Economy Stock Market chat. Discuss everything from Musk to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbal Life only lived cuz Carl Icahn doesn't like Bill Ackman. Icahn has the gift. He made Caesars pop yesterday by saying he is pushing them to sell. He owns like 10%.
lol he upped his Newell Brands stake and that shit tanked 20% today on earnings.

I'm starting positions in XOM and TROW this week. I don't own any energy or financial stocks (O is a REIT, separate category now), so I thought it's time to change that. Both are positioned well for me to throw $1k at each.

stne.jpg

Canadian solar:

chart.ashx

Consider this: Pine Tsunami, a low-THC (4.5%), high-CBD (15.3%) strain of cannabis flower, sells at Vela in Seattle for $184 an ounce. Chanel No.5 Grand Extrait perfume retails online for $276 an ounce. An ounce of HP printer inkgoes for about $75 at Staples. A bar of .999 percent pure silver costs $18 an ounce. Most medicinal dried herbs retail for under $4 an ounce.

Pure CBD, at 10 cents per milligram, carries a consumer cost of $2,835 an ounce—more than twice that of pure gold.

I'm buying this company who makes special capsules. It allows them to put nitrogen in the capsules to maintain potency.

Consider this: Pine Tsunami, a low-THC (4.5%), high-CBD (15.3%) strain of cannabis flower, sells at Vela in Seattle for $184 an ounce. Chanel No.5 Grand Extrait perfume retails online for $276 an ounce. An ounce of HP printer inkgoes for about $75 at Staples. A bar of .999 percent pure silver costs $18 an ounce. Most medicinal dried herbs retail for under $4 an ounce.

Pure CBD, at 10 cents per milligram, carries a consumer cost of $2,835 an ounce—more than twice that of pure gold.

I'm buying this company who makes special capsules. It allows them to put nitrogen in the capsules to maintain potency.

it’s been said the only person with better margins than cosmetics is a drug dealer

WMT killed earnings, but only raised their div 2%, making their 5 year div growth a whopping 2% overall. The 10 year growth rate is 8.4%, so even with the turnaround they're being chintzy with the div. Fucking hell. I sold them and bought BA today instead.

Glad I have some steel balls, got back 30% on my Bristow failure today. Mad at myself for giving up on MX semiconductors which popped 20% today after I bailed on it following guidance grrrr...
Hoping to get one more herd-run-up on STNE before I bail.

I was having a hard time dedicating work and trading, so I taught my wife how to scalp futures for the past weeks, stay at home mom and all, and she's been doing incredibly well, better than I am. Just 2-3 points at a time... she's playing loose and risky without a stop so far, trying to hone in her entries, but making consistent returns. Going to apply her for margin, gonna be great having a trading partner.

Glad I have some steel balls, got back 30% on my Bristow failure today. Mad at myself for giving up on MX semiconductors which popped 20% today after I bailed on it following guidance grrrr...
Hoping to get one more herd-run-up on STNE before I bail.

Stone up another 7%. I'm trimming. Made around 20% on it.

Stone up another 7%. I'm trimming. Made around 20% on it.
Yeah trimmed too.
Very upset at myself for exiting my Herba short and Shotspotter position at open to make basically nothing on things that ended up going right. Tempted to get back in on shorting Herbalife seeing that if the cult erodes at all, thats ouch.

Yeah trimmed too.
Very upset at myself for exiting my Herba short and Shotspotter position at open to make basically nothing on things that ended up going right. Tempted to get back in on shorting Herbalife seeing that if the cult erodes at all, thats ouch.

SSTI is crazy. First stock I ever bought. It was like $16. I sold it at late 20s and early 30s. Then swung it a couple of times. I missed out on a lot of profit. It was a company I really liked. The product. Gunshots are money. All places should have this technology.

SSTI is crazy. First stock I ever bought. It was like $16. I sold it at late 20s and early 30s. Then swung it a couple of times. I missed out on a lot of profit. It was a company I really liked. The product. Gunshots are money. All places should have this technology.
I watched it swing twice today and finally collected 6% on the 3rd run up.
The tech is decent but EXPENSIVE. It's basically paying 100k+ for every square mile, and that just gives you alerts that a gun was fired lol.
I really wish I had been paying attention to it at the end of 2018 when it was beat down. Right now tons of growth is priced in and some cities are bailing because of privacy concerns (they lost a big contract with Toronto over it)
Basically seems like it's being bought as a security-theater product by cities to make their politicians seem like they're doing something. Their prices they charge are criminal to have some glorified 4g microphones setup across a city. It's great for getting police to the scene in areas where people weren't going to call the police for the gunfire (both good and bad).

Last edited:
Bloom Energy with a nice +8% today. It's pseudo-green energy that can be run off existing power sources; Came out wildly off IP then crashed, I'm gonna try to ride it from 9 to 14 then bail.

Any thoughts on ABBV? Been thinking about adding them for a while.

I sold GIS today and bought MDT, added more T and DIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back