Stipe Told to Avoid Cormier Because He Blinded Him or Will If They Fight Again

You can headbutt just fine off your back. Imagine closed guard, collar ties, headbutts. You think Tony is a bastard now, imagine him with those weapons at his disposal.

lol, no you can't, the mechanics don't work nearly as well trying to headbutt someone from your back as on top. For example if Khabib were allowed to headbutt he could just take Tony down headbutt the shit out of his nose and get a TKO win. That's much harder to do off your back than on top.

lol, no you can't, the mechanics don't work nearly as well trying to headbutt someone from your back as on top. For example if Khabib were allowed to headbutt he could just take Tony down headbutt the shit out of his nose and get a TKO win. That's much harder to do off your back than on top.
Better than punches and elbows. You can elbow from bottom mount even.

With some former champs getting instant rematches , (Anderson with Weidman, Gsp with Serra?, Chuck and Randy) Stipe would certainly deserve one.

I can see the argument for a dominant champ maybe getting an immediate re-match, but that doesn't apply to GSP after Serra. He wasn't a dominant champ at that time and had to fight Koscheck first. Then when Serra couldn't fight against Hughes, GSP took that fight and won the interim belt, unifying against Serra in the fight after that.

Stipe should talk about these eye pokes openly. I think if spoke of his injuries people would understand and there would be no accusations of "ducking" or whatever. I don't know why fighters keep shit like this quiet. If DC has repeatedly poked him in the eyes in their two matches and it's caused him genuine harm, then talk about it.

Better than punches and elbows. You can elbow from bottom mount even.

Try to headbutt someone while they are in your guard, half guard or have you mounted, it is way harder than you seem to think.

I can see the argument for a dominant champ maybe getting an immediate re-match, but that doesn't apply to GSP after Serra. He wasn't a dominant champ at that time and had to fight Koscheck first. Then when Serra couldn't fight against Hughes, GSP took that fight and won the interim belt, unifying against Serra in the fight after that.
That's a fair assessment. GSP wasn't yet what he would become.

How many people need to be poked in the eyes before the UFC makes gloves that curve a little which makes it much harder to poke someone in the eyes. Pride had this figured out like 20 years ago. A slight curve in the gloves will prevent most eye pokes while also not hampering their ability to grapple.
I bought pride gloves at thier first america event. So did like 3 other training partners. Took like a month to get used to the difference but it was much better glove. I imagine the ufc gloves changed since then but our coach was fihgitng in the ufc so we all got to mess around with the in ring gloves and they were garbage.

did you see yair, and jeremy 1?

Yeah, Yair pulled 2 paychecks in a month by eye poking Stephens in a few seconds and waiting for everyone to call for an instant rematch. The 2nd match was probably one of his most heavily promoted matches in his career. It really paid off for him.

Cut them both and book Ngannou Jones after Jones head and arms Reyes.
Oh god please stop. The Big Frank fans are killing me. Frank should just go knockout cans until he gets a gas tank and ground game. Jones isn't going to stand in front of him like most fighters do.

Cormier is one dirty fighter.

Glad Jones took his soul...twice.

I am sorry that facts upset you.

Stipe's competition is laughably old and decrepid.
I was busting balls...

But for real - regardless of age isnt he fighting the best? Hed be fighting younger dudes if they'd beat off all the old guys.

Clearly an accident on DC's part and only incels will deny this.
Accident as in singular? There were multiple ‘accidents.’ To most any observer it was part of the game plan to poke.

Accident as in singular? There were multiple ‘accidents.’ To most any observer it was part of the game plan to poke.
Don't feed the troll. I mean, the real incel. "Call them of what you are", no news.

Last edited:
I guess you stopped watching after the 1st round...

Nah he kept winning in later rounds except till he lost. Judges said so too.

Either way they are 1-1 in fights but Cormier has won most rounds, and at 40 to boot.

20200115_182453.jpg

I totally believe Stipe has health issues but I also think DC will beat him in the trilogy.

Back