Stipe Miocic is two fights away from GOAT status in 2021

He fought mostly past prime 40+ y/o fighters

He's not even close to Fedor

Frank didn’t get “neutralized” by Lewis that’s revisionist crap. Both dudes were non active by choice. Neither showed up that night.

Both neutralized each other. Thats why they were "non active"...

They did show up, they didnt want to end tha day KOes, and both lacked tools to get inside the guard of a devastating puncher as themlselves.

Fedor will never be the GOAT because he ducked the UFC when they tried to book the fight with him and Brock in 09. He is also the only fighter in the GOAT conversation that lost three consecutive fights. Irrespective of age , that’s unsatisfactory.

Stipe is definitely the GOAT if he beats Jones, Ngannou, and Blaydes.

He fought mostly past prime 40+ y/o fighters

He's not even close to Fedor

Those 40+ y/o fought and beat young blood to fight Miocic.
Werdum, Overeem, Cormier, Junior, Arlovsi, Hunt...and Ngannou, at the time they fought Stipe, would be trouble for any opponent Fedor has ever beat.

I see a case for Fedor being above Miocic as of now. This thread is about the two very legit threats that are ahead of Miocic in the upcoming year anc that, in case he beat them specially in dominant fashion, he would definitely surpass Fedor, and arguably any other GOAT candidate

So you think success in MMA is due solely to physical status, without any influence from knowledge or experience? That's silly. But I hope at least it prevents you from discrediting Stipe's win against Francis on account that the latter was "too green."
no im just saying he isnt the goat. and far from being the goat. as numerous posters have already pointed out. as the topic of this thread. i discredit no one. but if you are claiming someone to be goat, then you cant be knocked out by stefen struve. steroids jones has a much better resume, as does GSP (hell he got TKO'ed by a lesser gatekeeper but he avenged it ), Fedor, and Khabib. there are numerous people above him if the discussion comes up. if jones does go up to heavyweight as anticipated i hope stipe does knock out jones. id put him above fedor as goat HW. i didnt want to get to deep in this bullshit goat topic, so i just mentioned the struve TKO, to remind everyone. never forget.

Nope. Half of sherdog just told me it's khabib because he has no losses. So . . . . there it is.

How can he reach goat status in 1 year when he fights 1 time per year?

Averages around 8 months between fights as a champion, his next bout is sheduled for February. Injuries and corona who knows

Lol he hasn’t fought and beat anyone in their prime ever!

His division is filled with relics and dinosaurs from Fedors era or two decades ago.

he only has twenty career wins

ufc HW goat you say but you forget to mention he took that mantle from Timmeh lol

Stipe , and not to his fault, has beat past their prime people for most of his career.
Sadly that’s the HW division and how it’s been for years.

his win over Francis was great. But let’s be honest , Francis was a noob to MMA.

I think Francis wins within 2 rounds in the rematch.

ngannoo is the same fighter now in late 2020 that he was when miocic beat him 50-44. He's not demonstrated any improvement or evolution in TD defense or gas tank since his beating almost 3 fucking years ago. Ngannoo's method of winning now is exactly what got his ass WHOOPED, even losing a round 10-8 last time

MiocicNgannou.gif

ngannoo is the same fighter now in late 2020 that he was when miocic beat him 50-44. He's not demonstrated any improvement or evolution in TD defense or gas tank since his beating almost 3 fucking years ago. Ngannoo's method of winning now is exactly what got his ass WHOOPED, even losing a round 10-8 last time

MiocicNgannou.gif
Unparalled finishing ability displayed by HW Goat. How many finishes does he have since 2016? Exactly one over a gas inflated LHW who was fifty years old

Unparalled finishing ability displayed by HW Goat. How many finishes does he have since 2016? Exactly one over a gas inflated LHW who was fifty years old

Who is this HW goat you're talking about?

Those two wins would definitely put him in the conversation. People will still find a way to discredit him though. They'd say Ngannou would win a third fight with a different gameplan, or that Jones was just not accustomed to fighting at heavyweight yet.

MiocicNgannou.gif
Let’s bet on it then lol.
Tell
Me your terms

Yeah if he decisively wins two fights, including against Ngannou, there's no doubt. He beats Jones and Ngannou in 2021 and I dunno how anyone could doubt it.

Who should the UFC add to the HW roster to make it better?
Another dinosaur from the past I guess. Mmas pipeline of new talent is non existent and it’s not just hw. Look at LHW, guys who failed at MW for years are moving up to compete and win (Jan, santos and smith for example) while Glover and rua who have been in the game for two or three decades are now on cusp of title shots again. We are literally in the worst transition phase of heavy weight mma talent at the moment. At least when AA and Timmeh ruled UFC, pride had great talent nowadays there are no New great heavies Anywhere

Back