Stipe Told to Avoid Cormier Because He Blinded Him or Will If They Fight Again

As long as you don't lose a point for it I don't see why every fightre doesn't start every match with an eye poke and a groin strike. They really pay off and the first one is free. It might as well be legal to do one per fight.

Kind of ironic that after all Cormier's complaints about Jones eye poking (which he does), he ends up committing some of the worst eye pokes in title fight history against Stipe

Even bigger irony is that Jones hasn't done a single eyepoke since the rule changes....

Kind of ironic that after all Cormier's complaints about Jones eye poking (which he does), he ends up committing some of the worst eye pokes in title fight history against Stipe
AND, just to remember, on Jones vs DC 1 Jones only eye poked DC ONCE in the entire fight and it was absolutely unintentional.

"Accuse them of what you are". DC loves to play the victim and pretend to be a good guy, but at the end of the day HE IS the criminal. Always was.

If Stipe really retire it will be a shame for UFC. And DC will need to fight Ngannou to prove a point. But he will not, he will retire and cry in front of cameras instead.

I’m surprised you could even understand him enough to write out a transcript like this. I’m imprezzed.

Why post a picture of a punch in the OP?

They should've made DC go through Ngannou to get a rematch.
Remind me the fight that Stipe had to get the rematch...

I wouldn’t have given Him the trilogy fight if I were Stipe. Fuck that.

Only 2 fights so far, and the trilogy fight afaik has not been announced, was it? what trilogy fight are you talking about?

The picture shown in the post by OP is total bullshit. That is not an eye poke but a fist to the face where the thumb punches you in the eye. Want to avoid that? Don't get punched in the face. Much different than all the other times where DC poked Stipe in the eye. I don't get why OP didn't use a real eye poke picture?

The picture shown in the post by OP is total bullshit. That is not an eye poke but a fist to the face where the thumb punches you in the eye. Want to avoid that? Don't get punched in the face. Much different than all the other times where DC poked Stipe in the eye. I don't get why OP didn't use a real eye poke picture?

That's not a punch. They're plainly handfighting there, and DC's hand is in Stipe's eye.

DC should be pushing to face Jon for his last fight. He'll make a shitload of cash and have the opportunity to finally take him out. He can also fight fire with fire via his new eye poke strategies.

Stipe can fight the winner of Francis-Jairzinho if/when he's healed up.

DC should be pushing to face Jon for his last fight. He'll make a shitload of cash and have the opportunity to finally take him out. He can also fight fire with fire via his new eye poke strategies.

Stipe can fight the winner of Francis-Jairzinho if/when he's healed up.
No point jj is too good

I never believed that Stipe was actually injured considering that whole "surgery" thing came out right after the Yair/Jeremy Eyepoke NC. Meanwhile Stipe is streaming COD nonstop. It's probably some kind of negotiating ploy.

Loled hard at accidental

Eye See What You Did There
57-1.jpg

Daniel Cormier, Ophthalmologist

I've asked Miocic on multiple occasions about possible opponents and scenarios, either in the octagon or in the ring. His response every time, in some shape or form: "I'll fight anyone, any time." On this potential bout - if it ever happens - is one the Eastlake North graduate should take a hard pass. . . . The reason is the health of Miocic, which is also unclear. Miocic reclaimed the heavyweight belt from Cormier last August in Anaheim, Calif., with a rally and dramatic fourth-round knockout. In that title bout, Miocic suffered a poked eye from Cormier, and that’s the reason he's been on the mend. Miocic's eye injury was first reported by ESPN.com.

. . .

A disturbing trend with Cormier when he fights Miocic is emerging. When the two fought for the first time in July 2018 in Las Vegas, Cormier knocked out Miocic late in Round 1. Moments before that KO, Cormier accidentally poked Miocic in the eye. Accidental or not, the poke clearly bothered Miocic. Then in the rematch, another eye poke from Cormier early in the bout clearly bothered Miocic, who took a few steps back and immediately covered his right eye with his right hand. The fight was not stopped and Miocic continued. . . . Stepping in the octagon as an MMA fighter is difficult enough. The potential of another eye injury - intentional or not - courtesy of Cormier doesn't seem worth it. The first eye poke is excusable. The second is a red flag. The third ... no one associated with Miocic wants to imagine that possibility.

https://www.news-herald.com/sports/...cle_7c40370a-36ee-11ea-8054-e3e315016f7d.html
Stipe poked dc just as much buddeh.

Someone like Conor would literally have to get blinded by an eye poke (and maybe even in both eyes) for them to change it, since apparently they still have no intention to.

d7ArXZk.jpg

Yeah, one grip (one you never even go for) can't be done in the PRIDE gloves, that's a sacrifice that should be made plus it didn't stop people like Nogueira from dominating.
It baffles me the UFC still haven't done shit to correct this issue. Change the gloves. Done. Might not totally eradicate the problem, but that would be the cheapest ( right in UFC's lane) most concrete way to stop eye pokes.

How many people need to be poked in the eyes before the UFC makes gloves that curve a little which makes it much harder to poke someone in the eyes. Pride had this figured out like 20 years ago. A slight curve in the gloves will prevent most eye pokes while also not hampering their ability to grapple.
They haven’t changed the gloves because they are imbeciles
This should be a priority

I never believed that Stipe was actually injured considering that whole "surgery" thing came out right after the Yair/Jeremy Eyepoke NC. Meanwhile Stipe is streaming COD nonstop. It's probably some kind of negotiating ploy.

Playing COD isn't going affect a healing retinal tear. I wouldn't take his gaming habits as evidence that it's all a "negotiating ploy".

Back