Stipe was beating DC everywhere untill the blatant eyepoke

Yeah and he's fat.

<36>
<DC-Champ><DC-Champ>

If I were from Stipe's team, I would tell the judges to watch out for Cormier's gloves... Something really fishy happened last fight, looking for some bricks there is very good. Looking at Stipe's face before the KO makes me think Cormier was never too strong to hit like that. I don't know, something was REAAAALLY fishy tbh.

looked stronger??? are you out your damn mind????

Yes child, Stipe controlled every grappling exchange and got the better of it, he was clearly bigger and stronger, muscled DC around and even took him down. Pretty impressive to do that to an olympian, shows you how good Stipe is.

GiganticDrearyButterfly-size_restricted.gif

I know, old topic. But relevant again because DC fanboys still think he dominated that fight. The truth is he was getting outgrappled even in his sweet spot, the clinch, and his only success was the inside uppercut and some low kicks. He wasn't getting dominated himself but Stipe was outlanding and outscoring him. Untill DC decided to literally flick his fingers into Stipe's eye(no attempt was made to close his fist and it wasn't even a punch, DC damn sure knows what a proper punching motion is). Then and only then is when he was doing better and landed that sneaky right hand inside which Stipe couldn't spot with his blurry vision.

So I understand perfectly why Stipe felt so entitled to a rematch, a fight he was winning and got cheated out of and he knows it. He will run it back and beat him this time, he just needs to make sure DC is penalized for his dirty tactics for once(pokes, towels etc.)

908149718.jpg.0.jpg
Wrong. He was aggressive coming forward throwing a lot of strikes. Then he got kit for. Sorry but it will probably happen again.

If I were from Stipe's team, I would tell the judges to watch out for Cormier's gloves... Something really fishy happened last fight, looking for some bricks there is very good. Looking at Stipe's face before the KO makes me think Cormier was never too strong to hit like that. I don't know, something was REAAAALLY fishy tbh.

Yeah real fishy, first time in years he didn't have to kill himself to make LHW. Cormier was knocking out a bunch of his sparring partners in camp. Stipe fought a terrible fight, way too overconfident.

DC was closing the distance and starting the land before the eye poke. However he was still losing the round. It’s going to be a fascinating rematch. Stipe In order to win really needs to keep distance better. He obviously does not want to spend a lot of time in that clinch with DC again. I have no doubt he will train harder than he ever has, and come in more focused than he ever has been for this rematch. I’m excited.
DC had no issues closing the distance on Jon and landing. People who are newer fans haven’t seen how good DCs boxing really is. DC hasn’t eyepoked his entire career, I doubt he started doing it against Stipe on purpose. He would try to keep his hands stretched to grab for the clinch but ended up poking stipe. Look at the finish, he did the same open hand to get into the clinch and ended up dropping stipe off the break.

ObviousGrotesqueGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

That had nothing to do with getting poked in the eye. It was a short elbow that no one could've seen coming.

The exact point the gif starts, DC pokes the same eye for like the 3rd time in a row, then he lands that shot on that spot. You're not doing yourself any favors posting this kind of gif.

Plus you missed the poke in the very gif you posted and it was a punch, not an elbow. Did DC poke you in the eye too, son?

DC had no issues closing the distance on Jon and landing. People who are newer fans haven’t seen how good DCs boxing really is. DC hasn’t eyepoked his entire career, I doubt he started doing it against Stipe on purpose. He would try to keep his hands stretched to grab for the clinch but ended up poking stipe. Look at the finish, he did the same open hand to get into the clinch and ended up dropping stipe off the break.

Does this look like DC is trying to get into the clinch here?
giphy.gif

He literally flicked his fingers into Stipe. I've never seen a more blatant eyepoke tbh.

I assume you have Stipe in the rematch, how do you see the fight going?
Well i assume Stipe will be more focused and respectful of cormier and his strengths.

He follows the game plan, stays outside, defends in the clinch when cormier forces them (and leaving the clinch more specifically) and out boxes Cormier... a TKO is only a matter of time. Would be shocked if Cormier would last five rounds of being heavily outboxed by Stipe, very few guys could, if any.

Could get dicey for Stipe late if he gets tired but even I see a decision win as a worst case scenario for him... if he can stay conscious this time, which really shouldn't be that much of a task against cormier.

Yeah, Stipe was absolutely looking better than DC until the eyepoke. Why do you think DC, who is normally "Mr.Company Man Good Guy Athlete" was so against giving a rematch to the guy that just had 5 title defenses and was considered the goat HW? Brock isn't even a good fight. No actual fan wanted to see that bullshit.

DC has good boxing and obviously powerful hands, but he got lucky. I'm pretty sure we're getting a trilogy with this one because I think DC is going to beat in a more convincing fashion than how he ko'd Stipe.

5 defences? What in the fuck are you talking about? And goat hw? Lmao what?

Gross exaggeration, not even close to accurate.

It was a 4.5 minute fight where they traded shots, followed by Stipe getting KTFO'd by a set up punch. Unless it's an absolute beatdown for a 4.5 minute period where the other fighter suddenly lands a lucky blow, making that argument just makes you look like a try-hard MMA noob.

But that's in fidelity to how you usually post, TS.

The reality is, the eyepoke changed the match.

DC fans shit their pants when JJ does it, but when DC does it they act like it’s no big deal.
Just like how Stipe fans react when Stipe attempted to gouge out DC's eye right? No big deal right...

He got KO'd in just a few minutes, didn't make it out of 1 round <Moves>

DC had his fingers out like JJ the entire fight. Was warned multiple times before the eye poke to watch his fingers. Ridiculous! Cheering for him in the rematch though , can't stand listening to Stipe talk anymore

Other than the finishes, I'm utterly shocked at the narrative I've seen from posters about how DC's looked in his 2 HW fights by claims that HW's his best form. Yes, he got finishes over highly ranked HWs, but good god the difference between how he moves, his speed, etc., is complete night and day from how he looked against Volkan earlier that same year. He is clearly a much worse physical fighter, and it's going to catch him soon.

It's a testament to DC's abilities that he's still winning despite looking so much worse. The Stipe KO literally happened because of a game plan perfectly positioning Stipe into a spot DC was expecting the shot while Stipe's tendency would be to not be expecting the shot rather than out-powering, out-speeding, out-agiling, out-physically anything, he out-thought Stipe. The problem is those gameplans aren't going to matter if the speed simply isn't there.

Does this look like DC is trying to get into the clinch here?
giphy.gif

He literally flicked his fingers into Stipe. I've never seen a more blatant eyepoke tbh.

LOL WORST EYE POKE OF ALL TIME.

Worse than any of Jones. 100%.

DC fans are complete hypocrites.

He learned from the true Master of eyepokes: Jon Jones.

Back