Stipe Told to Avoid Cormier Because He Blinded Him or Will If They Fight Again

It baffles me the UFC still haven't done shit to correct this issue. Change the gloves. Done. Might not totally eradicate the problem, but that would be the cheapest ( right in UFC's lane) most concrete way to stop eye pokes.
The UFC probably signed a deal with whoever manufactures their gloves for X amount of years and for all we know the curved glove has a patent that they don't want to pay for.

I could be wrong, but I'm only drawing such wild speculation because I can't think of any other reason for why they haven't changed their gloves.

tbh, Stipe should retire on top. He has nothing left to prove, he beat all-time greats and is the most defending HW champion of all time in the UFC.

Stipe beat a bunch of old men.

That is a fact.

Remind me the fight that Stipe had to get the rematch...

Only 2 fights so far, and the trilogy fight afaik has not been announced, was it? what trilogy fight are you talking about?
Stipe was the longest reigning UFC heavyweight champion. That may be why.
With some former champs getting instant rematches , (Anderson with Weidman, Gsp with Serra?, Chuck and Randy) Stipe would certainly deserve one. Now if you are against instant rematches than DC shouldn't get one and neither should Stipe.
It boils down to money.
I'm not interested in it and would prefer either guy to fight Ngannou first.

Stipe beat a bunch of old men.

That is a fact.
DefensiveUnitedDogwoodclubgall-size_restricted.gif

Man.. Jones signing the HW contract as he is reading this news.

Stipe's weakness them eye-pokes, Struve, DC and the godfather of eye pokes Jones to fallow.

How many people need to be poked in the eyes before the UFC makes gloves that curve a little which makes it much harder to poke someone in the eyes. Pride had this figured out like 20 years ago. A slight curve in the gloves will prevent most eye pokes while also not hampering their ability to grapple.

UFC fighters being fucked by a poor manufacturing license deal.

Is it century? I forget. But they appear to have a pretty sweet deal from way back anyway.

Stipe was the longest reigning UFC heavyweight champion. That may be why.
With some former champs getting instant rematches , (Anderson with Weidman, Gsp with Serra?, Chuck and Randy) Stipe would certainly deserve one. Now if you are against instant rematches than DC shouldn't get one and neither should Stipe.
It boils down to money.
I'm not interested in it and would prefer either guy to fight Ngannou first.
I agree, only pointing out that Stipe didnt fought anyone, he sit and demanded the rematch, Aldo was champion for longer, yet he never got it, trilogy fight was mentioned but the fight is still only an option, i would love either guy to fight Ngannou too.

I love Cormier, but those were blatant and damaging eye pokes vs. Stipe. I would not be looking to sign up for a 3rd fight with Cormier if I were Stipe.

Stipe shouldn't give him the rematch no matter what. Let him retire as a sore loser who cheated for his dear life only to get knocked out again.
Then Stipe will be stripped & Jones vs DC 3 for the vacant belt will happen.

Cormier is a scumbag, loved watching him get KTFO and cry not once but twice.

How many people need to be poked in the eyes before the UFC makes gloves that curve a little which makes it much harder to poke someone in the eyes. Pride had this figured out like 20 years ago. A slight curve in the gloves will prevent most eye pokes while also not hampering their ability to grapple.
thats a must make, also do you think headbutts should be legal? serious question no sarcasm i feel headbutts would be a good edition to mma only 12-6 elbows and knees and soccer kicks to a down opponents head nead to stay illegal (12-6 stay illegal because just like eyepokes can blind you and your elbow fits perfectly in the eyeball it can turn your eye to mush)

As long as you don't lose a point for it I don't see why every fightre doesn't start every match with an eye poke and a groin strike. They really pay off and the first one is free. It might as well be legal to do one per fight.
did you see yair, and jeremy 1?

thats a must make, also do you think headbutts should be legal? serious question no sarcasm i feel headbutts would be a good edition to mma only 12-6 elbows and knees and soccer kicks to a down opponents head nead to stay illegal (12-6 stay illegal because just like eyepokes can blind you and your elbow fits perfectly in the eyeball it can turn your eye to mush)

No, I don't think headbutts should be legal, gives too much of an advantage to wrestlers.

They should've made DC go through Ngannou to get a rematch.
Been preaching this gospel forever. DC is a goat, but shouldn't be exempted from. The process. Francis needs a big fight, DC needs to earn it. Why not make them fight? It'd be fantastic. Imagine the anticipation.

No, I don't think headbutts should be legal, gives too much of an advantage to wrestlers.
You can headbutt just fine off your back. Imagine closed guard, collar ties, headbutts. You think Tony is a bastard now, imagine him with those weapons at his disposal.

Sucks for Stipe... but it's a fight, shit happens in a fight. They each won once and we need a trilogy fight to settle this. Assuming Stipe fully recovers and is cleared to fight obviously, health should come first.
Nah DC needs to learn his lesson. I believe that if he really wants it, he can earn the right for the trilogy. Fight rosenstruik vs Francis winner.

It is absolutely disturbing how nobody has talked about this. Dana, Joe, DC himself. And nobody will press them on it.

Back