Stipe > Jones cause HW

What steroids? He took some dick pills that contained illegal substances which gave him 0 fighting enhancing performances which USADA clarified and regretted sentencing Jones.

Doesn't take his legitimacy or credibility as being the Goat.
<YeahOKJen>

Why does Jones need to go to heavyweight and risk getting KOd when he already has 80% of sherdoggers proclaiming him as better than any heavyweight, and he didn't risk anything!

Jones is a genius .

Last edited:
You’re talking about roided Jones.

Clean Jones arguably lost to Thiago Santos.
He had the same levels of m3 against dc and gus as he had against santos.

Jones is a cheater. He gets worse with every fight he has since he seems to be off the juice. If he wasnt a juicer he would be 0-2 vs DC, and a matchup with Stipe wouldnt even be considered cause it would seem laughable.

Usually the people at the top of the food chain eat the best.

Speaking only to this point, Stipe and Jones do not carry the same weight in the same way, functionally. That's why Stipe laughed hard at the reporter who floated him moving to 205, and why Jones makes 205 extremely easily.

lol wut

weight is weight, or are you trying to say Jones is fatter than Stipe at the same weight?

Jones is a cheater. He gets worse with every fight he has since he seems to be off the juice. If he wasnt a juicer he would be 0-2 vs DC, and a matchup with Stipe wouldnt even be considered cause it would seem laughable.

Worth noting that being "off the juice", he still tests positive every time, something any other fighter would get suspended for.

1. Jones is undefeated
2. Jones has a better record against DC
3. They are roughly the same size
4. Jones has a better chin
5. Jones has better standup with a more varied arsenal
6. Jones has much better grappling

Jones beats Stipe. Would love to see them fight and I’d guarantee bookies would have Jones as favorite.

1. Jones is undefeated
2. Jones has a better record against DC
3. They are roughly the same size
4. Jones has a better chin
5. Jones has better standup with a more varied arsenal
6. Jones has much better grappling

Jones beats Stipe. Would love to see them fight and I’d guarantee bookies would have Jones as favorite.
Yet Stipe holds the title that happens to be in Jones’ natural weight class.

Maybe Jones beats him, but I wonder if Jones agrees that he’s the favorite, I wonder why he chooses the less prestigious title, or just doesn’t take both? And the money that would come with it?

Yet Stipe holds the title that happens to be in Jones’ natural weight class.

Maybe Jones beats him, but I wonder if Jones agrees that he’s the favorite, I wonder why he chooses the less prestigious title, or just doesn’t take both? And the money that would come with it?

Easy life, Lhw is one of the weakest in UFC and he has a size advantage. Stipe would be a far tougher fight than any 205er. He doesn’t want to take a tough fight when when he can coast by in his own division.

Stipe has better hands and is bit heavier but don’t think Jones is a great fight for him.

Jones would take a loss at heavyweight though, his lack of punch power would be a problem

And the steroid thing?

elephant-in-the-room-wip-leah-saulnier-the-painting-maniac.jpg

I've stated many times GSP is your clean GOAT because of his accomplishments and willingness to get stricter testing done. Most people don't care about that though and will prop up Fedor and Anderson who both competed in PRIDE and are highly, highly likely to have been juicing. Even so, they are the pinnacle of their respective divisions.

Jones is a better fighter than all three, straight up. In a sport dominated by juice, he's still by far the greatest to do it. I've trained at an MMA gym and at least half the dudes there are on it, pro and otherwise. The dudes that are tout the recovery aspect and lack of soreness, but they're not any better or more dedicated. Steroids do not give you the genius level fight IQ, timing, iron beard, defensive instincts, vicious mean streak Jon Jones has. All of that is mental. Your thread's about the baddest man on the planet, not the cleanest baddest man on the planet. If you throw Jon Jones into a pit with just about any human on Earth, the odds are in his favor he is going to beat them.

In answer to your question...
In March of 2007, Randy Couture won the HW championship. At that time, Chuck was still the LHW champ, and had also won 2/3 against Couture.
It was short lived as Chuck lost his title two months later.

This was one time I could think of a lhw champ holding wins over the HW champ.

Thank you, I was thinking Randy in the back of my mind since he's the last person to switch between those divisions with any success.

Jones is a scumbag, and also better at hand to hand combat than any HW that's ever lived. He's got more skill, fight IQ and will to win that several top ten HWs put together. It's the fatboy division for a reason. The fact that he's beaten and stopped Cormier who himself was on a GOAT tier run should tell you all you need to know about this dude.
IDK about fight IQ. He almost has reverse fight IQ. I will fight the opposition where they are strongest no matter what.... CRAZY that he is yet to lose after doing that over and over and over again. Only fight I can remember him not over the last half decade was Gus2 and when he decided to bring it to his world he mauled the mauler in like 1 minute. His last fight was close but still a w. That aside the guy is borderline untouchable. And in a world where testing hasn't been there from the start(when we reach the era of guys being legit tested there entire careers I will maybe use testing positive as a negative to goat talk but that must include a 2 + year testing pool not 6 months ) he is the greatest period

So in lieu of an actual fight between Stipe and Jones, we look at their only common opponent and infer that Jones will likely beat Stipe too and by my reckoning everyone else that's ever fought at HW too
trash, terrible logic. awful. feel bad about it.

DC wasnt healthy on the scale at 205 and everyone knows that.

jones wont go up and everyone knows that.

what else do you have questions about?

Jones is pillow fisted and he got manhandled by Frank Mir of all people.

you need more tools than just being flashy with the big boys
having pillow fists at HW is the worst weakness you can have , also anybody can end the fight with a punch.

IDK about fight IQ. He almost has reverse fight IQ. I will fight the opposition where they are strongest no matter what.... CRAZY that he is yet to lose after doing that over and over and over again. Only fight I can remember him not over the last half decade was Gus2 and when he decided to bring it to his world he mauled the mauler in like 1 minute. His last fight was close but still a w. That aside the guy is borderline untouchable. And in a world where testing hasn't been there from the start(when we reach the era of guys being legit tested there entire careers I will maybe use testing positive as a negative to goat talk but that must include a 2 + year testing pool not 6 months ) he is the greatest period

For me the fight that really sealed it was the Teixeira fight. Glover had been knocking fools senseless, subbing dudes too. Most people agreed that his hands were the most dangerous part about him, but Jones fought the entire match pressing him against the cage, denying him space and rolling with his best shots. I thought for sure Glover would catch him with something but the man is as sound defensively as offensively.

For me the fight that really sealed it was the Teixeira fight. Glover had been knocking fools senseless, subbing dudes too. Most people agreed that his hands were the most dangerous part about him, but Jones fought the entire match pressing him against the cage, denying him space and rolling with his best shots. I thought for sure Glover would catch him with something but the man is as sound defensively as offensively.
glover teixeira's boxing is straight up BAD. he just has power and fought in an awful division so he caught guys.

Back