Stipe > Jones cause HW

trash, terrible logic. awful. feel bad about it.

DC wasnt healthy on the scale at 205 and everyone knows that.

jones wont go up and everyone knows that.

what else do you have questions about?

You think it's terrible logic that the GOAT of the sport isn't capable of beating dudes in the worst division in MMA skill wise? No questions for you chief, I'll let you know if I need vape tips.

You think it's terrible logic that the GOAT of the sport isn't capable of beating dudes in the worst division in MMA skill wise? No questions for you chief, I'll let you know if I need vape tips.
nah, LHW is the worst division in the sport. HW isnt far behind though.

but in any case, yes, MMAth is always weak. just because hes squeaking by everyone who can make 205 and get a title shot, which is about as tough as getting a toy in a happy meal, that doesnt mean he can go up in weight, fight that division's GOAT and win the most prestigious title in the sport. thats not how it works.

This is a really stupid discussion. You cannot call anyone the best MMA fighter in the world if they are not willing to fight the heavyweight champion (at heavyweight body weight). This is common sense.

Oh yeah, and Ngannou KOs Jones easily. That's also common sense.

I've stated many times GSP is your clean GOAT because of his accomplishments and willingness to get stricter testing done. Most people don't care about that though and will prop up Fedor and Anderson who both competed in PRIDE and are highly, highly likely to have been juicing. Even so, they are the pinnacle of their respective divisions.

Jones is a better fighter than all three, straight up. In a sport dominated by juice, he's still by far the greatest to do it. I've trained at an MMA gym and at least half the dudes there are on it, pro and otherwise. The dudes that are tout the recovery aspect and lack of soreness, but they're not any better or more dedicated. Steroids do not give you the genius level fight IQ, timing, iron beard, defensive instincts, vicious mean streak Jon Jones has. All of that is mental. Your thread's about the baddest man on the planet, not the cleanest baddest man on the planet. If you throw Jon Jones into a pit with just about any human on Earth, the odds are in his favor he is going to beat them.

Thank you, I was thinking Randy in the back of my mind since he's the last person to switch between those divisions with any success.
Then why, for the love of God, would he not just fight at his natural weight class and take Stipe's belt like it was lunch money?

Why would he stay in a division he's cleaned out a long time ago, and fight B level blown up middleweights, when there's more money and prestige in going for the HW title?

I mean, just give me one good reason, because I cant imagine that any fighter enjoys weight cuts.

DC weighed in 15 pounds heavier than Stipe. And got KTFO.
This is a short video of Jon during his first conviction for using PEDs…
<mma1>
The third time he got convicted, his fight against DC was overturned to a no-contest and had to snitch on his peers to get his sentence reduced.
Don't come at me with that shit. Now he can't even beat a guy with 2 busted knees that required surgery BEFORE the fight.
Lmao.

Jones doesn't beast Stipe 10 times out of 10, but if they fight one time I am taking Jones all day in that one.

I LOVE head to head analyses, so here’s mine!

Tl;dr: Unlike DC, Jones relies on being the longer guy with a bigger frame for his striking and wrestling. This is why Jones needs to wait for the “right matchup” at HW, while DC has no problems moving up. Stipe beats Jones.

1. First off, we have no clue how Jones will look at HW. We can only guess. Here are my guesses:

- Jones will probably not gain a lot of weight for HW. I say this because Jones will want to use his quickness, so gaining a lot of weight would be counterproductive. I see him around 235lbs, give or take a few pounds. That’s still over 10 heavier than his LHW self.

- Jones would have the speed advantage, but he will NOT be as fast as DC was. Jones himself said that DC was quicker than him in many combinations. Also, DC is a master of closing the distance. DC’s shorter limbs also aid his speed because his strikes need to cover a shorter distance.

- Jones will hit harder at HW, but not by a lot. DC was making crazy weight cuts to 205, while Jones makes 205 comfortably. Because of this, DC gained power going to HW, while Jones won’t gain much.

- Jones will have a stronger chin from lack of weight cutting and he will he stronger. He will no doubt prioritize his strength and conditioning for HW.

2. Jones will gameplan for the Stipe. Jones will know every one of Stipe’s weaknesses better than Stipe does. Stipe will also gameplan, but I believe Jones and his team are the better game-planners.

3. I imagine Jones’ gameplan will most likely be to kick Stipe’s legs and cause heavy damage. JDS’ leg kicks had severely hurt Stipe in the rematch to the point that Stipe was forced to rush in for a finish. DC was also able to leg kick Stipe at will many times. After Stipe’s legs are destroyed, the plan will be to take him down, control him, and win either by TKO or a decision.

4. Stipe’s gameplan will most likely be to close the distance and batter Jones to a TKO. The issue with trying to win a decision for Stipe is that the judges will score Jones’ kicks even if they don’t do much damage. That’s a big reason why it’s so hard to beat Jones by decision. That said, Stipe will train his cardio in case he needs to make this a 5 round fight.

5. Stipe’s frame and power will give Jones A LOT of problems.

- Stipe is as tall as Jones
- Stipe’s reach is only 4 inches shorter (an inch LONGER than Gus’ 79” reach actually)
- Stipe is the hardest hitter Jones has ever fought
- Stipe is the strongest guy Jones ever fought, or tied with DC
- Stipe has amazing cardio for his size as seen in the second DC fight
- Stipe has a very good chin

All these lead me to believe that maintaining distance against Stipe will be very hard for Jones. Jon won’t be able to keep Stipe away for long, and if Stipe gets close then it won’t be like trying to clinch with a 6’2 220lbs LHW. I see Jones getting hit a lot, more than he ever has since the first Gus fight. His chin will allow him to survive the early onslaughts, but he won’t be able to use his length and distance control like he usually does. Because of this, Jon will get hit more cleanly than he did against Santos, for example, who is only 6’1 or 6’2.

6. Jones is not the kicker JDS is. This sounds strange to say, since Jones is a kicker with a kicker’s body, while JDS is a puncher and has short legs. But just look at Ngannou vs. JDS. Junior’s one leg kick dropped Ngannou for a second, while Ngannou’s multiple leg kicks didn’t have the same effect. JDS has weirdly good leg kicks and it sucks that he doesn’t use them more.

I just don’t see Jones’ leg kicks having the same effect on Stipe as JDS’ leg kicks did. Besides, all JDS’ leg kicks did was trigger Stipe into rushing in for a quick finish. Jones will no doubt hurt Stipe, but not enough to cripple him before he inevitably rushes in.

7. Jones will not have the power to earn Stipe’s respect on the feet. So when Stipe rushes in and closes the distance, there won’t be dire consequences. Jones has little power in his hands and he relies on his elbows for power. However, Stipe’s reach is so similar to Jones’ that the elbows may not be as effective. Stipe is not a 5’10 guy with a 72” trying to close the distance; he’s a 6’4 dude with a 80” reach who can box up Jones from Jon’s own range. Besides, Stipe has the chin to take a elbow or two.

8. When Jon’s distance control and leg kicking strategy fails, he will most likely go for the takedowns. He may have success at first, but it will not last. I say this because unlike DC, Jones relies on his frame for his takedowns. There is a reason Gus gave him so many problems in the wrestling department. There is a reason why Jones had to cripple Gus’ legs and groin in the rematch before getting the big takedown. Stipe is not 5’10 DC. Styles and matchups make fights, which is why I say that DC is a much bigger wrestling threat to Stipe than Jones is.

In fact, Jones may even gas a bit since this will be his first time wrestling a natural HW who is bigger than him in frame and can match his strength and wrestling. For reference, DC could only match Jon’s strength and wrestling, and Gus could only match his frame. Jon never had anyone match all of these attributes at once before.

When Jones can no longer take Stipe down, Stipe rushes in and batters Jon with a flurry of punches.

Stipe via TKO Round 4

Stipe only walks in 10 pounds heavier than Jones.

And i've never seen DC bust up Jones face like he did Stipe's
Stipe would show up in the best shape of his life Knowing Jones has MUCH better Cardio.

I think they both come in around 230lbs. I also think that Jones beats his ass worse than DC was beating him, before he gassed, and I think he does it for 5 rounds

Last edited:
Back