Stipe was beating DC everywhere untill the blatant eyepoke

strong hypocrisy in back to back posts lol
That DC is not in his prime at age 40 isn't an excuse, it's just a statement of fact. To deny it is ridiculous. You're not an unreasonable guy, I'm sure you realise that this is the case.
Whether the eyepoke changed the outcome is a matter of opinion.

That DC is not in his prime at age 40 isn't an excuse, it's just a statement of fact. To deny it is ridiculous. You're not an unreasonable guy, I'm sure you realise that this is the case.
Whether the eyepoke changed the outcome is a matter of opinion.
lollll

okay so... since DC is past his prime, it makes him look better for winning but would make him look not as bad in the event that he loses? wheres the integrity?!

and no, a serious eyepoke always changes a fight. you shouldnt understate their significance, and im someone who doesnt even speak about the eyepokes in the cormier fight.

He was outwrestling dc while the fight lasted, looked stronger. Dc looked like he was scared or uncomfortable with stipes striking but stipe wasn't actually landing anything and once dc found his range and timing he was landing the better punches. Stipe just looked too slow

It never caught DC's eyes which is why he wasn't poked, probably because it wasn't meant to be an eye poke in the first place. Irrelevant.

What DC did was literally a move you'd see in those old Kung Fu movies. The most blatant eyepoke of all time. It clearly damaged Stipe's vision badly and that's why he got caught like that like a deer in headlights, there was no way he could see that shot coming. Almost at page 3 and no DC fanboy has adressed his Kung Fu moves yet, something they couldn't stop mentioning when it came to Jon Jones beating their man.
Clean your glasses dude, that was a clear eyepoke.

lollll

okay so... since DC is past his prime, it makes him look better for winning but would make him look not as bad in the event that he loses? wheres the integrity?!

and no, a serious eyepoke always changes a fight. you shouldnt understate their significance, and im someone who doesnt even speak about the eyepokes in the cormier fight.
How it makes him look in the event of winning or losing doesn't change that he's simply past his prime. It's just the reality of the situation, not a way of deflecting blame. He's literally fighting past his targeted retirement date.

I personally attribute it to a poor gameplan from Stipe and a vulnerability that DC and his team identified. If you don't even speak about the eyepoke that means you don't think it changed the outcome, correct?

The reality is, the eyepoke changed the match.

DC fans shit their pants when JJ does it, but when DC does it they act like it’s no big deal.
This.

DC might still win, but we will never know without a rematch that remains eyepoke free.

How it makes him look in the event of winning or losing doesn't change that he's simply past his prime. It's just the reality of the situation, not a way of deflecting blame. He's literally fighting past his targeted retirement date.

I personally attribute it to a poor gameplan from Stipe and a vulnerability that DC and his team identified. If you don't even speak about the eyepoke that means you don't think it changed the outcome, correct?
i rarely have a 'side' in any fight but i do in this one. in this case, since my guy is the one who got poked and lost, id rather not bring it up. like you said, i see it as a matter of integrity.

i also agree stipe's gameplan, or more likely his failure to follow his gameplan, was his undoing in the fight.

LOL. Stipes face looked like it had been run over with a spiky tire after only a few minutes.

i rarely have a 'side' in any fight but i do in this one. in this case, since my guy is the one who got poked and lost, id rather not bring it up. like you said, i see it as a matter of integrity.

i also agree stipe's gameplan, or more likely his failure to follow his gameplan, was his undoing in the fight.
I assume you have Stipe in the rematch, how do you see the fight going?

LOL. Stipes face looked like it had been run over with a spiky tire after only a few minutes.
Plenty of fighters get marked up easy, Ponzinibbio looked like he had the ever loving shit kicked out of him in his fight against Perry that Ponzin won.

Stipe wasnt landing clean and DC was closing distance landing with harder shots.

Stipe got time to recover.

stipe got knocked down like he always does

stipe got knocked out

stipe lost

He was outwrestling dc while the fight lasted, looked stronger. Dc looked like he was scared or uncomfortable with stipes striking but stipe wasn't actually landing anything and once dc found his range and timing he was landing the better punches. Stipe just looked too slow

looked stronger??? are you out your damn mind????

The reality is, the eyepoke changed the match.

DC fans shit their pants when JJ does it, but when DC does it they act like it’s no big deal.

jon jones never eye pokes!

perfect, hard, sneaky clinch punch of dooooom

Plenty of fighters get marked up easy, Ponzinibbio looked like he had the ever loving shit kicked out of him in his fight against Perry that Ponzin won.
That can happen true, but Stipes head was straight up in the air as usual like the part time fighter that he is. Cormier is one of the very very very few HW's that actually have any talent and skill, so I expect he will dust Stipe again without much issue.

This is like when people say Arlovski was beating Fedor until he got knocked out... It ended in the first round idiots. There isn't enough data to make that claim. It's not a Sonnen/Silva situation.

Eyepoke? Loo Rumble kod two guys immediately after they eyepoked him. Stipe got eyepoked a couple times now his fans are claiming it's what changed the fight against him lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back