Stipe being a hypocrite

He's 1-1 with Ngannou, and he (Stipe) is the UFC hw GOAT (that's not even questionable, it's a fact).

So why wouldn't he feel entitled to have a rematch with Ngannou? He's absolutely entitled to feeling so.
Nonsense. He is NOT a HW GOAT. He got KO’ed by an inflated manlet (DC) and KO’ed by a beanstalk with no athleticism (Struve), and finally KO’ed by a one-trick pony who strikes like an angry drunken sailor down by the docks (Ngannou).

He’s human and susceptible to the same pitfalls as every one of us.

Would like to see him go to ONE FC and get paid a shit ton to win the belt and defend it like 12 times to become the ONE FC heavyweight GOAT.

His problem is of the top 3 contenders, Lewis is the only one he has a realistic chance against, and even that's questionable. I'd fear for his life if he faced Francis again. His best bet is to retire or hope that Francis loses his belt.

People are really overblowing the whole situation whilst also disrespecting one of the HW GOATS.

He had the most title defences in UFC HW history, of course he’s going to think he’s entitled to a trilogy match with a guy he’s 1-1 with.
I agree with you, and even if I don't wan't to see an immediate rematch, I still get where Stipe is coming from

He's 1-1 with Ngannou, and he (Stipe) is the UFC hw GOAT (that's not even questionable, it's a fact).

So why wouldn't he feel entitled to have a rematch with Ngannou? He's absolutely entitled to feeling so.

Because he got wrecked, almost as if a child was fighting an adult

they are 1:1, Miopic dominated the first, Frank the second. Makes sense. Plus Stype is old, the soon the the rematch the better.

If you post an ignorant opinion don’t be offended for someone calling you ignorant. :)
Are you his accountant , his sports agent? I watch the sport to see the best vs the best. Not to familiarize myself with a fighters retirement prospects.
Enjoy trying to be an alpha on an karate forum.
7B1U.gif

We all know Stipe isn't the biggest personality in the UFC, but he's a great fighter. And seeing him in some of the embeddeds, he seems like a fun and easy going guy. It took me a while but I became a fan of his.

Not that he cares about it, but now he's losing me as a fan and I'm sure there are other who will feel the same.

His recent comments about him deserving a rematch with Ngannou just rub me the wrong way. After DC beat him to win the title the UFC gave him an immediate rematch. He won the rematch and wasn't very keen of having to fight DC again immediately. In the end he accepted.

After that, it was clear his next fight should have been Ngannou. Stipe was clear that he didn't want to fight Ngannou because he already beat him decisively and he wanted to fight someone new, have a fresh opponent. But since there first fight Francis destroyed 4 tough opponents in less than 3 minutes while Stipe went 2-1 against DC. This already rubbed me the wrong way.

Now after getting murked by Francis, all of a sudden he thinks he deserves a rematch? The guy that complained when his opponents got them? The guy who wanted to fight someone new?

Despite of how I feel about this interim belt, the winner of that will face Francis. Stipe should really stop complaining and fight someone fresh like he wanted to. Make himself relevant again. Sitting by the sidelines, pouting about not getting a rematch will not do him any good. Fans are just gonna forget about him and he's already not that memorable.

As of now he's the guy that went 3-2 for the last three and a half years against two opponents.

but in the end, cant blame a guy for avoiding a man with mallets for hands

and
stipe's time has come

he will never be champ again

His recent comments about him deserving a rematch with Ngannou just rub me the wrong way. After DC beat him to win the title the UFC gave him an immediate rematch. He won the rematch and wasn't very keen of having to fight DC again immediately. In the end he accepted.

After that, it was clear his next fight should have been Ngannou. Stipe was clear that he didn't want to fight Ngannou because he already beat him decisively and he wanted to fight someone new, have a fresh opponent. But since there first fight Francis destroyed 4 tough opponents in less than 3 minutes while Stipe went 2-1 against DC. This already rubbed me the wrong way.

Now after getting murked by Francis, all of a sudden he thinks he deserves a rematch? The guy that complained when his opponents got them? The guy who wanted to fight someone new?

Despite of how I feel about this interim belt, the winner of that will face Francis. Stipe should really stop complaining and fight someone fresh like he wanted to. Make himself relevant again. Sitting by the sidelines, pouting about not getting a rematch will not do him any good. Fans are just gonna forget about him and he's already not that memorable.

As of now he's the guy that went 3-2 for the last three and a half years against two opponents.

To have a personal preference is one thing, to act (or not to act) on it is another. Stipe probably did want to fight somebody new — that is at least what his manager said (and by the way, one he no longer has). But when questioned Stipe ALWAYS said that he would fight whomever the UFC designated. And that is what he did. In olden days this would be called denying oneself to do one's duty. I guess nowadays that's called hypocrisy?

As to trying to claim for himself what he complained about in others — do you not see that any complaint is not about the thing itself, but the unequal favor shown in giving it? His what you call "immediate" rematch with Cormier was nothing like what Cormier got. Stipe's was grudgingly given after a length of time, with him being a convenient back-up plan after Lesnar punked out. Even then it was presented as at the whim of Cormier. Cormier's shot was his for the taking, a foregone conclusion as soon as he decided not to retire just yet...and something the UFC wasn't above threatening a man recovering from an eye injury with stripping his belt if he didn't sign to it soon enough.

Look, I'm one of the bigger Stipe stans on here and even I would prefer to see him fight someone else and new before he's given a shot at Francis again. But his stands have always been consistent and logical.

I love how people complain about how horrible the HW division is and in the same breath call Stipe the HW GOAT. So he's the GOAT of a shit division?

We all know Stipe isn't the biggest personality in the UFC, but he's a great fighter. And seeing him in some of the embeddeds, he seems like a fun and easy going guy. It took me a while but I became a fan of his.
Fighting prowess > media and personality

Also you mentioned the embeddeds and such, if anyone actually payed attention to Stipe the guy is actually fun. A blue collar man, beast of a MMA fighter, great all around guy oh and a firefighter... yea such a terrible situation all cause he is harder to understand and doesn't degrade his opponents.

"In the end he accepted" - that is all that matters, yea he was upset he got eye poked into eye surgery but he still took the fight.

One thing to say what you prefer.. but in the end he does what the company wants him to do. In fact when did Stipe ever handpicked an opponent or had enough sway to change what the UFC/Dana wanted next.

He is 1 on 1 with the guy and is considered the most accomplished UFC HW resume wise and belts wise.
Again you seem to be stuck on the "wanted, wished, expressed" his opinions in one way or the other but in the end make no mistake about it he didn't duck anyone and he never ever chose an opponent he got whatever was placed in front of him by the company.

Imo the interim belt winner will just be wasting time.
Lewis a brawler with a punchers chance that is it (way limited) and I don't think it its enough to win a tittle in 2021.
Or Gane a guy that needs another two years in the trenches before he should contend, just brand new at MMA and if rushed he will crush and burn just like Francis did in his first tittle shot.

Look, I'm one of the bigger Stipe stans on here and even I would prefer to see him fight someone else and new before he's given a shot at Francis again.
Did you just expressed your own preference in regards to a new opponent for Stipe ?
Well I'm just shocked...

tenor.gif

Well I'm sure the TS just saw it.<45>

Yes, but Ngannou lost as a contender while Stipe lost being the champion. It totally makes sense for him to push for a rematch. Not sure if the UFC will give him an immidiate one, but after Ngannou vs Lewis/Gane what else will they do?

None of these immediate rematches after getting KO'd / dominated have ever been "deserved".

Makes no sense.
Agree 100%. Seems like a majority are saying he deserves it based off of his resume. But outside of the favoritism, mma is what have you done for me lately. And the last thing Stipe did was get raped by fists.

I also lose respect for people who want to face the toughest opponent possible. Stipe should be requesting fights against the weakest people in the division. Much more respectable.

Stipe has the record for most times defended by UFC HW champion. That belt is cursed. Most people don't even defend it once. I wouldn't even be surprised if Francis never unifies the HW belt and he just get shelved.

Not that he cares about it, but now he's losing me as a fan and I'm sure there are other who will feel the same.

Agreed. He should fight Gane or another contender. He made dc wait a year. I think he's ducking Gane.

Fighting prowess > media and personality

Also you mentioned the embeddeds and such, if anyone actually payed attention to Stipe the guy is actually fun. A blue collar man, beast of a MMA fighter, great all around guy oh and a firefighter... yea such a terrible situation all cause he is harder to understand and doesn't degrade his opponents.

"In the end he accepted" - that is all that matters, yea he was upset he got eye poked into eye surgery but he still took the fight.

One thing to say what you prefer.. but in the end he does what the company wants him to do. In fact when did Stipe ever handpicked an opponent or had enough sway to change what the UFC/Dana wanted next.

He is 1 on 1 with the guy and is considered the most accomplished UFC HW resume wise and belts wise.
Again you seem to be stuck on the "wanted, wished, expressed" his opinions in one way or the other but in the end make no mistake about it he didn't duck anyone and he never ever chose an opponent he got whatever was placed in front of him by the company.

Imo the interim belt winner will just be wasting time.
Lewis a brawler with a punchers chance that is it (way limited) and I don't think it its enough to win a tittle in 2021.
Or Gane a guy that needs another two years in the trenches before he should contend, just brand new at MMA and if rushed he will crush and burn just like Francis did in his first tittle shot.
Like I said, I like him. I think he's quite funny. On the embeddeds when he talks to his wife and then hangs up, shit was very funny. I don't need all that trash talking I much prefer it when they can be respectful to their opponents. The Yanes vs Costa fight from last weekend is a great example to generate interest without trashing your opponents.

My issue with this is that he complained about giving DC a rematch and complained about giving Francis a rematch, but now expecting to get one himself. Eventhough DC is one of the best ever (and this comes from someone who's really not a fan of him) and Francis definitely deserved the title shot after what he did.

I think Stipe is one of the best heavyweights, but he should really stop whining and not sit this out. Because if he does he'll regret it and the division and fans will move on without him. Even if he wins one more fight, he'll get the shot after the winner of Gane vs Lewis fights Francis. But him sitting on the sidelines pouting is making it hard for me to stay a fan of him.

Don't act like the UFC gave him his immediate rematch with DC, they were more interested to put DC with Lesnar and Stipe had to wait to have that match. Do I need to remember you the stupid callout (when Stipe was still in the octagon) to have a them putting a very bad promo ?

Last edited:
Don't act like the UFC gave him his immediate rematch with DC, they were more interested to put DC with Lesnar and Stipe had to wait and battle to have that match .......
Battle what? He didn't fight anyone. He decided to sit on the side line and wait. And when he did get it, he was adverse of giving DC another shot after he won.

Back