Rumored Stipe Miocic to ONE?!

Trade incoming? What young HW does ONE have that the UFC can get out of this?

Dana is going to use him to promote Ngano so it's a good thing.
Imagine what would Dana cry about when Ngano wins the third fight against 41 yrs old Stipe.
"omg he wrecked the HW goat he is the greatest omggg"
Better off at ONE

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Dana doesn't like him and he's not a big draw so I don't see Dana having a problem letting him go at all. Sucks but it's how it is.
I wonder if one could/would just offer a lump sum for him and/or some up and comers. Maybe Christian lee and some cash or thahn lee and Christian or thahn and a bunch more cash.

Who's he gonna fight there - Brandon Vera? Might as well retire at this point.

If I was Dana I'd see if Chatri is willing to do a trade and give him the Lee siblings (the elder two anyway) for Stipe. I'd do that deal if I was Dana.
Terrible deal for ONE. You want them to give up not one but two fighters, who are much younger than Stipe and also current champions in ONE?

I'd watch him there, because beating him is a big deal. It's not that bad of a idea. Unlikely he gets past Frank, while the div has enough competition for Frank. So Stipe could fight different guys. Arjan is a good fighter, but Stipe likely TKO's him. Stipe vs Vera isn't a bad fight, if Vera still has motivation.

Is Stipe a free agent now?

If so, this is standard negotiation tactics, but Dana will probably go ”good luck in that shitty promotion ya goof”

.... How many fights he has left on his UFC contract? Because he have to fight that shit out before going anywhere

If ever a fighter has been made to feel unwelcome, it's him.

I think they'll let him go.

I'd watch him there, because beating him is a big deal. It's not that bad of a idea. Unlikely he gets past Frank, while the div has enough competition for Frank. So Stipe could fight different guys. Arjan is a good fighter, but Stipe likely TKO's him. Stipe vs Vera isn't a bad fight, if Vera still has motivation.

You must hate Vera.

Vera would kick his ass. Then drop down to Light Heavyweight and win that title.

You've seen his last 2 fights right? I like him a lot. But I don't think he lasts long with Stipe
Yea. I don't think he'll be favored by anyone vs Stipe. Could end like Brawldonado, but Vera could also last and mount some offense. If you'd say Stipe fights Vera next week I'd for sure watch it. Vera's not a shitty HW brawler. He's got some skills.

Yea. I don't think he'll be favored by anyone vs Stipe. Could end like Brawldonado, but Vera could also last and mount some offense. If you'd say Stipe fights Vera next week I'd for sure watch it. Vera's not a shitty HW brawler. He's got some skills.

Have you seen his last 2?.. I'm not sh*tting on him. He beat the living sh*t out of 4 guys without wiki pages then lost to the next 2 fighters he faced.... none of them ranked anywhere.

His biggest problem is the talent pool he has available to train with. If he is living in the Philippines he won't have partners that actually teach him. I don't know if he has international fight camps. But it doesn't look like it.

And "favored by anyone?"

I think it would have EVERYONE very concerned. It would be a HHHUUUUUGE step up in talent if they were to fight.

Have you seen his last 2?.. I'm not sh*tting on him. He beat the living sh*t out of 4 guys without wiki pages then lost to the next 2 fighters he faced.... none of them ranked anywhere.

His biggest problem is the talent pool he has available to train with. If he is living in the Philippines he won't have partners that actually teach him. I don't know if he has international fight camps. But it doesn't look like it.

And "favored by anyone?"

I think it would have EVERYONE very concerned. It would be a HHHUUUUUGE step up in talent if they were to fight.

I do admit that it has a mismatch unneeded damage chance. And thanks for the training availability info, as I don't follow Vera closely anymore.

But...I rate his skills a bit higher than most. Perhaps unrealistically. Even after becoming a bust in the UFC, his skills are impressive. So I was very excited as he juiced up and started mauling those wikiless victims in ONE.

Terrible deal for ONE. You want them to give up not one but two fighters, who are much younger than Stipe and also current champions in ONE?

I only said I'd ask lol. Tbh I think they're both kinda outgrowing ONE anyway and part of me wonders if they might try and agitate to leave at some point.

Back