Economy Stock Market chat. Discuss everything from Musk to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
@brackis1 you involved in this? These anti-Tesla guys can be funny.

Anonymous Tesla short sellers who fly over its parking lots taking pictures of cars have a new web site
  • Tesla short sellers have been gathering and sharing research, including aerial photography, about the automaker's activities on social media platforms, especially Twitter, for months.
  • Today a group of the Tesla bears launched a website, Tslaq.org, to share contributors' photos, videos and theories under a creative commons license.
A group of Tesla short sellers launched a site Friday called Tslaq.orgto showcase their crowdsourced research tracking the car maker's activities.

Tslaq.org includes aerial photography from the Shorty Air Force, a group of pseudonymous researchers who fly over the company's parking lots and delivery centers to count Tesla's inventory cars.

Other photos on the site come from a group calling themselves the Shorty Ground Force, which takes photos from publicly accessible points near Tesla factories or facilities using smartphone cameras or hobbyist drones.

Some contributors tally up the cars that they can count in the images. Others provide theories about what's observable in the photos when considered along with Tesla's own claims and disclosures.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/01/tes...pictures-of-parking-lots-launch-web-site.html
lol nope, that shit is generally stupid and requires shitty inference rather than simply realizing Musk lies his ass off in plain site.

Weed is a bubble

original_152446182.png
CRON up another 1.5 this morning

almost doubled my money on msft calls. only $200 but I will take it for a few seconds work.

Looking to get 1.70 for some 105.00 MSFT Calls this week. My shares are currently not covered

Bought more MNK at 21.90 and 21.95. Gonna do the same thing this week as last and sell the weekly accumulation of shares bought throughout the week(on dips) on Friday

Can't be, still made money. I have heard for awhile that it's a bubble that's gonna pop any day now...but when...

As they say, nobody rings a bell at the top or bottom. You rarely sell at the top or buy at the bottom. People are getting greedy here. Greed is actually bad in the market imo and business in general.

Tesla to buy energy tech company Maxwell Technologies for about $218 million
  • Tesla is acquiring Maxwell Technologies, which makes ultracapacitors, which store and deliver energy.
  • Tesla CEO Elon Musk has said ultracapacitors could be a better bet for an electric tech breakthrough.
  • The all-stock deal would value Maxwell at about $218 million, a 55 percent premium over its market value Friday.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/04/tesla-to-but-maxwell-technologies-for-4point75-a-share.html

Looking to get 1.70 for some 105.00 MSFT Calls this week. My shares are currently not covered

Bought more MNK at 21.90 and 21.95. Gonna do the same thing this week as last and sell the weekly accumulation of shares bought throughout the week(on dips) on Friday
This option stuff is still confusing. I bought a put on IP last week, been profiting, still a bit confused on the rate of pnl. The rate of return and losses are much more manageable. I'm assuming to make big bucks doing this, you need multiple contracts?

Futures can be a bit terrifying, it moves so fast.

Edit: what broker are you using for various types of trades?

This option stuff is still confusing. I bought a put on IP last week, been profiting, still a bit confused on the rate of pnl. The rate of return and losses are much more manageable. I'm assuming to make big bucks doing this, you need multiple contracts?

Futures can be a bit terrifying, it moves so fast.

Edit: what broker are you using for various types of trades?

I use fidelity.

And at the moment I only sell covered calls. I try to bring in at least a grand a week

I use fidelity.

And at the moment I only sell covered calls. I try to bring in at least a grand a week
I did a Sell CME 540/545 C
I dont get why I lost money when the price went down? Thought I should have been able to kept the premium?

I did a Sell CME 540/545 C
I dont get why I lost money when the price went down? Thought I should have been able to kept the premium?

Is it because in your account they are using the ASK as the price of the Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back