Media Stipe Miocic getting tagged HARD by Ngannou.

trex arms sorrys bro.

i would never trust ufc stats haha.
I know it's not unreasonable to be skeptic of some UFC stats, but the measurement would have to be way off in order for him to have short arms. 4"/10cm off, to be exact..
LDN-L-UFC241-CER-WEIGHINS-17-0817-2.jpg

Yea somewhere around there but really temple shots aren't the worst. Durable fighters can usually take flush temple shots no problem, getting hit on the chin will put anyone down, even with an iron chin if you aren't expecting it
my sister kod most guys with a temple shot, so they are one of the worst imo ... but punches you dont see are the wost = 99,99999% KO chance haha.

most guys in my chin can take punches with ez but 1 temple shot'? holycrap ... your legs feel like spaghettis.
Two places to aim to get a KO: the chin first and the temple second.

On the chin it just needs to be well timed and placed, where as on the temple it needs to be hard as fuck.

I know it's not unreasonable to be skeptic of some UFC stats, but the measurement would have to be way off in order for him to have short arms. 4"/10cm off, to be exact..
LDN-L-UFC241-CER-WEIGHINS-17-0817-2.jpg

he has trex arms by HW standards.

Ruiz is a HW boxer but his arms super short haha.

Here’s a video breaking down some of what stipe does defensively, might help you understand the sport a little bit better. Stipe’s defensive movement is a big reason why he became and stayed champion longer than anyone else.

Wow, 3 exchanges where Stipe didn't get hit, mindblowing. Stipe had 32% sig.strike defence in the DC rematch. Like I said, embarrasing punching bag.

Wow, 3 exchanges where Stipe didn't get hit, mindblowing. Stipe had 32% sig.strike defence in the DC rematch. Like I said, embarrasing punching bag.
Best heavyweight of all time and it’s largely because of his defense, which is head and shoulders above most of his division mates

Unless you're Weidman, a hit on the forehead is way easier to absorb than a hit on the chin. I think (I could be way off here) that that's why you see a some boxers wading forward with their chin tucked and head down - it's a legitimate form of defense that minimizes damage to you while letting you close distance.

Such a sick first round

I can’t stand Stipe but I’ll forever respect him for that fight

I ask this honestly. How can you dislike Stipe? He comes to bang in the octagon, is a good dad/ family man and a firefighter. He’s a dude you could sit and drink a beer with. What’s not to like?

that's like the weakest punch I've ever seen Ngannou throw

I ask this honestly. How can you dislike Stipe? He comes to bang in the octagon, is a good dad/ family man and a firefighter. He’s a dude you could sit and drink a beer with. What’s not to like?

I suppose once you make me breakdown disliking him, it’s more... I have no attachment to him as a fighter
It’s nothing personal, I just find him boring.

Here’s a video breaking down some of what stipe does defensively, might help you understand the sport a little bit better. Stipe’s defensive movement is a big reason why he became and stayed champion longer than anyone else.

Great video

Stipe is a bad MF

Ngannou was never that good. Stipe has never beat legit opponent in their prime. I really hope that you won't bring his win against 41 years old 5'8 Daniel Cormier as an argument.
In a head-to-head sense, Ngannou is already an all-time great. Are we really gonna pretend he wouldn't have a good chance against every HW ever just based on his power, strength and chin? Especially when he doesn't just rush in like a madman like he did against Stipe.

And current DC is better than younger Strikeforce DC. Cormier himself has gone on record by saying that going to LHW and fighting Jones made him a much better fighter by forcing him to evolve.

Ngannou, Stipe AND DC are all amazing fighters.

The one that got through and touched Stipe brought out the panic wrestler in him.

If you watched the fight that was part of the plan the whole time, so it wasn’t panic wrestling. He started off with take downs and any time was touched, he easily took Ngannou down like clockwork. That was the plan to beat the big bad predator. And it worked. Re-watch the fight, bud. 50-44 in case you don’t remember.

Hard to have good defense when your opponent is much faster than you. Even Jones got tagged quite a bit in the rematch against DC. And Jones went on record saying that DC is faster than him.

JdNr7yh.jpg

In a head-to-head sense, Ngannou is already an all-time great. Are we really gonna pretend he wouldn't have a good chance against every HW ever just based on his power, strength and chin? Especially when he doesn't just rush in like a madman like he did against Stipe.

And current DC is better than younger Strikeforce DC. Cormier himself has gone on record by saying that going to LHW and fighting Jones made him a much better fighter by forcing him to evolve.

Ngannou, Stipe AND DC are all amazing fighters.

lol bro ... all time great?

Ngannou was scared as fuck vs Lewis, cuz he knew Lewis can match his power.

Ngannou has depended on opponents getting sloppy and countering, thats why he lewis vs ngannou fight looked like shit.

Not even Semmy Shillt was/is that overrated ... hahaha.

I forget. How’d that fight end? Beat it dude.

Back