Economy Stock Market chat. Discuss everything from Musk to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the world is running out of sand. How do we profit from this? I mentioned this years ago and people laughed at me. Sand is everywhere derp. Not the good kind.

China is a big market for gaming and producer obviously and their government is cracking down on it. They limit how much people can play and even banned new games for a while. Gaming is unproductive. I wouldn't be so big on video games.

You know who has a moat and a big winner this year in the market? WWE. Who is gonna take them on? McMahon is a psychopath who will do anything to destroy competition. I don't think I like the idea of him putting money into the XFL again though.

chart.ashx
Just like Nascar right?
You're misreading the domain, which is live sports entertainment. there is no moat around wrestling.
Interestingly it looks like Vince a bunch of stock at the end of November. Seems like a short opportunity.

Just like Nascar right?
You're misreading the domain, which is live sports entertainment. there is no moat around wrestling.
Interestingly it looks like Vince a bunch of stock at the end of November. Seems like a short opportunity.

NASCAR was a flash in the pan. NASCAR wasn't fake. WWE is still big and has been so since I was born. Who is their competition? UFC? How do they not have a moat in professional wrestling? The UFC has a moat too.

If if were that easy.... CEOs sell stock all the time. Means nothing. Buying on the other hand...

They're going to get slaughtered longterm. Their entire operation relies on public faith in Elon Musk I think; seems extra retarded. They think they can do everything better and different, which is ultimate hubris in something as tangible as making cars for people.

No, they aren't. They make good cars that sell. And your obsession with Musk is fuckin creepy. Any input you have on Tesla should be ignored. You are too emotionally invested.

NASCAR was a flash in the pan. WWE is still big and has been so since I was born. Who is their competition?

If if were that easy.... CEOs sell stock all the time. Means nothing. Buying on the other hand...
Nascar was a flash in the pan? lol wut?
the Dayton 500 in 1969 drew over 100,000 fans

Both are white-southerner hobbies in decline

No, they aren't. They make good cars that sell. And your obsession with Musk is fuckin creepy. Any input you have on Tesla should be ignored. You are too emotionally invested.
Dude what in god's fucking name are you talking about?
I shit all over every single person in that Musk thread and showed off how I shorted $70,000 of Tesla stock 12 hrs before they announced layoffs, then described how I covered my short and currently am bought in on it because I believe it will get pumped again. Speaking against Musk right now goes against my position. Do you have no memory? lol

Dude what in god's fucking name are you talking about?
I shit all over every single person in that Musk thread and showed off how I shorted $70,000 of Tesla stock 12 hrs before they announced layoffs, then described how I covered my short and currently am bought in on it. Do you have no memory? lol

To hate and talk about a person so much is a creepy obsession and you cannot be objective. It is really quite pathetic how jealous you are of him. One of Musk's rules is ignore the little guy. You are that little guy trying to bring big people down. You are pathetic.

To hate and talk about a person so much is a creepy obsession and you cannot be objective. It is really quite pathetic how jealous you are of him. One of Musk's rules is ignore the little guy. You are that little guy trying to bring big people down. You are pathetic.
Listen bud, I didn't give a flying fuck about Elon Musk until I noticed the cult of personality around him, which itself is extremely creepy and has led to irrational amount of financial leash given to a guy who oscillates between claiming his company will be profitable and/or funded for years to come and "we almost folded last quarter" and "tough times ahead gotta lay people off".
I'm seriously confused how you don't remember reading and participating in that Musk thread. You yourself said that once it got close to 370 that it was time to sell.

Chiding me for being an emotion loser when I've made enough to buy myself a car off Tesla stock is pretty amusing. Hows that Zucc av treating ya mr. "you're weirdly obsessed with a CEO"?

Last edited:

You sound the same...

Listen bud, I didn't give a flying fuck about Elon Musk until I noticed the cult of personality around him, which itself is extremely creepy and has led to irrational amount of financial leash given to a guy who oscillates between claiming his company will be profitable and/or funded for years to come and "we almost folded last quarter" and "tough times ahead gotta lay people off".
I'm seriously confused how you don't remember reading and participating in that Musk thread. You yourself said that once it got close to 370 that it was time to sell.

Chiding me for being an emotion loser when I've made enough to buy myself a car off Tesla stock is pretty amusing. Hows that Zucc av treating ya mr. "you're weirdly obsessed with a CEO"?

I am not arguing for pages against half a dozen people about Zuckerberg for weeks. Ever. I barely even mention or think about the guy. You are emotionally attacking Musk at every opportunity. How many post have you made about the fucking guy? You are the first post in that Musk thread and the fuckin last post a month later. Get over him.

I am not arguing for pages against half a dozen people about Zuckerberg for weeks. Ever. I barely even mention or think about the guy. You are emotionally attacking Musk at every opportunity. How many post have you made about the fucking guy?
I made a lot of posts to rub it in the face of a bunch of moronic brainwashed losers who called me a moron who was gonna lose money for page after page (cc: McMann, MadMick etc...). It felt great and I'll keep doing it because I find Musk to be an extremely awful person.
Plenty of greedy assholes CEOs out there, but he takes the cake of being terrible while being thought of as great.

I made a lot of posts to rub it in the face of a bunch of moronic brainwashed losers who called me a moron who was gonna lose money for page after page (cc: McMann, MadMick etc...). It felt great and I'll keep doing it because I find Musk to be an extremely awful person.
Plenty of greedy assholes CEOs out there, but he takes the cake of being terrible while being thought of as great.

I am fucking Balance. That is what I bring. I have made threads declaring Tesla dead and the thing a scam. When people start worshiping Musk too much, I bring him down to size. When people start hating him too much, I do the opposite. Your finger is always on one end of the scale. I have to see where the scales are in relation to each other before I make a decision as how to engage.

The highest technique is to have no technique. My technique is a result of your technique; my movement is a result of your movement.

A good JKD man does not oppose force or give way completely. He is pliable as a spring; he is the complement and not the opposition to his opponent’s strength. He has no technique; he makes his opponent's technique his technique. He has no design; he makes opportunity his design.

One should not respond to circumstance with artificial and "wooden" prearrangement. Your action should be like the immediacy of a shadow adapting to its moving object. Your task is simply to complete the other half of the oneness spontaneously.

In combat, spontaneity rules; rote performance of technique perishes.

I am the conductor of the central forward pressure of the universe, I am it. Do you see, you timid, scruple-mongering fool? I am the Universe. I, am your God and your Devil. I call that Force into me completely. . . .

I just started watching Silicon Valley about a month ago. Been binging. I fuckin love this show. Two subjects I am interested in: business and tech. And absolutely fuckin hilarious. Bachman is my favorite. He has good taste. Steve Jobs fan/clone. An asshole like him too. Bill Gates is a fan of the show and said it has a lot of truth to it.

This reminds me of what Jobs and Gates said about each other. Gates said he views tech as an engineering problem. He starts with the tech and works back to the consumer. Jobs starts with the person and works back to the tech. He is more interested in the human element of it. As am I. Many of you guys are really into and knowledgeable about the technology.

Erlich: When I sold my company, Aviato, I wanted to give back. That's why I started this place, to do something big. To make a difference. You know, like Steve.
Richard: Uh, Jobs or Wozniak?
Richard: Steve Jobs or Steve...
Erlich: Oh, I heard you.
Richard: Which one?
Erlich: Jobs.
Richard: I mean, Jobs was a poser. He didn't even write code.
Erlich: You just disappeared up your own asshole.

Last edited:
NASCAR was a flash in the pan. NASCAR wasn't fake. WWE is still big and has been so since I was born. Who is their competition? UFC? How do they not have a moat in professional wrestling? The UFC has a moat too.

All Elite Wrestling (AEW). Funded by Shahid Khan.

I am fucking Balance. That is what I bring. I have made threads declaring Tesla dead and the thing a scam. When people start worshiping Musk too much, I bring him down to size. When people start hating him too much, I do the opposite. Your finger is always on one end of the scale. I have to see where the scales are in relation to each other before I make a decision as how to engage.

The highest technique is to have no technique. My technique is a result of your technique; my movement is a result of your movement.

A good JKD man does not oppose force or give way completely. He is pliable as a spring; he is the complement and not the opposition to his opponent’s strength. He has no technique; he makes his opponent's technique his technique. He has no design; he makes opportunity his design.

One should not respond to circumstance with artificial and "wooden" prearrangement. Your action should be like the immediacy of a shadow adapting to its moving object. Your task is simply to complete the other half of the oneness spontaneously.

In combat, spontaneity rules; rote performance of technique perishes.

I am the conductor of the central forward pressure of the universe, I am it. Do you see, you timid, scruple-mongering fool? I am the Universe. I, am your God and your Devil. I call that Force into me completely. . . .

I just started watching Silicon Valley about a month ago. Been binging. I fuckin love this show. Two subjects I am interested in: business and tech. And absolutely fuckin hilarious. Bachman is my favorite. He has good taste. Steve Jobs fan/clone. An asshole like him too. Bill Gates is a fan of the show and said it has a lot of truth to it.

This reminds me of what Jobs and Gates said about each other. Gates said he views tech as an engineering problem. He starts with the tech and works back to the consumer. Jobs starts with the person and works back to the tech. He is more interested in the human element of it. As am I. Many of you guys are really into and knowledgeable about the technology.

Erlich: When I sold my company, Aviato, I wanted to give back. That's why I started this place, to do something big. To make a difference. You know, like Steve.
Richard: Uh, Jobs or Wozniak?
Richard: Steve Jobs or Steve...
Erlich: Oh, I heard you.
Richard: Which one?
Erlich: Jobs.
Richard: I mean, Jobs was a poser. He didn't even write code.
Erlich: You just disappeared up your own asshole.

You seem to think a lot of yourself

Ok, let's forget yesterday happened. We got earnings season coming up, boys. Jan 30 is a particularly big day. Microsoft, Facebook, McDonalds.... I am gonna accumulate a few of these and dump most before earnings. Because betting on earnings is pure gambling.

I bought 6 AAPL in my wife's Roth on 1/7. I have no "must have!" standing out to me for my next purchase. In her Roth I definitely should add more CLX, ADP, and TGT to make it a bit more balanced, but I'm not so sure.

I'm not a trader. Long term buys, generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back