Stipe being a hypocrite

We all know Stipe isn't the biggest personality in the UFC, but he's a great fighter. And seeing him in some of the embeddeds, he seems like a fun and easy going guy. It took me a while but I became a fan of his.

Not that he cares about it, but now he's losing me as a fan and I'm sure there are other who will feel the same.

His recent comments about him deserving a rematch with Ngannou just rub me the wrong way. After DC beat him to win the title the UFC gave him an immediate rematch. He won the rematch and wasn't very keen of having to fight DC again immediately. In the end he accepted.

After that, it was clear his next fight should have been Ngannou. Stipe was clear that he didn't want to fight Ngannou because he already beat him decisively and he wanted to fight someone new, have a fresh opponent. But since there first fight Francis destroyed 4 tough opponents in less than 3 minutes while Stipe went 2-1 against DC. This already rubbed me the wrong way.

Now after getting murked by Francis, all of a sudden he thinks he deserves a rematch? The guy that complained when his opponents got them? The guy who wanted to fight someone new?

Despite of how I feel about this interim belt, the winner of that will face Francis. Stipe should really stop complaining and fight someone fresh like he wanted to. Make himself relevant again. Sitting by the sidelines, pouting about not getting a rematch will not do him any good. Fans are just gonna forget about him and he's already not that memorable.

As of now he's the guy that went 3-2 for the last three and a half years against two opponents.
He is in a fantasy world if he thinks getting brutally KTFO like that earns him a rematch.
I don't want to see him fight Ngannou again, it will be worse next time and not safe for him.
He can do another fight against a contender which he will likely lose, then sail off to the sunset.

you do realize how stupid you sound when you talk about his HW record when he moved to LHW for the next 4 years, so it is utterly irrelevant the fact he was "undefeated" at HW.
And who did he beat in his "undefeated career at HW? A declining Mir? A declining Roy Nelson? So please spare me with this bullshit.

Same for "Miocic was injured" crap. DC had already refused to rematch Miocic. had they set up an imediate rematch he would not have fought Lewis.

So yeah, say what you want, Miocic did not like the fact he wasn't given an immediate rematch after beating the UFC record for most title defenses at HW and after giving DC an UNDESERVING title shot. And I do think he did deserve it, especially coming from a promotion who had an history of awarding immediate title rematches to plenty of undeserving champions.
And from DC, who got a title shot from Miocic when he was just moving up. IMHO one good deed deserves another, and DC was utterly selfish in that regard.

So please spare me with your hateful and biased outlook when we both know you are being very dishonest.
First of all, how am I being dishonest. Tell me what I said that was a lie. Show me where I'm being hateful towards Stipe. Just because I don't like immediate rematches doesn't mean I hate Stipe. I didn't want to see Stipe vs DC 3 either. Hell, I didn't even want to see Shogun get an immediate rematch with Machida even though I thought he won the first fight. It ties up the division too much and if a fighter is good enough they'll get back to the title in a fight or two anyway. You mistake my dislike of rematches with a bias against Stipe. Do I like Stipe less because he lobbied so hard for a rematch? Yeah, I probably do.

As for "Stipe being injured", I never said he was injured. I said he was suspended, because that's what happens when you lose via TKO. 90 days no contact is the standard medical suspension from a tko. That means Stipe wouldn't be allowed to fight or train for 90 days, which means he couldn't be scheduled for a fight during that time either. And if he takes a 3 month camp, that means a minimum of 6 months from his loss before he can realistically fight again. His second fight with DC was 1 year after their first. He could have taken a fight, he didn't. Do I think DC and Stipe should have fought someone else before they fought each other again? Yeah, I do. And DC did it. Stipe did not. For the record, Stipe could have fought someone 6 months after he fought DC, and then still fought DC a year after their initial fight. But that's not what happened.

And as for DC deserving a title shot, how did you feel about all of the other title fights that happened where guys had no fights or wins in the division? DC had a deeper history at HW than most people trying to be 2 division champions. But OK, fine. You can have that opinion, but how do you feel about guys getting a title shot coming off a loss? Because Stipe did that in the rematch. And he's campaigning for another as we speak.

How long is Stipe going to be deserving of immediate rematches? What if he rematches Francis and then loses to Gane? Does he just keep getting rematches until he loses twice in a row? What about the next guy who gets a couple defenses? What if Stipe gets injured and a guy comes in and wins an interim title and defends it 3 times, do Stipe and that guy just fight eachother until one gets 2 wins in a row until eternity?

First of all, how am I being dishonest. Tell me what I said that was a lie. Show me where I'm being hateful towards Stipe. Just because I don't like immediate rematches doesn't mean I hate Stipe. I didn't want to see Stipe vs DC 3 either. Hell, I didn't even want to see Shogun get an immediate rematch with Machida even though I thought he won the first fight. It ties up the division too much and if a fighter is good enough they'll get back to the title in a fight or two anyway. You mistake my dislike of rematches with a bias against Stipe. Do I like Stipe less because he lobbied so hard for a rematch? Yeah, I probably do.

As for "Stipe being injured", I never said he was injured. I said he was suspended, because that's what happens when you lose via TKO. 90 days no contact is the standard medical suspension from a tko. That means Stipe wouldn't be allowed to fight or train for 90 days, which means he couldn't be scheduled for a fight during that time either. And if he takes a 3 month camp, that means a minimum of 6 months from his loss before he can realistically fight again. His second fight with DC was 1 year after their first. He could have taken a fight, he didn't. Do I think DC and Stipe should have fought someone else before they fought each other again? Yeah, I do. And DC did it. Stipe did not. For the record, Stipe could have fought someone 6 months after he fought DC, and then still fought DC a year after their initial fight. But that's not what happened.

And as for DC deserving a title shot, how did you feel about all of the other title fights that happened where guys had no fights or wins in the division? DC had a deeper history at HW than most people trying to be 2 division champions. But OK, fine. You can have that opinion, but how do you feel about guys getting a title shot coming off a loss? Because Stipe did that in the rematch. And he's campaigning for another as we speak.

How long is Stipe going to be deserving of immediate rematches? What if he rematches Francis and then loses to Gane? Does he just keep getting rematches until he loses twice in a row? What about the next guy who gets a couple defenses? What if Stipe gets injured and a guy comes in and wins an interim title and defends it 3 times, do Stipe and that guy just fight eachother until one gets 2 wins in a row until eternity?
OK, look.
Let us separate things.
I dislike immediate rematches as well. But some, I think are warranted (i.e. a controversial decision such as (to give a current example, Yan & Sterling. (or Machida & Rua).

HOWEVER, I do think you are being dishonest by not providing the proper context.
"DC is undefeated at HW" - but fail to note that was 4 years prior, and that he did not fight any real top guys (i.e. what Gane is doing).
"Stipe was suspended" - Yes. But had they agreed on a rematch, DC would not pick the fight against Lewis so fast.
And "Stipe could have fought someone else" - No, he could not. The UFC is the one who forced him to rematch DC right away, so take as long or as little as he wanted, he would have fought DC next.

The main issue here is not Stipe. It was the UFC, who wanted DC over Stipe as a champion. Probably to keep DC fighting, or for him to retire him as a champion, I don't know. But it is obvious the UFC never really liked Stipe as their champ.

And like I said, I do agree Stipe should fight someone else now. Especially since the UFC is pushing for this asinine interim HW champion, so we know Francis will have to face the winner of that match next.
Maybe Jon would be a good adversary for Stipe. But again, the UFC is not really pushing for Stipe to fight soon, and he does have another job.
So why can't he lobby for the belt? Isn't it what the UFC did for Masvidal? Or Colby? Sit out long enough, you get a title shot?

So no, I don't blame him for trying to get more than he deserve. That's what he SHOULD do. Aim high, try to get something good.
I blame the UFC for creating BS Interim belts, for giving undeserving title shots and making a mess of divisions for profit.
Or did you forget what they did for MW, when Bisping had 4 great top contenders (Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare & Romero) and the UFC put it on hold for almost a year just to setup Bisping & GSP?
So this is not news, and it is on the UFC, not the fighters.

He's 1-1 with Ngannou, and he (Stipe) is the UFC hw GOAT (that's not even questionable, it's a fact).

So why wouldn't he feel entitled to have a rematch with Ngannou? He's absolutely entitled to feeling so.

he got so outclassed that’s y only punch stipe landed was one that got him KOd

I mean, he's right. They are 1-1. They should have a 3rd fight and settle it. If anyone is being hypocrite its the UFC (who LOVES trilogy fights when it suits them).

Yea, you're not a Stipe fan. Losing to Ngannou suddenly makes him irrelevant ? He is the HW goat and became that recently. He is also 1-1 against Ngannou, had the 2 best showings against him and still has the best chance out of all the HW's to beat him.
And he didn't get the "immediate" rematch against DC. They wanted to skip him and have DC fight Lesnar. Only when that went tits up did they give it to Stipe. Now it's Gane/Lewis next against Ngannou and they will surely try to squeeze Jones in there somewhere. So Stipe absolutely should be making a stink and demand his rematch because it's obvious whey want to skip him again. In fact, i think he isn't making a big enough noise.

And "Stipe could have fought someone else" - No, he could not. The UFC is the one who forced him to rematch DC right away, so take as long or as little as he wanted, he would have fought DC next.
Yeah, pretty sure Stipe was offered a different fight or two and turned them down while lobbying for the DC rematch, and then lobbied against the third fight. He could have fought someone else. He just didn't.

Also, you can try to "whatabout Bispbing" all you want, that doesn't change anything about Stipe's actions. Yeah, the UFC match makes however it wants, and create interim titles on a whim, but again, Stipe's actions are what the topic is here. He did things to get rematches without working his way back into contention. Other times guys get title shots and maybe they didn't earn them, but that's really outside the scope of this conversation.

Yeah, pretty sure Stipe was offered a different fight or two and turned them down while lobbying for the DC rematch, and then lobbied against the third fight. He could have fought someone else. He just didn't.

Also, you can try to "whatabout Bispbing" all you want, that doesn't change anything about Stipe's actions. Yeah, the UFC match makes however it wants, and create interim titles on a whim, but again, Stipe's actions are what the topic is here. He did things to get rematches without working his way back into contention. Other times guys get title shots and maybe they didn't earn them, but that's really outside the scope of this conversation.
Again, your miopic view does not change the fact that the UFC awards title shots for those who wait. Try to avoid the Bisping example, it still does not erase the fact that the UFC has no problem putting a division on hold for a match they deem more profitable.
Besides, you can be as mad as you want, Stipe must do what's best for Stipe. Not what you want.
And being champion means a lot more money. so why should he go through the grind when waiting around gets him the same result?

it is the UFC job to not make a mockery of the sport awarding undeserving title shots for the sake of profit.
Had they applied the same rules for everyone, there would be no fighters sitting around until they get a match they want.
If all fighters knew that sitting around would not help, then they would have looked for a quick turnaround so they get back on the win column and a plea for the title shot.

And no, you can be as sure as you want, the UFC said DC would get a rematch as soon as the second fight was over. So Stipe knew who he would fight next.

Back