Rumored Stipe Miocic to ONE?!

I'm so down with this. He would get paid and be a perpetual HW champ. Why not? Might attract some better HWs to ONE.

Honestly I would love to see stipe in one. Brings them more legitimacy, there’s opportunity for great winnable fights for stipe as he enters the twilight of his career, gets treated like royalty, gets paid $$ doesn’t have to do any of the ufc press bullshit that he hates. I don’t think he’s beating Francis at this point tbh and I want to see fresh matchups.

I'm so down with this. He would get paid and be a perpetual HW champ. Why not? Might attract some better HWs to ONE.

To be fair, the assumption was that DJ would be a perpetual whatever-weight-he-wanted champion the second he signed with ONE.

To be fair, the assumption was that DJ would be a perpetual whatever-weight-he-wanted champion the second he signed with ONE.
I'm aware, and that was foolish thinking. Asia is full of manlets. Some of the best lighter weight fighters are in Asia. But at MW and up, it's pretty thin these days. Aung La Nsang is the best big guy they have, and he isn't big enough to have a good fight at HW against Stipe. The only guy Stipe really has to fight is old Brandon Vera. Think if Stipe wants money and an easy road to a belt, ONE is a good option.

I'm aware, and that was foolish thinking. Asia is full of manlets. Some of the best lighter weight fighters are in Asia. But at MW and up, it's pretty thin these days. Aung La Nsang is the best big guy they have, and he isn't big enough to have a good fight at HW against Stipe. The only guy Stipe really has to fight is old Brandon Vera. Think if Stipe wants money and an easy road to a belt, ONE is a good option.

Yep, the lighter weight classes are impressive.

ONE have looked to invest in the heavies recently with Malykhin, Bhullar, Aliakbari and Reug Reug, unfortunately Aliakbari lost to an overweight Korean and Reug Reug ran into a Belarusian.

Stipe would beat former champ Vera and then dethrone Bhullar, and I guess he could defend against someone like Aliakbari if they get him on a win streak.

No reason whatsoever for him to stay in the UFC, and there's a few credible match ups in ONE before he retires or loses.

What I will say is I've seen alot of good fighters having tough ass fights in one.

Idk what's going on in one but I think UFC fighters should fight in America where the competition is a little easier.

Yep, the lighter weight classes are impressive.

ONE have looked to invest in the heavies recently with Malykhin, Bhullar, Aliakbari and Reug Reug, unfortunately Aliakbari lost to an overweight Korean and Reug Reug ran into a Belarusian.

Stipe would beat former champ Vera and then dethrone Bhullar, and I guess he could defend against someone like Aliakbari if they get him on a win streak.

No reason whatsoever for him to stay in the UFC, and there's a few credible match ups in ONE before he retires or loses.
I'd been in the joint for a while. I forgot they got Aliakbari. If he keeps training seriously he still could have a few good years left in him. I wasnt exactly aware that they were building up that weight class (finally) but I'm happy to find out they are. Great news!

Bro... there's no USADA in One. Stipe's gonna get creamed. Unless he, you know, does his part.

Isnt Brandon Vera their HW champ?
Or he used to be...
I dont see Brandon in 2021 beating Stipe. But thats just me.

I don’t see easy fights for stipe no matter where he goes. He should go where the money made the most sense.

i hope he gets the fights he wants.. especially Francis part 3 if he confidentially thinks he can beat him at 250 ish lbs like he said.

It seems apparent to me what’s happening is stipe is looking ahead and seeing that a title shot for him could be down the road a long way and this interim bullshit just complicated it even more n he ain’t getting any younger.

it could be 2 years till stipe gets a title shot and or frankis rematch in the ufc n John ducked so what interesting fights within 2 years are there for stipe in the ufc?
Dude accomplished all he had to and is very likely the UFC HW GOAT. Time to make that generational wealth now and provide for the grand kids. Definitely go where the money is. ONE's HW division is a big drop off and will give him so relief. Going from DC and Big Frank to Vera will probably be alot better for his brain too.

The reality is many of these fighters can only make like regular people money outside of fighting, and have to show up to work every day 9-5 generally. Only in fighting can they make near a million bucks for 15 minutes worth of work. Cash in on that equity while there is still time.

Last edited:
Just realized now with the hector Lombard side chick / Woodly drama unfolding, Tyron has an even larger chance of Getting KTFO, he was already at 100% chance of losing...

Back