Economy Stock Market chat. Discuss everything from Musk to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't investing in any US stocks because those cocksuckers tax my dividends.

@JonesBones, you got any canadian picks? I just put another $40k in my account I can play with.

I ain't investing in any US stocks because those cocksuckers tax my dividends.

@JonesBones, you got any canadian picks? I just put another $40k in my account I can play with.

do you mean stocks of companies based in Canada or stocks on Canadian exchanges? I actually can't buy stocks on Canadian exchanges on Robinhood but most are listed in the US too. If you care about dividends, you could look into the Canadian banks and railroads. I think Canada has the safest banking system in the world.

Trying to think of other Canadian companies. Lululemon

Edit: actually the railroads have small dividends.

Last edited:
I did a Sell CME 540/545 C
I dont get why I lost money when the price went down? Thought I should have been able to kept the premium?

This may not apply to your case but implied volatility is the most important number in options imo. Implied volatility causes option prices to rise and iv crushes makes them fall, regardless of the underlying instrument. You could pick a stock in the right direction but lose because of implied volatility swing.

do you mean stocks of companies based in Canada or stocks on Canadian exchanges? I actually can't buy stocks on Canadian exchanges on Robinhood but most are listed in the US too. If you care about dividends, you could look into the Canadian banks and railroads. I think Canada has the safest banking system in the world.

Lol this for some reason pop up on my YouTube recommendations. But just like you I believe CamadiCa banks tend to be safer than Americans.

Canadian banks have great dividends.

This may not apply to your case but implied volatility is the most important number in options imo. Implied volatility causes option prices to rise and iv crushes makes them fall, regardless of the underlying instrument. You could pick a stock in the right direction but lose because of implied volatility swing.
right, I had IV @ 40% and IV percentile 70% and HV percentile 20%. I was under the assumption that only IV percentile mattered. Not sure what happened, but the trade got murdered pretty badly, and it went sideways or somewhat my direction. Confused as heck.

The trade desk will be 200 on earnings

Thank me on feb 28

CRON up another 1.5 this morning
This shit is so absurd.
It's nothing more than a game of chicken right now on who is going to eject first and who has the balls to short. I'm sitting on the sidelines.

I crushed it shorting some random tech hardware stocks today :)

Killing it. MNK up again. Just sad it didn't drop early to buy even more. Maybe tomorrow. BHC up. Got my MSFT calls off.

Lol this for some reason pop up on my YouTube recommendations. But just like you I believe CamadiCa banks tend to be safer than Americans.

Elon Musk used to work at Bank of Nova Scotia. I owned that stock. There is a housing bubble in Canada I guess. Didn't really think of that. And drying up of chinese money in general. I know Toronto Dominion has most exposure to US than any Canadian bank.

Last edited:
Boeing upgraded

chart.ashx

This shit is so absurd.
It's nothing more than a game of chicken right now on who is going to eject first and who has the balls to short. I'm sitting on the sidelines.

I crushed it shorting some random tech hardware stocks today :)
Cronos stock downgraded after rocketing more than 100% in 2019 so far
BY MarketWatch
— 12:15 PM ET 02/05/2019

GMP Securities cuts rating to hold from buy after stock run-up, but says it's still a believer in the Cronos story

Cannabis stocks were mixed on Tuesday, as investors digested a downgrade of Canada's Cronos Group Inc. (CRON) after its strong gains in the year so far.

Cronos shares (CRON.T) fell 2.6% before recovering to trade slightly higher, after GMP Securities lowered its rating to hold from buy and reiterated a stock price target of C$24 ($18) that implies 21% downside from its current trading level.

right, I had IV @ 40% and IV percentile 70% and HV percentile 20%. I was under the assumption that only IV percentile mattered. Not sure what happened, but the trade got murdered pretty badly, and it went sideways or somewhat my direction. Confused as heck.

I don't know what to tell you. I pulled up CME and their volatility has been in the same range since about 1/15

You said:

CME 540/545 C

I don't get it. CME is nowhere near that price.

I don't know what to tell you. I pulled up CME and their volatility has been in the same range since about 1/15

You said:

CME 540/545 C

I don't get it. CME is nowhere near that price.
I could have sworn I sold a vertical spread call, but is it possible, I did the opposite? Looks like I'm still in the trade that I thought I closed out. I figured the spread would act like an OCO order, if I close it, the whole thing closes.

My option code is CMG190301C545, I was looking to collect premium with either no direction or a short bias. I cant even figure out how to pull out my old order on TOS Gotta watch some more tutorials......

I could have sworn I sold a vertical spread call, but is it possible, I did the opposite? Looks like I'm still in the trade that I thought I closed out. I figured the spread would act like an OCO order, if I close it, the whole thing closes.

My option code is CMG190301C545, I was looking to collect premium with either no direction or a short bias. I cant even figure out how to pull out my old order on TOS Gotta watch some more tutorials......

Yes, I was thinking that you have a 66% chance of winning because a stock can do 3 things. Go up, down or sideways. You win if it goes down or sideways.

I never even heard of an option code. I have watched probably days worth of lectures on the subject and still don't have it all figured out. I use TOS for charts but not for trading. I use Robinhood which gives me less info and options so I don't know about TOS. TOS does a lot of the work for you and has a much more complex interface.

Yes, I was thinking that you have a 66% chance of winning because a stock can do 3 things. Go up, down or sideways. You win if it goes down or sideways.

I never even heard of an option code. I have watched probably days worth of lectures on the subject and still don't have it all figured out. I use TOS for charts but not for trading. I use Robinhood which gives me less info and options so I don't know about TOS. TOS does a lot of the work for you and has a much more complex interface.
yes, a minor tidbit, is that every options trade has a symbol. With old software like tradestation 9, you have to copy and paste the symbol to create an OCO order, really old style software, but how I was taught.

I just cant figure out my original order whether it's a sell or buy call lmao

Bought 300 MNK 22.23. 400 22.15. Sold 23.00 calls for .40. Up to 2700 shares for the week. Hopefully get another pullback as the plan was to have 4000 shares by Thursday. Guess I should have bought more on today's dip

Sold my GOOG for a healthy 1 day profit . Then unloaded the last of my AMZN.

holding MNK, BHC, COST & MSFT. COST & MSFT are completely covered. COST at 212.50 and MSFT at 105.00. About a third of my MNK covered at 23.00

Cronos stock downgraded after rocketing more than 100% in 2019 so far
BY MarketWatch
— 12:15 PM ET 02/05/2019

GMP Securities cuts rating to hold from buy after stock run-up, but says it's still a believer in the Cronos story

Cannabis stocks were mixed on Tuesday, as investors digested a downgrade of Canada's Cronos Group Inc. (CRON) after its strong gains in the year so far.

Cronos shares (CRON.T) fell 2.6% before recovering to trade slightly higher, after GMP Securities lowered its rating to hold from buy and reiterated a stock price target of C$24 ($18) that implies 21% downside from its current trading level.
Welp, there we go lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back