Stipe Miocic is two fights away from GOAT status in 2021

pankrat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Already undisputed UFC HW GOAT, in 2021 Miocic has ahead of him the chance of facing p4p GOAT candidate Jon Jones and the best new generation HW in Ngannou.
Overcoming these two challenges, especially if he does in dominant fashion, would make hard to deny Miocic GOAT status.

Who would have a case?

> Finally surpass Fedor

> Cleaned out a division as StPierre, but did so in the absolute one, beat more GOAT candidates, and often finished

> The undisputed GOAT HW will always be above GOAT manlet in prizefighting, more so in MMA, as good as Johnson is

> If Jones gives Miocic a competitive fight, win or lose I still think he is GOAT, actually cements his place, PEDs aside. In case Miocic finishes though...

> If Miocic finishes Jones and Francis he would surpass Silva. and PEDs.

> All the reasons above help Stipe's case above Aldo too

> Khabib could be the p4p best who ever step into the octagon but didnt dodge enough bullets to attain GOAT status imo

I'm not sure Miocic will get it done though

Last edited:
Stipe , and not to his fault, has beat past their prime people for most of his career.
Sadly that’s the HW division and how it’s been for years.

his win over Francis was great. But let’s be honest , Francis was a noob to MMA.

I think Francis wins within 2 rounds in the rematch.

no one fighting in this joke of a division today should be called the GOAT, sorry.

Stipe will never surpass Fedor, not his fault, but his era is to poor in talents.

Fucking dude from cameroon started MMA 4 years ago cleaned the entire division. That's not possible in any division with actual skills.

Last edited:
Stipe , and not to his fault, has beat past their prime people for most of his career.
Sadly that’s the HW division and how it’s been for years.

his win over Francis was great. But let’s be honest , Francis was a noob to MMA.

I think Francis wins within 2 rounds in the rematch.

As much as you want to downplay his competition because of age, to be #1 contenders they beat the new blood, and while MMA has evolved and expanded, fighter still cut weight to avoid these men.
They would actually be a problem for younger versions of themselves in many cases, since experience and technique hold more weight in the absolute division.

A HW can't be GOAT imo, not in todays era anyway, the competition just isn't there.

Alistair fucking Overeem, a guy who has been fighting in both MMA and Kickboxing since like 1999 is still a top 5 HW, that just doesn't happen in the elite weight classes.

I like Stipe but I find it questionable to call him GOAT simply because he lost to a somewhat-prime JDS (and then beat him later when JDS was further out of his prime) while Cain was able to put down a massive beating on absolute prime JDS. Because of that, I'm just not sure how well Stipe would've done against the older generation of heavyweights. Also, he lost to Struve.

A HW can't be GOAT imo, not in todays era anyway, the competition just isn't there.

Alistair fucking Overeem, a guy who has been fighting in both MMA and Kickboxing since like 1999 is still a top 5 HW, that just doesn't happen in the elite weight classes.
Exactly this. Not their fault. It’s just now it is.

Already undisputed UFC HW GOAT, finished the best HWs of his generation except Cain

In 2021 wins over p4p GOAT candidate Jon Jones and the best new gen HW in Ngannou would make it hard to deny Miocic GOAT status, specially if he does by finish. Who would have a case?

> Finally surpass Fedor long shadow

> Cleaned out his division as StPierre, but did at HW, beat more GOAT candidates, and often finished.

> Undisputed GOAT HW is always above GOAT manlet in prizefighting, as undisputed as Johnson is

> If Jones gives Miocic a competitive fight, win or lose I still think he is GOAT, PEDs aside. If Miocic finishes though...

> If Miocic finishes Jones and Ngannou (him vs Volkov in a #1 match would be nice) he would have a case above Silva imo. If he does by dull decision though, Silva is still the man, PEDs aside.

> All the reasons above help his case above Aldo too

> Khabib has a case to be the best fighter to ever step into the octagon but didnt dodge enough bullets to attain GOAT status imo

I'm not sure Miocic will get it done though

He would need to avenge struve loss before being considered as GOAT. Until then. No dice.

So many Goats!

main-qimg-0a317bb0c2cc9a1e74091b8ca40a77c1

Actual Sherdawg footage.

If he beat ngannou and jones then he's the goat by far. No one can match his resume at they point.

the only resume that comes close to jons. i mean look at all those wins he have

no one fighting in this joke of a division today should be called the GOAT sorry.

Stipe will never surpass Fedor, not his fault, but his era is to poor in talents.

Fucking dude from cameroon started MMA 4 years ago cleaned the entire division. That's not possible in any division with actual skills.

Ngannou also got outclassed by Miocic and neutralized by Lewis.
BJ was at the top with one year of MMA. Ngannou is a great talent and hard worker, and evolving, do not downplay him. And get real, everybody in the roster is avoiding these men.
Ngannou didnt beat Cormier and Werdum btw, nor Miocic himself. I would love to see him vs Volkov, it's a fantasy matchup for the HW division and whoever wins a great challenge for the champ imo

no one fighting in this joke of a division today should be called the GOAT sorry.

Stipe already surpassed Fedor as the heavyweight GOAT. If he beat Ngannou and Jones then he has a very strong argument for being the GOAT.

prime fedor wont beat all of those guys u claim where past prime
he cant even beat a mw.. imagine stipe vs hendo

Back