Economy Stock market chat v3: Tesla crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll buy

timthumb.php
Ferrari (NYSE:RACE)‘s stock had its “buy” rating reiterated by equities researchers at Bank of America in a report issued on Thursday, The Fly reports. They currently have a $225.00 target price on the stock, up from their prior target price of $150.00. Bank of America‘s target price would suggest a potential upside of 33.33% from the company’s current price.

That is common and expected. Earnings cause after shocks that spread far and wide. One big company can move the entire market and set the tone of it. Cramer talked about this in the old days, if he wanted to short a stock or was short the market, he would use all his firepower to knock down what was holding it up. Imagine Netflix had great earnings, it becomes the fulcrum of the market and you gotta shoot it down. Kill the head of the snake and the body dies.
To that end, Roku rebounded immediately.

Also lol @ Kinder Morgan. Static money
When business decides to take a strong political stance generally earnings suffer.
yeah NKE is really hurting lol

Damn I'd been watching Red Robin for an entry but Vintage came back and they now seem open, up 16% after hours.
Seems like they're gonna try to get at least 40/share and try to lure bidding war toward 45.
My huge order missed @ 34 but in smalller at 36

Damn why did I sell half my Crowdstrike after earnings? lol Shit is retarded.

Wooot moneygram up over 10% after some korean payments startup deal

Tempted to get in on QEP shale bullshit, down 13% after their buyout hedge fund bro Elliot tried to lowball. Caused massive overreaction imo. @ 5.5 after he was in talks @ $8+ and was trading $7+

chewy getting hammered. glad i sold most. ill buy more

chart.ashx

My thesis on Ferrari: rich people aren't going away. there will always be a steady demand for these cars regardless of the economy. especially with all these new rich people in places like India, China and Middle East.

chart.ashx

Skechers. I love retail and fashion. People will always need clothes.

chart.ashx

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

Mark Twain

I sold my dad's Pepsi and am staying away from those stocks that have been on fire in that sector. Like Proctor and Gamble. Hersheys. Starbucks. These are bond proxy stocks. With bond rates so low, people put money into these stocks for yield. I'm thinking their cycle will be over soon. Actually heard this advice on CNBC and agree with it. I was wondering why these stocks were so hot. It's not like the economy is bad. It is bonds. Same reason TLT has been up.

Gah I added a liuttle on RYAM yesterday down big, dividend news overnight and I got out up 7.5%...up 12% now lol gdi

im off to volunteer at the local food bank. see you at 3

Jesus christ RYAM up 20% lol.

Last edited:
I think I might load the truck on Habit Grill again finally. Trading @10, 52-week low, but seems to have new locations opening in trendy new shopping centers. I see this running to high 12s or 13 in next 3 months.

Nice call on Chwy Bonesy, that rebounded nicely.

Congrats to anyone who bought up this Tesla run; almost time to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back