Stipe Told to Avoid Cormier Because He Blinded Him or Will If They Fight Again

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Eye See What You Did There
57-1.jpg

Daniel Cormier, Ophthalmologist

I've asked Miocic on multiple occasions about possible opponents and scenarios, either in the octagon or in the ring. His response every time, in some shape or form: "I'll fight anyone, any time." On this potential bout - if it ever happens - is one the Eastlake North graduate should take a hard pass. . . . The reason is the health of Miocic, which is also unclear. Miocic reclaimed the heavyweight belt from Cormier last August in Anaheim, Calif., with a rally and dramatic fourth-round knockout. In that title bout, Miocic suffered a poked eye from Cormier, and that’s the reason he's been on the mend. Miocic's eye injury was first reported by ESPN.com.

. . .

A disturbing trend with Cormier when he fights Miocic is emerging. When the two fought for the first time in July 2018 in Las Vegas, Cormier knocked out Miocic late in Round 1. Moments before that KO, Cormier accidentally poked Miocic in the eye. Accidental or not, the poke clearly bothered Miocic. Then in the rematch, another eye poke from Cormier early in the bout clearly bothered Miocic, who took a few steps back and immediately covered his right eye with his right hand. The fight was not stopped and Miocic continued. . . . Stepping in the octagon as an MMA fighter is difficult enough. The potential of another eye injury - intentional or not - courtesy of Cormier doesn't seem worth it. The first eye poke is excusable. The second is a red flag. The third ... no one associated with Miocic wants to imagine that possibility.

https://www.news-herald.com/sports/...cle_7c40370a-36ee-11ea-8054-e3e315016f7d.html

Last edited:
You asked him?
What else y'all talk about?

Cut them both and book Ngannou Jones after Jones head and arms Reyes.

I wouldn’t have given Him the trilogy fight if I were Stipe. Fuck that.

They should've made DC go through Ngannou to get a rematch.

Its 2020, learn the stooges defense and stfu

How many people need to be poked in the eyes before the UFC makes gloves that curve a little which makes it much harder to poke someone in the eyes. Pride had this figured out like 20 years ago. A slight curve in the gloves will prevent most eye pokes while also not hampering their ability to grapple.

I guess DC is going with the ‘If you can’t beat em, join em’ attitude

Stipe shouldn't give him the rematch no matter what. Let him retire as a sore loser who cheated for his dear life only to get knocked out again.

Clearly an accident on DC's part and only incels will deny this.

How many people need to be poked in the eyes before the UFC makes gloves that curve a little which makes it much harder to poke someone in the eyes. Pride had this figured out like 20 years ago. A slight curve in the gloves will prevent most eye pokes while also not hampering their ability to grapple.

Someone like Conor would literally have to get blinded by an eye poke (and maybe even in both eyes) for them to change it, since apparently they still have no intention to.

d7ArXZk.jpg

Yeah, one grip (one you never even go for) can't be done in the PRIDE gloves, that's a sacrifice that should be made plus it didn't stop people like Nogueira from dominating.

tbh, Stipe should retire on top. He has nothing left to prove, he beat all-time greats and is the most defending HW champion of all time in the UFC.

<28>

I wouldn't find with an eye injury either, but makes me respect even more what a warrior Bisping was fighting killers with only one eye and an arthritic knee.

Sucks for Stipe... but it's a fight, shit happens in a fight. They each won once and we need a trilogy fight to settle this. Assuming Stipe fully recovers and is cleared to fight obviously, health should come first.

And UFC says... Nothing about it. It is a shame for the company types like Cormier and they say... Nothing. The best UFC HW of all time possibly being retired because Cormier's criminal eye surgeries and they say... NOTHING.

"Is normal".

Kind of ironic that after all Cormier's complaints about Jones eye poking (which he does), he ends up committing some of the worst eye pokes in title fight history against Stipe

Back