Stipe Beats DC this time

Stipe should pulse and train head kicks. Steal Jon's playbook.

I would like him to but he is going to get finished even quicker this time.

Dude is chinny, his power overrated and he is a part time fighter on top of his lack of activity.

He tried to make excuses recently for his loss saying he got tired and made a mistake.

Got tired? After a few minutes? Damn. That statement did the opposite for me and sapped any confidence I had him in.

Being a part timer fucked up Stipe. And I will always be bitter over his squandered potential. His own doing.

He is getting slept. Again.

Dude is chinny, his power overrated and he is a part time fighter on top of his lack of activity.

He tried to make excuses recently for his loss saying he got tired and made a mistake.

Got tired? After a few minutes? Damn. That statement did the opposite for me and sapped any confidence I had him in.

Being a part timer fucked up Stipe. And I will always be bitter over his squandered potential. His own doing.

UFC Heavyweight champ with the longest recorded defending run is considered "squandered potential" around here?
LMFAO

DC dominates him every day & twice on Sunday.
It's funny how in the first fight most people voted for Stipe. DC came in as the underdog.

All of a sudden Stipe is a can and DC runs him over any day of the week. I wonder why.

I'd be curious to see all of you guys comments leading up to the first fight.

What the fuck is up with the casual attitude around here when it comes to Stipe?
Guy is a monster. Super well rounded, power, wrestling, fight IQ, and a huge run at HW.

Cormier eye poked him and caught him (not hating on DC... shit happens) but Stipe can certainly beat DC.
Stipe wins via 2nd Round TKO

oh hey there....
iu
AND Stipe was EASILY winning the first one, like the numbers tell us. Numbers don't lie. Stipe got fucked up because of his defense (or BRICKS inside gloves, who knows huh, I don't doubt it tbh), BUT we need to emphasize that was AFTER a deliberate criminal eyepoke followed by a lucky punch.

WAR STIPE!! HUMILIATE AND KTFO HIM!!

It will be easy, wait and see. Cormier's fans are trembling since the announcement of this clearly undesired fight.

Last edited:
Inactivity, man.

It hurts a fighter's stock.
Actually ya, I don't really like how he held out so long for the DC rematch. This trash talk was happening before that though. Everytime Stipe fought someone, the majority picked against him. I made some good cash off Stipe's run with my bookie though so whatever.
this kind of time out is not unusual if you look at stipe's career.

hes a full time fighter, part time fire fighter. cant believe people still get this wrong
stipe had his lights put out twice by punches that weren't noteworthy while it took JJ the perfect set up headkick with around 5-10 seconds of hard GNP to put DC out. DC took flush Rumble punches and made Derrik Lewis look like a bitch
stipe has been unconscious one time, not sure where you got that from. DC's hook that KO'd him was perfect btw. perfect hook.
Man I think DC wins again too

Stipe has a shot
20-60% max

DC hits harder. Better wrestling. Better cardio. And has the momentum and confidence knowing he won already
lmao DC hits harder?

sherdog is on drugs today

What the fuck is up with the casual attitude around here when it comes to Stipe?
Guy is a monster. Super well rounded, power, wrestling, fight IQ, and a huge run at HW.

Cormier eye poked him and caught him (not hating on DC... shit happens) but Stipe can certainly beat DC.

oh hey there....
iu

I'm a stipe and DC fan but this win was tainted for me. he had eye poking in his game plan. Probably asked himself how does a guy like stipe lose to a scrub like Struve?, oh he really doesn't like eye pokes..
upload_2019-5-16_11-24-41.png
upload_2019-5-16_11-25-3.png
fingers out always
upload_2019-5-16_11-25-20.png
upload_2019-5-16_11-25-33.png
fingers in face
upload_2019-5-16_11-25-52.png
upload_2019-5-16_11-26-16.png
upload_2019-5-16_11-26-28.png

this one most damning

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 11.28.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 11.28.07 AM.png
    492.7 KB · Views: 2

hes a full time fighter, part time fire fighter. cant believe people still get this wrong

stipe has been unconscious one time, not sure where you got that from. DC's hook that KO'd him was perfect btw. perfect hook.

lmao DC hits harder?

Struve's pitter patter> stipers chin ; you smoking crack

UFC Heavyweight champ with the longest recorded defending run is considered "squandered potential" around here?
LMFAO
Omg 3 title defenses vs the prior record of 2 omggg!!!!111

Yes. Squandered potential. I'm saying Stipe could have been so much better if he was fully dedicated to fighting and not saving lives.

That's not a knock on him. I'm saying his ceiling was so much more than what he demonstrated.

I'm a stipe and DC fan but this win was tainted for me. he had eye poking in his game plan. Probably asked himself how does a guy like stipe lose to a scrub like Struve?, oh he really doesn't like eye pokes..
View attachment 583495
View attachment 583499
fingers out always
View attachment 583501
View attachment 583503
fingers in face
View attachment 583505
View attachment 583507
View attachment 583509

this one most damning

I'm just gonna pull a page out of the book of Jon Jones; he still won, hw goat, natty goat, no peds ever, middle age man taking out young lions like they aint shit

lmao DC hits harder?

Oh yeah it isnt uncommon for any fighter really, but im just saying "out of sight out of mind" in 2019 is a thing unless you're very precious few

And in that guy's defense...Stipe has like a short and straight punching technique. It works really well even when hes moving back, but he doesn't "Dan Henderson" people

you talking about the standing TKO? where stipe didnt even get dropped?

thats 'lights put out' to you?

huh
You watch it recently? the cage keeps him from falling to his face momentarily, as he constantly drops to the canvas as struve rains punches on him

You smoking crack or what boy

BTW, can you give us some fight analysis a little bit more comprehensive than "he will win, TKO round 2"? How is he going to win? Will he use jabs and straights to keep range - similar to how Cowboy just beat Al I? Or will he be willing to fight inside like he usually will do, but be more cognizant of Cormier's clinch game?

Give us something more than "OMG, he's a beast, he can win if it weren't for eye pokes". Or do you actually 100% believe that the loss was a direct result of eye pokes and nothing more, and therefore if eye pokes don't play a role, he will win?

EDIT: For example, 2 posts above, @Yacob gives a good analysis. He points how how well Stipe uses short punches. Feel free to borrow from or elaborate on that. OTOH, that plays directly into Cormier's game of getting close and clinching. So what does Stipe do with that knowledge?

You watch it recently? the cage keeps him from falling to his face momentarily, as he constantly drops to the canvas as struve rains punches on him

You smoking crack or what boy
drops to the canvas? rains punches? he literally wasnt dropped in the fight.

I dunno who wins but if stipe got kod stiff within 30seconds that would be great

Knockout victories over Hunt, JDS, Arlovski, Overeem, etc. Most title defenses in the heavyweight division.

"Squandered potential."

I'm just gonna pull a page out of the book of Jon Jones; he still won, hw goat, natty goat, no peds ever, middle age man taking out young lions like they aint shit

Ya I'm still a big fan for all those reasons

Omg 3 title defenses vs the prior record of 2 omggg!!!!111

Yes. Squandered potential. I'm saying Stipe could have been so much better if he was fully dedicated to fighting and not saving lives.

That's not a knock on him. I'm saying his ceiling was so much more than what he demonstrated.

His career is not yet over. He took a year for inactivity. Happens to nearly everyone.

Back