Stipe being a hypocrite

Well, yeah, that's what happens when you don't fight anyone and wait for an immediate rematch. Francis fought other people. DC fought other people. Stipe fought no one else. He wants his next fight to be against Francis. This is a Stipe problem if everyone else is fighting someone else and he isn't.
sorry, but that's Bullshit.
UFC imposed DC on Stipe.
UFC did not impose Stipe on DC...

That's UFC playing favorites, not a Stipe issue.

sorry, but that's Bullshit.
UFC imposed DC on Stipe.
UFC did not impose Stipe on DC...

That's UFC playing favorites, not a Stipe issue.
What? Yeah, maybe for Stipe/DC 3. But after he lost to DC the first time, he literally refused to fight anyone else for a year. DC defended against Lewis, Francis fought 5 guys before he fought Stipe again. DC got another crack at Stipe because it was his retirement fight.

If you think UFC is only matchmaking Stipe against DC and Francis, why is Stipe calling for a rematch with Francis? He should fight someone else.

Also, Francis should fight someone. But that's a separate issue.

What? Yeah, maybe for Stipe/DC 3. But after he lost to DC the first time, he literally refused to fight anyone else for a year. DC defended against Lewis, Francis fought 5 guys before he fought Stipe again. DC got another crack at Stipe because it was his retirement fight.

If you think UFC is only matchmaking Stipe against DC and Francis, why is Stipe calling for a rematch with Francis? He should fight someone else.

Also, Francis should fight someone. But that's a separate issue.
You miss my point.
Stipe gave DC a title shot that he did not deserve.
DC should have given him a rematch, and DC (and the UFC) refused (which is what I think Stipe is complaining about).
After he beat DC in a rematch, he was (again) forced to give DC an immediate rematch.

I don't think Stipe should be getting an immediate rematch, but I do think it is stupid for Gane & BB to be fighting for an interim belt.
Gane could fight Francis, and Stipe BB for the #1 contender would be far better IMO.

You seem to be struggling with the concept of time, medical attention, surgery, training camps, and what constitutes an invalid argument. So I will help you with your mental limitations.

The reason I said your argument is invalid is because it was during the third fight. It was after the waiting period for the third fight.

The reason why my point is valid is because it was during the waiting time for the rematch, thus impacting when the third fight could happen.

Three months for medical assessments, second doctor's opinion, etc.

Three months for surgery and recovery.

Six months for training camp.

Again, your original comment is wrong. Waiting one year for the third fight was very reasonable considering the fact that illegal eye pokes is what caused the delay.

Good luck learning the concept of time, medical attention, training camps, etc.
Time is clearly of no meaning to you. Its clearly why you failed you English assesments as you ran out of time. You clearly only work with multiples of three in your Mathematics Extending yourself is clearly not your strongpoint. Medical assessment - one month. Surgery and recovery two months (stated by stipe). Book fight when surgery and recovery time confirmed. 6 months is more than enough time. I like your efforts but you still get a D grade for so many errors.

Stipe is 3-2 since the first Ngannou fight over 3 years ago, 3 of those fights were vs LHW Cormier and 2 vs Ngannou, with him getting dominated and KOd in his last fight. Yet he is likely still getting a rematch. The UFC isn't even saying he needs to earn his way back, just give other contenders who have earned the opportunity, a chance to fight for the belt. But this isn't good enough for Stipe. He needs to hold up the division with more immediate rematches and he needs it now, when he says, at the snap of his fingers. No one should ever have the opportunity to fight for the belt – just Stipe and it doesn't matter if he loses or gets KO'd. In fact, why isn't the UFC just giving him "his" title back? It's an insult that he even has to fight for it.

But I guess he is the heavyweight GOAT with his amazing title defense streak of 3 fights – 1 more than 5 other fighters – including all-time great Tim Sylvia. And I guess that entitles him to infinite immediate title rematches forever, no matter how badly he loses...

Time is clearly of no meaning to you. Its clearly why you failed you English assesments as you ran out of time. You clearly only work with multiples of three in your Mathematics Extending yourself is clearly not your strongpoint. Medical assessment - one month. Surgery and recovery two months (stated by stipe). Book fight when surgery and recovery time confirmed. 6 months is more than enough time. I like your efforts but you still get a D grade for so many errors.
Can you find all the mistakes you made while failing to insult someone else's "English assessment"? Once again, I will help you with your limitations.

Mistake #1 - Grammatical
"Its" should either be, "It is" or "it's".

Mistake #2 - Grammatical
The sentence should be, "your English".

Mistake #3 - Word Meaning
At no point was I making an "English assessment".

Mistake #4 - Punctuation
"Mathematics Extending" is missing proper punctuation in between the two words.

There are plenty of other mistakes in your post where you are failing to insult another person's "English assessment" .

Also, by your own assessment, the fight was only three months later than it should've been. That is not a long delay for a HW Title fight. For reference, look at how difficult it is for Ngannao to get his first title defense.

I suggest you reread what you typed to find the other mistakes, spend more time educating yourself, and less time embarrassing yourself while failing to insult others.

Can you find all the mistakes you made while failing to insult someone else's "English assessment"? Once again, I will help you with your limitations.

Mistake #1 - Grammatical
"Its" should either be, "It is" or "it's".

Mistake #2 - Grammatical
The sentence should be, "your English".

Mistake #3 - Word Meaning
At no point was I making an "English assessment".

Mistake #4 - Punctuation
"Mathematics Extending" is missing proper punctuation in between the two words.

There are plenty of other mistakes in your post where you are failing to insult another person's "English assessment" .

Also, by your own assessment, the fight was only three months later than it should've been. That is not a long delay for a HW Title fight. For reference, look at how difficult it is for Ngannao to get his first title defense.

I suggest you reread what you typed to find the other mistakes, spend more time educating yourself, and less time embarrassing yourself while failing to insult others.
Sorry bud. I dont have the time or inclination for correct grammar on sherdog. I have other priorities, however I'm flatttered you corrected my typing. I have an essay you can proofread if you're unemployed. I appreciate your efforts as its clear you lost the argument and need to latch onto other things for satisfaction. Life's clearly a struggle for you so I'll leave you to comtemplate your next move without me.

You miss my point.
Stipe gave DC a title shot that he did not deserve.
DC should have given him a rematch, and DC (and the UFC) refused (which is what I think Stipe is complaining about).
After he beat DC in a rematch, he was (again) forced to give DC an immediate rematch.

I don't think Stipe should be getting an immediate rematch, but I do think it is stupid for Gane & BB to be fighting for an interim belt.
Gane could fight Francis, and Stipe BB for the #1 contender would be far better IMO.
You do know that when DC fought Stipe DC was undefeated at HW, had only 5 less HW wins than Stipe, and wins over 2 former HW champions and 2 former UFC title challengers, plus was the current LWH champ, right? A title he never lost. So tell me how he is less deserving than any other HW at the time.

You do know that Stipe was medically suspended after DC KO'd him, and DC fought Lewis before Stipe could be medically cleared and his next defense was against Stipe basically a year after their initial fight, right? So tell me how he didn't get his immediate rematch in a timely fashion.

And yeah, he had to fight DC again in DC's retirement fight, which again was a year after their second meeting. How come he fought no one else between his second and 3rd DC fights? DC got KO'd so you know it's not like he can fight in a few months. Stipe has fought 5 times since September 2016. He's choosy about opponents, and not very active. Woodley gets a lot of criticism for his lack of schedule and opponent picking but he fought 8 times in the same time Stipe fought 5. That's 60% more fights for the guy with the reputation for not fighting often enough.

So yeah, he had to fight DC for a 3rd time. Boo hoo. It's not like he was fighting someone else. He didn't want to fight Francis again either. Except, you know, now he does.

they are 1:1, Miopic dominated the first, Frank the second. Makes sense. Plus Stype is old, the soon the the rematch the better.
Well, he should be trying to book a fight first, Ngannou wont fight him for a while, make sure he is next after the IC vs regular champion happens.

Well, he should be trying to book a fight first, Ngannou wont fight him for a while, make sure he is next after the IC vs regular champion happens.

that is one possible scenario. but not likely to happen, ufc won't give em another ts so soon. thats why he wants to leave.

A record is like a resume, you can have great stuff on it, but you gotta keep it updated. Francis is champ with knockout victories over #1, #6, and two over #4. That's a strong updated resume. Stipe is #1 with no victories over anyone ranked under him.

Such is the duality of the HW title picture. I didn't like the 'immediate rematch' thing either. I think he needs to pick a fight with Jones or maybe the UFC can do another trade with One if there is anyone the UFC would take. I'd have to look but I think Stipe has only fought in USA/Brazil so not sure about him travelling to Asia and fighting. Also the curse on UFC fighters in One is quasi palpable. And by curse I mean getting your ass beat by people that are unfamiliar to a lot of MMA fans.
Christian Lee or whatever their LW Champ !!!!! I don't know when to take fighters serious with this kinda stuff never know what's just negotiating tactics but I agree with the op

that is one possible scenario. but not likely to happen, ufc won't give em another ts so soon. thats why he wants to leave.
Thats another option but unless the UFC makes a trade with ONE FC they wont just cut him.

Christian Lee or whatever their LW Champ !!!!! I don't know when to take fighters serious with this kinda stuff never know what's just negotiating tactics but I agree with the op
The guy that wrecked DJ could be a good addition, but they traded Askren at the time cause he was already a known fighter in the US, ONE doest have another known guy they could trade Stipe for, good fighters, unknown tho.

he has always come cross as very whiny to me, he whines and complains a lot

(its very hard to understand what he is saying, a lot of mumbling and babbling, but the times I did manage to catch what he was saying it just seems like a whiner)

I hope Black Beast will be HW champ soon, that way we will actually get someone who ya know actually fights!! not once every 18 months like the others

You do know that when DC fought Stipe DC was undefeated at HW, had only 5 less HW wins than Stipe, and wins over 2 former HW champions and 2 former UFC title challengers, plus was the current LWH champ, right? A title he never lost. So tell me how he is less deserving than any other HW at the time.

You do know that Stipe was medically suspended after DC KO'd him, and DC fought Lewis before Stipe could be medically cleared and his next defense was against Stipe basically a year after their initial fight, right? So tell me how he didn't get his immediate rematch in a timely fashion.

And yeah, he had to fight DC again in DC's retirement fight, which again was a year after their second meeting. How come he fought no one else between his second and 3rd DC fights? DC got KO'd so you know it's not like he can fight in a few months. Stipe has fought 5 times since September 2016. He's choosy about opponents, and not very active. Woodley gets a lot of criticism for his lack of schedule and opponent picking but he fought 8 times in the same time Stipe fought 5. That's 60% more fights for the guy with the reputation for not fighting often enough.

So yeah, he had to fight DC for a 3rd time. Boo hoo. It's not like he was fighting someone else. He didn't want to fight Francis again either. Except, you know, now he does.
you do realize how stupid you sound when you talk about his HW record when he moved to LHW for the next 4 years, so it is utterly irrelevant the fact he was "undefeated" at HW.
And who did he beat in his "undefeated career at HW? A declining Mir? A declining Roy Nelson? So please spare me with this bullshit.

Same for "Miocic was injured" crap. DC had already refused to rematch Miocic. had they set up an imediate rematch he would not have fought Lewis.

So yeah, say what you want, Miocic did not like the fact he wasn't given an immediate rematch after beating the UFC record for most title defenses at HW and after giving DC an UNDESERVING title shot. And I do think he did deserve it, especially coming from a promotion who had an history of awarding immediate title rematches to plenty of undeserving champions.
And from DC, who got a title shot from Miocic when he was just moving up. IMHO one good deed deserves another, and DC was utterly selfish in that regard.

So please spare me with your hateful and biased outlook when we both know you are being very dishonest.

He's 1-1 with Ngannou, and he (Stipe) is the UFC hw GOAT (that's not even questionable, it's a fact).

So why wouldn't he feel entitled to have a rematch with Ngannou? He's absolutely entitled to feeling so.

And Stipe is 2-0 in rematches after losing to them…first to Dos Santos and then to Cormier

We all know Stipe isn't the biggest personality in the UFC, but he's a great fighter. And seeing him in some of the embeddeds, he seems like a fun and easy going guy. It took me a while but I became a fan of his.

Not that he cares about it, but now he's losing me as a fan and I'm sure there are other who will feel the same.

His recent comments about him deserving a rematch with Ngannou just rub me the wrong way. After DC beat him to win the title the UFC gave him an immediate rematch. He won the rematch and wasn't very keen of having to fight DC again immediately. In the end he accepted.

After that, it was clear his next fight should have been Ngannou. Stipe was clear that he didn't want to fight Ngannou because he already beat him decisively and he wanted to fight someone new, have a fresh opponent. But since there first fight Francis destroyed 4 tough opponents in less than 3 minutes while Stipe went 2-1 against DC. This already rubbed me the wrong way.

Now after getting murked by Francis, all of a sudden he thinks he deserves a rematch? The guy that complained when his opponents got them? The guy who wanted to fight someone new?

Despite of how I feel about this interim belt, the winner of that will face Francis. Stipe should really stop complaining and fight someone fresh like he wanted to. Make himself relevant again. Sitting by the sidelines, pouting about not getting a rematch will not do him any good. Fans are just gonna forget about him and he's already not that memorable.

As of now he's the guy that went 3-2 for the last three and a half years against two opponents.
If we're doing Connor vs porier 4, anyone deserves a rematch brother

First of all...... there have been 4 UFC HW champs that have defended the title twice. Couture, Sylvia, Brock, Cain. Only Stipe was granted a rematch after losing his belt. So enough of the "UFC hates Stipe". Couture did get a HW title after he lost a close decision to Barnett after he popped for steroids. Just because Stipe defended the belt one more time than the other 4 fighters doesn't grant him power to sit out for years and get rematches.

He clogged up the division with the Cormier trilogy and he should want some new blood. From 2018-2021 all Stipe has fought was Cormier or Ngannou. The division has to move on. If we wins a good fight and looks good throw him back to a title. Stipe hasn't looked amazing since losing the belt to Cormier and should prove himself before getting back in with Ngannou for his own sake.

Back