Economy Stock Market chat. Discuss everything from Musk to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a Goldman expert on CNBC say AAPL stock is going nowhere and he's got it at neutral.

When Apple's money making machine keeps bringing in tons of cash, how the fuck should the stock not be worth more considering they got more money and especially considering the stock buybacks boost the EPS and reduces the dividend payout overall?

Also, thinking about the chart masters. The fucking charts don't factor in business developments, trade wars, etc. Why the fuck should so much value be given to charts? I feel like if enough decide their behavior based on charts, it'll be self-fulfilling prophecy bullshit.

One of the reasons it usually makes more money is because of fees. Mutual funds and such ARE the market but they underperform it when you add in fees. All these etfs are the fuckin same. Amazon. Google. JP Morgan. It isn't rocket science to create your own with a few adjustments with no expense ratio.

Warren Buffet doesn't take his own advice. He gives that advice to plebs and it is good advice, but pros like him and I pick stocks.
Lol putting yourself as a pro like Buffett

I bet you can't beat the market consistently, at least over any extended period of time

Show us your total positions and moves on weekly basis

A Vanguard fund has the lowest fees possible. You have it exactly backwards, buying & selling individual stocks requires paying a commission each time, which is one of the reasons why passive always beats active. Not to mention the value of your time- I spend two minutes a year beating your returns, how much time do you put into doing research, etc.?

you're an idiot. i have never paid a commission in my life.

I saw a Goldman expert on CNBC say AAPL stock is going nowhere and he's got it at neutral.

When Apple's money making machine keeps bringing in tons of cash, how the fuck should the stock not be worth more considering they got more money and especially considering the stock buybacks boost the EPS and reduces the dividend payout overall?

Also, thinking about the chart masters. The fucking charts don't factor in business developments, trade wars, etc. Why the fuck should so much value be given to charts? I feel like if enough decide their behavior based on charts, it'll be self-fulfilling prophecy bullshit.

The financial media knows nothing and is often trying to misdirect you. Apple is a good long term hold.

A Vanguard fund has the lowest fees possible. You have it exactly backwards, buying & selling individual stocks requires paying a commission each time, which is one of the reasons why passive always beats active. Not to mention the value of your time- I spend two minutes a year beating your returns, how much time do you put into doing research, etc.?

Actually, now Schwab and Fidelity have 0 percent fee funds now, so they're the lowest.

Plus, I can create my own index fund by just copying the top 20 holdings in an ETF or MF I like, and never pay another dime for having those funds. Many places will give you free trades, so there goes that cost too.

Your debate on passive vs active is generally valid for longterm stockholders who want nothing to do with trying to beat the market but rather just make sure their wealth grows over time. What these guys are doing is different.

Lol putting yourself as a pro like Buffett

I bet you can't beat the market consistently, at least over any extended period of time

Show us your total positions and moves on weekly basis

I made 190% on Funko alone.

BzXf9BH.jpg

Last edited:
The more you treat money as real the less of it you will make. They say money makes everything emotional. I agree. I am filled with joy.

ok show us your total positions, across what the entire time frame

lol. i aint doing shit but making money. deal with it. that's all your getting. I could take a selfie with my portfolio or other shit but I'm not doing that. I don't even know how it breaks down. It would take work to figure out. Since I started in late 2017, I am just shy of 40%. Like 38 or 39 as of today. You can believe it or not.

lol. i aint doing shit but making money. deal with it. that's all your getting. I could take a selfie with my portfolio or other shit but I'm not doing that. I don't even know how it breaks down. It would take work to figure out.

you put out a very confident claim that "pros like yourself and buffet" can beat the market

i'm saying that's particularly hard to do over any extended period of time on your total portfolio

you show me a screen shot of a 1 year P/L and that's supposed to represent you beating the market over an extended time frame?

we know what buffet's record is because it's available publicly, we know what the market does, if you want to make a claim you should be putting up your portfolio and trades to verify

you put out a very confident claim that "pros like yourself and buffet" can beat the market

i'm saying that's particularly hard to do over any extended period of time on your total portfolio

you show me a screen shot of a 1 year P/L and that's supposed to represent you beating the market over an extended time frame?

we know what buffet's record is because it's available publicly, we know what the market does, if you want to make a claim you should be putting up your portfolio and trades to verify

In case you don't know I tend to be sarcastic and exaggerate. I obviously don't consider myself to be on the level of Buffett.

Opened a position in CVS. They are redoing things. There will now be a large open area in the back with a dietitian, respiratory therapist and other things. I like what I see.

chart.ashx

b6baa2f7-cfe4-4885-b5c1-bb6b5633fb51_image.jpg

Baltimore-CVS-fire-jpg_9379311_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

union_car_into_cvs_0430.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

In case you don't know I tend to be sarcastic and exaggerate. I obviously don't consider myself to be on the level of Buffett.

forget buffet

do you actually think you can beat the market over an extended time (let's say 3/5/10 years)?

Bought some Nemaska Lithium last week after watching it slowly slide for a year or so. Turns out they underestimated the cost of building their plant by $300 million. Dropped 40 percent today. FML

forget buffet

do you actually think you can beat the market over an extended time (let's say 3/5/10 years)?

I signed up for Sigfig several years ago, and they go back only one year max. From 2/13/18 until today, my total return (dividend growth investing, not trade like these guys) is 13.9%, and the S&P in that same timeframe is 3.4%.

I signed up for Sigfig several years ago, and they go back only one year max. From 2/13/18 until today, my total return (dividend growth investing, not trade like these guys) is 13.9%, and the S&P in that same timeframe is 3.4%.
You're a buy and hold investor right? With a focus on dividend growth which is solid fundamental

Im talking about the speculative in and out day/swing trading that jonesbones is engaged in

You're a buy and hold investor right? With a focus on dividend growth which is solid fundamental

Im talking about the speculative in and out day/swing trading that jonesbones is engaged in

I know guys that do it, but it takes some talent and a lot of effort. I don't have that kind of time or devotion or cash to put up. I like knowing that when I retire, and I'm still doing DGI, I can get dividends at 3-4% per year of total investment, growing between 4-7% per year, without touching the principal.

I do wish I would have purchased a bitcoin mining machine back in 2011 or 2012. I would have had thousands of bitcoins by now and could probably have retired before 40. That's the only "investment" I missed out on :)

Actually, now Schwab and Fidelity have 0 percent fee funds now, so they're the lowest.

Plus, I can create my own index fund by just copying the top 20 holdings in an ETF or MF I like, and never pay another dime for having those funds. Many places will give you free trades, so there goes that cost too.

Your debate on passive vs active is generally valid for longterm stockholders who want nothing to do with trying to beat the market but rather just make sure their wealth grows over time. What these guys are doing is different.

They're not really zero man. Brokers have a number of tricks in order to make hidden fees off of your orders- for example, selling them to HFTs that then 'front run' your order (which can be illegal under some circumstances). So you're just paying more in the bid/ask spread, that's how they make their commissions these days. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...controversial-bargain-with-high-speed-traders

Any decent index fund contains hundreds of individual equities, not just 20. There are all kinds of issues with ETFs (they're partly made up of derivatives and so only suitable for very short-term trading- within a week they start to diverge far from the actual equity in question).

You. Can't. Beat. The. Market. Dude. Yes what they're doing is different all right lol. They're losing money while I'm making money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back