and will be throwing another 400 mil or something at them. Scalpled a few % on it, but missed like 40%

Trust me I’m out of market if someone other than Biden or mayor Pete gets the nod

definitely, but that should mostly be in 2020.

i thought delta straight up bought them? it's pretty irrelevant to me, anyway. i played myself into a corner for the moment.
Nope they can only own 20% due to foreign ownership laws or some shit, at least what I read.

Trust me I’m out of market if someone other than Biden or mayor Pete gets the nod
I welcome it.
Lets me short and profit off the myopic tears of panicked rich people. No greater joy I could imagine.

lol tried catching the bottom on CRWD at 54.5
WRONG.

50 IT IS lol

I welcome it.
Lets me short and profit off the myopic tears of panicked rich people. No greater joy I could imagine.

I’m talking more about my 401K. I’ll move that shit to principle and make 0.5% until the election is over as I believe the market will capitulate downward until then.

I welcome it.

I’d short the fuck out of Planet Fitness. Any downturn in the economy and that company is toast.

Leak?
Haven't traded much today due to lack of earnings.

you had to have heard/noticed. it tanked the market. a leak about how the white house is allegedly debating limiting portfolio investments to china/possible delisting of chinese companies.

ie: something that i think had a ~0% chance of happening that would have been a great negotiation play next month... that's now up in flames.

I’m talking more about my 401K. I’ll move that shit to principle and make 0.5% until the election is over as I believe the market will capitulate downward until then.

short your 401k

Good thing that doof left this thread as his amazing pick Planet Fitness is doing exactly what I thought it would do. You can’t hit stage 2 with $10 monthly.

Really regretting not putting some scratch on THO, thor industries. Not even great numbers but looking at the chart they were very low already and CEO had recentl;y been on CNBC making bullish comments. Should have known this was a recipe to bring it back to equilibrium. Which it did; up 22%.
Not chasing.
Speaking of not chasing; that Fastly I was lamenting had tanked to 22. Buying in to $25.

Did make the right move getting some pre-earnings stitchfix.

i'm just waiting for plays regarding microsoft's announcement on wednesday.

bought back in on tpic a little bit. and bought some chewy, that i'm probably getting fucked on. the problem with buying stock in companies you like vs what seem to be good/safe investments... *shrug*

today kind of annoyed me. volume seemed way low on most things i keep an eye on.

i'm just waiting for plays regarding microsoft's announcement on wednesday.

bought back in on tpic a little bit. and bought some chewy, that i'm probably getting fucked on. the problem with buying stock in companies you like vs what seem to be good/safe investments... *shrug*

today kind of annoyed me. volume seemed way low on most things i keep an eye on.
I covered another round of chwy shorts at 25 and flipped some buys.

Going bottom feeding on NIO

i'm doing relatively ok, but i'm starting to feel like i could just be clicking random buttons with similar results for the last ~2 weeks or so.

sold and shortly re-entered a few things amidst the market fuckery. still waiting on tomorrow's stupid microsoft announcement/whatever for bigger moves.

Back