Economy Stock Market chat. Discuss everything from Musk to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
chart.ashx

I am pleased with my STNE too today.
Jumped out and back in on TSLA today for a nice little gain.
Got fucked bigtime doing a favor for a relative this morning and got stuck in traffic and cashed my PGE stock because they made me run late and I couldn't read the news or be at my desk for the open. Cost me 100 times over in gains what it would have for them to have ubered to the fucking airport but they have a baby so I had to be a good relative -_-

Elon Musk wants to keep ex-girlfriend Grimes out of an investor lawsuit over his take-private tweet

• A group of investors is suing Tesla and Musk related to the now-infamous take-private tweet.
  • Canadian musician Grimes was dating Musk in August when he tweeted that he was considering taking Tesla private at $420 per share.
  • The plaintiffs are also proposing subpoenas of rapper Azealia Banks, who alleged in Instagram posts that Musk was using drugs at the time, and various media outlets.
Elon Musk is fighting to keep his ex-girlfriend from being dragged into an investor lawsuit over the Tesla CEO’s now infamous take-private tweet.

Musk’s attorney, Dean Kristy, argued in a motion filed Thursday in a U.S. district court that the proposed subpoena of Canadian musician Grimes, who was dating Musk in August when he tweeted that he was considering taking Tesla private at $420 per share, is an effort to “sensationalize these proceedings” rather than a legitimate fact-finding mission.

A group of investors is suing Tesla and Musk related to the tweet. The plaintiffs are also proposing subpoenas of rapper Azealia Banks, who alleged in Instagram posts that Musk was using drugs at the time, and various media outlets that interviewed Banks or Musk, like Business Insider and The New York Times.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/elo...-a-lawsuit-over-tesla-take-private-tweet.html

that story is 3 weeks old^^^

I'm in on some Fnko too and trying to decide if a market crash will take it deep down toward 12 again or if it can endure, as I feel a positive bit of news is possible from the company.

that story is 3 weeks old^^^

I'm in on some Fnko too and trying to decide if a market crash will take it deep down toward 12 again or if it can endure, as I feel a positive bit of news is possible from the company.

I buy funko when it goes below $15. It could drop to 11 or 12 but will be over 20 eventually again. Then $30. Maybe a ten bagger but most likely not.

Any of you on Stock Twits. It is Twitter for stocks. Bunch of shit talking and stupidity. Especially the Tesla feed. This one anti Tesla guy was arguing with a pro Tesla guy of Indian descent and the anti Tesla guy is rubbing it in his face saying, "My house costs more than you could make in 20 lifetimes since you idiots believe in that shit." lol

I like to go into chats of stocks that are crashing and laugh at them. Especially crypto people.

Bought 300 shares of COST today on the dip. Will look to sell calls( jan 25th expire) on maybe a 1.50/2.00 pop tomorrow

Bought 300 shares of COST today on the dip. Will look to sell calls( jan 25th expire) on maybe a 1.50/2.00 pop tomorrow

Sounds good. You guys are throwing around some serious money. That's bigger than my entire portfolio. I have about 10k. Just started a year ago.

Bought ALB and LTHM at the bottom today hoping for a lithium rebound, particularly with regard to mines in Chile.

I want to get in on Costco but above 200 it's still too fat to hold itself up if/when the market goes back to 23,000 before we spring back on a trade deal.
trump has a guy stumping hard on CNBC right now trying to kill as much of today's trade-meeting-cancellation news as possible.

Sounds good. You guys are throwing around some serious money. That's bigger than my entire portfolio. I have about 10k. Just started a year ago.

I'm 45. Started investing right out of HS.

I'm 45. Started investing right out of HS.

god damn. it is so important. I am telling like all my friends and family who have kids to at least buy them a few stocks. I wish somebody would have told me about stocks at 18. I used to hate everything related to finance.

SÃO PAULO, Brazil, Jan. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- StoneCo Ltd. (STNE) (“Stone” or the “Company”), a leading provider of financial technology solutions that empower merchants to conduct commerce seamlessly across multiple channels and help them grow their business over time through technology, today releases preliminary operational metrics for the fourth quarter of 2018, announces its participation in upcoming investor conferences and provides details for the Company’s fourth quarter and fiscal year 2018 earnings results.

• Take rate1 in the fourth quarter of 2018 was 1.88%, a 30 basis point increase versus the fourth quarter of 2017 and a basis point increase versus the third quarter of 2018.

• As of December 31, 2018 the Company had 267.9 thousand active clients, up 104.1% from 131.2 thousand on December 31, 2017. The net addition of active clients in the fourth quarter was 33.5 thousand, an improvement in net addition per sales force working day2 compared to the third quarter of 2018.

• Total Payment Volume (TPV) was R$26.6 billion in the fourth quarter of 2018, an increase of 73.8% from R$15.3 billion in the fourth quarter of 2017.
“We are pleased to report strong fourth quarter 2018 operating metrics,” said Thiago Piau, chief executive officer of Stone. “We believe our company is very well positioned to continue to help our clients grow and improve their businesses, by providing them a superior value proposition and the best customer experience. We remain committed to the execution of our growth strategies, which are based on: high-quality products; the best client service in Brazil; proprietary distribution channels; building of an entrepreneurial and decentralized business culture, with leaders that really think about the long term.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stone-releases-preliminary-fourth-quarter-090000960.html

Any of you on Stock Twits. It is Twitter for stocks. Bunch of shit talking and stupidity. Especially the Tesla feed. This one anti Tesla guy was arguing with a pro Tesla guy of Indian descent and the anti Tesla guy is rubbing it in his face saying, "My house costs more than you could make in 20 lifetimes since you idiots believe in that shit." lol

I like to go into chats of stocks that are crashing and laugh at them. Especially crypto people.
Are there any free stock chats that are worthwhile? I'd like to find some for futures and options.

Are there any free stock chats that are worthwhile? I'd like to find some for futures and options.

Most of what I have seen on Discord and Reddit is pretty juvenile and short term thinking. Reddit Investing is more grown up. r/investing. r/wallstreetbets is hilarious though. everyone throwing hail marys. Do you want to learn or something? I could suggest some videos or sites. Options Alpha is free and really breaks down options trading from top to bottom. dozens of videos. Tasty Trade and Dough too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back