• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stipe defeating Jones won't be an upset

There's gonna be a lot of confused people on this forum once this fights end and Jones looks human and doesn't dominate Stipe the way some think he will.

My prediction is that Stipe will look a lot better than his doubters predict and Jon will look worse than his supporters predict. And I think the result will be somewhere in the middle.

I think we're gonna get a competitive fight that goes the distance, 48-47, but who? I also give a flight prediction of Stipe by 4th/5th round TKO.

It doesn’t matter tbh, only the result does.
I think Jon is the GOAT (Tossup with Anderson due to the highlight reel Andy has but if I’m being honest it’s Jon) but I think time and time again we have seen Jon look human from Vitors armbar, to Gus banking enough rounds on him for an arguable win way back in 2012, to Reyes and Santos nearly beating him in a span of one year. The thing is between those fights Jon has also fought against superior competition such as DC where he barely struggles and destroys the guy who should arguably have the best chances of beating him. It doesn’t even matter whether he looks like shit in the fights or not (kinda like Floyd doing nothing) as long as he wins he retains GOAT status and there isn’t much we can do about it other then take the dq win the next time he throws grounded knees at Anthony Smith

I like Stipe, so won’t be upset. Jones fans well , we shall see. If Jones wins I would not be upset either he has led an amazing career.

Stipe is an excellent boxer with ok wrestling. Unless jones just isn't prepared for his power though, he should have all the advantages in this fight.

stipe is 40+ years old, got knocked out viciously by Francis and went back to normal work. I woulb be very surprised if he wins.

He should fight that russian guy on like 6+ KO run not stipe

Yeah it’s obvious why Captain Turinabol is fighting Stipe and not Sergei. Lol Where was jones when Stipe was like “Sure! Why not!?” to fighting him five years ago???

He's 41 and coming off a vicious KO loss

I want him to win too but come on

We should direct our ire at Jones for ducking Sergei and Aspinall

maybe, we should all just hate the player and not the game.

seems we all hate the player that is the best at the game.

Yeah it’s obvious why Captain Turinabol is fighting Stipe and not Sergei. Lol Where was jones when Stipe was like “Sure! Why not!?” to fighting him five years ago???
what has stipe done to earn a title shot??

Jon is 5 years younger than Stipe and Stipe took a ton of damage in the DC trilogy and in the 2nd Francis fight. It would be an upset.

Lol @ anyone thinking Jon is going to engage Stipe in a boxing type match. He will keep him at length and tie him up wrestling if he gets a chance. Jones may have had a lot of battles, but he's way more cautious and younger than Stipe. He will win easily. I think Saint Jones is a narcissist dirtbag piece of faith. But he took this fight only because he knows he can win it without much trouble.

They are pulling Stipe out of the nursing home for this fight. Plus he only real has a few big wins, Jon's career is mostly all big wins.

I don't think it is really possible for Stipe to win, it would be a huge upset.

If the Stipe we saw in his recent training video beats Jon, it won’t be an upset, it’ll be a miracle.

Just because Stipe had 2 year layoff doesn't mean shxt and Jones himself had 3 years layoff... the guy is fuking legit with a good camp he is extremely dangerous can beat any man alive if he hits his form and has the skills and know how..

This is not strickland or Julia Pena moments. Stipe is a seasonal long reigning champion who has alot of championship experience. Him beating Jones won't be an upset..

I keep hearing this fight being compared to strickland-adesanya or Pena-Nunes which is bullshit..
No offence, but you sound like the mark the UFC is hoping for.

If the Stipe we saw in his recent training video beats Jon, it won’t be an upset, it’ll be a miracle.
Hopefully he was sandbagging. I don't give him much of a chance but if he wins, it will be by knockout, which is what we all want to see.

stipe is 40+ years old, got knocked out viciously by Francis and went back to normal work. I woulb be very surprised if he wins.

He should fight that russian guy on like 6+ KO run not stipe
sir stipe is 2-1 in his last 3 fights
has wins over dc an francis
he fights at HW where a 40 year old man can still win a belt
took a time off to heal (hes also the HW GOAT)

meanwhile izzy is 1-2 in his last 3 fights
got kod silly
stalked like a prey by strickland
fights at a lower weightclass (young mans weightclass)
not even the MW GOAT gifted title shots again and again

show some respect and a lil brain cell sir

sir stipe is 2-1 in his last 3 fights
has wins over dc an francis
he fights at HW where a 40 year old man can still win a belt
took a time off to heal (hes also the HW GOAT)

meanwhile izzy is 1-2 in his last 3 fights
got kod silly
stalked like a prey by strickland
fights at a lower weightclass (young mans weightclass)
not even the MW GOAT gifted title shots again and again

show some respect and a lil brain cell sir
So which MMA fighter retired for three years and then came back at 42 to win the HW belt?

Hasn't won a fight in 4 years, hasn't beaten anybody not named DC in 6 and a half years, hasn't fought anybody not named DC or Ngannou in over 7 years, only fighter he beats that is still fighting in the UFC is Arlovski.

It's possible Stipe still has something left but all we can do is speculate, he is 41 and will be at least 42 by the time he fights Jones, people were saying both him and DC looked old and slow in their last fight and used age as part of the reason he lost to Ngannou.

Back