Economy Stock Market chat. Discuss everything from Musk to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed Goodyear is a big loser.

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. (GT - Get Report) filed an 8-K report with the Securities and Exchange Commission Tuesday informing investors that it experienced weakness in its tire unit volume in the fourth quarter and that it was lowering its full-year net operating income expectations as a result.

The news sent the stock tumbling 11.2% to $20.80 on Tuesday. The stock is on pace for its worst single day decline since 2011.

Goodyear said that the operating earnings environment in China and India continued to decline, leading to the reduced outlook. Additionally, the company said that declines in the winter tire market in Europe and supply constraints on volume for "high-value-added consumer and commercial truck tires" in the U.S. also weighed on the quarter.

i did something similar. lol. i had dinner with my parents over the weekend and they had a box from blue apron. I thought it was dead. Which it is still I think. But it also made me think about buying the stock again. lol. i should have

Sirius XM is cheap. Nokia is also cheap but I'm gonna wait for that to drop more. They make decent phones.
Yeah I read that their "profitability" announcement that caused the spike today was some sketchy accounting trick too.
Their metrics are plummeting, the idea was a fad, and competitors exist.

I noticed Goodyear is a big loser.

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. (GT - Get Report) filed an 8-K report with the Securities and Exchange Commission Tuesday informing investors that it experienced weakness in its tire unit volume in the fourth quarter and that it was lowering its full-year net operating income expectations as a result.

The news sent the stock tumbling 11.2% to $20.80 on Tuesday. The stock is on pace for its worst single day decline since 2011.

Goodyear said that the operating earnings environment in China and India continued to decline, leading to the reduced outlook. Additionally, the company said that declines in the winter tire market in Europe and supply constraints on volume for "high-value-added consumer and commercial truck tires" in the U.S. also weighed on the quarter.
Interesting, especially since Cooper Tires blew their earnings out of the water in the fall.

Yeah I read that their "profitability" announcement that caused the spike today was some sketchy accounting trick too.
Their metrics are plummeting, the idea was a fad, and competitors exist.

That's the thing with those dead stocks. The cigar or cigarette metaphor. There is still one drag left on the thing. lol. Up 45% for christ's sake. That is a nice drag. But who has the balls to pump that much money into Blue Apron and pray?

Maybe you should open a small position in Macy's. I don't think it can get any worse. Famous last words I know. I'm waiting for a drag off it.

Last edited:
Macy's down another 3% today. Down almost 7% now on over a thousand dollar investment. Meh,. I expected the opposite to happen. Make a hundred bucks or so in a few days.

Last edited:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jack-bogle-vanguard-funds-dead-89-224732305.html
Jack Bogle, Vanguard founder and father of the index fund, has died. He was 89.

Jack Bogle from Vanguard died.
bogle.jpg

Why is Apple climbing back up? Is the iPhone the next Sony Walkman or not? Is the XR selling like dog shit or is everyone buying the more expensive model?

Why is Apple climbing back up? Is the iPhone the next Sony Walkman or not? Is the XR selling like dog shit or is everyone buying the more expensive model?

Probably people feeling it's a buy . Looking long term, Apple not going anywhere.

Probably people feeling it's a buy . Looking long term, Apple not going anywhere.
What if a significant portion of their iPhone sales comes from exisiting iPhone users and what if they decide to just replace batteries instead of upgrading every so often? What if current management have their heads far up their asses and focus on lame fancy shit and nothing else comes from them that drives buyers bananas enough to run out and buy?

I fucked up on one of the penny stocks i have been playing with. PEMIF. Something about it tilted me so I sold about 2/3rd of my shares when it went from around .03 to .41 and then .07. It peaked at about .128 or something. Bought a lot of my shares at around .05, so it wasnt all that bad.

Cobalt related stuff has been going pretty crazy so far this year. Got some KATFF at .38 in December was as high as .57 right after Congo election. As long as DRC doesnt descend into chaos consensus is that it should do pretty well over the next couple years.

I admit im a total newb.

Last edited:
I fucked up on one of the penny stocks i have been playing with. PEMIF. Something about it tilted me so I sold about 2/3rd of my shares when it went from around .03 to .41 and then .07. It peaked at about .128 or something. Bought a lot of my shares at around .05, so it wasnt all that bad.

Cobalt related stuff has been going pretty crazy so far this year. Got some KATFF at .38 in December was as high as .57 right after Congo election. As long as DRC doesnt descend into chaos consensus is that it should do pretty well over the next couple years.

I admit im a total newb.

The only pennies I trade now are gold mining stocks. AKG

Cocoa had a good run last year. Something about weather in Africa. You can learn a lot about the world by trading.

chart.ashx

@brackis1 we both need to try this. getting cut catching all these falling knives.

MY PGE DID GREAT TODAY ACTUALLY! haha.
Crushed it shorting some random industrial stocks after hours.
Preparing for another 1500 points down before we stabilize

MY PGE DID GREAT TODAY ACTUALLY! haha.
Crushed it shorting some random industrial stocks after hours.
Preparing for another 1500 points down before we stabilize

Ya I noticed PGE was up and was surprised.Netflix earnings tomorrow. Could set the tone of the market for a while.

This channel I subscribe to just released this.Cracker Barrel. Never been in one but they are successful. Their stock is too. I like learning about companies.

The only pennies I trade now are gold mining stocks. AKG...u can learn a lot about the world by trading.

Very true. Before i looked into cobalt i didnt know a damn thing about DRC politics.

Was pretty surprised how little he was worth at his time of death. I wish more on Wall Street were like him

I've heard Buffett say in the past that nobody has done more for the common/retail investor than Bogle. He did his thesis on index funds. Unheard of at the time. They called it Bogle's Folly. They were obviously wrong. It is still the best advice all things considered. S and P 500 index fund with low expense ratio. Just buy those through thick and thin and shut up. You will be good when you retire. People don't think it is that simple but these index funds are as good or better than a financial adviser who will charge you a lot. I'm not saying it is all you should own but as far as stocks go it is fine.

I'm surprised how little Peter Lynch is worth. Not even a billionaire or very close

Ya I noticed PGE was up and was surprised.Netflix earnings tomorrow. Could set the tone of the market for a while.

This channel I subscribe to just released this.Cracker Barrel. Never been in one but they are successful. Their stock is too. I like learning about companies.

I've heard Buffett say in the past that nobody has done more for the common/retail investor than Bogle. He did his thesis on index funds. Unheard of at the time. They called it Bogle's Folly. They were obviously wrong. It is still the best advice all things considered. S and P 500 index fund with low expense ratio. Just buy those through thick and thin and shut up. You will be good when you retire. People don't think it is that simple but these index funds are as good or better than a financial adviser who will charge you a lot. I'm not saying it is all you should own but as far as stocks go it is fine.

I'm surprised how little Peter Lynch is worth. Not even a billionaire or very close
Bogle was only worth 80 mil.
A staggeringly small sum
Goes to show you how much the rest of the upperclass is manipulative hoarders.

Thinking of getting some Syrah Resources if it dips the next couple days. Was on my watch list, but somehow ignored the last few days. they can increase the global supply of graphite by about 50 percent within the next year or two, which might be necessary if EV production ramps up as quick as I think it will.

Up almost 50 percent since December, so i would kind of feel like an ass for buying right now. Ill take a small chance if it drops 10-15 percent in the next few days and avg down if it gets near its low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back