Stipe Beats DC this time

I think this fight is one of those fights of "who has the tougher chin" and while both guys are tough, I think Stipe has been shown to be a bit more susceptible than Cormier. I could see it going either way, but my gut tells me Cormier comes out on top again. I do hope the eye pokes are monitored better.

You call 60% a shot? I guess math wasn’t your best subject in school, eh?

No, he's calling anywhere between 20-60% MAX.......which also makes no sense. You could just then say 60% Max. Or Say between 20-60% which also makes no sense b/c that's a HUGE range for winning a fight. lol.

I'd give Stipe like a 35% chance. I'm guessing the odds show about that as well. I'm thinking DC would be probably a -250 or something to Stipe +190. I don't know if I'm way off on that.

Actually ya, I don't really like how he held out so long for the DC rematch. This trash talk was happening before that though. Everytime Stipe fought someone, the majority picked against him. I made some good cash off Stipe's run with my bookie though so whatever.

let's see the slip.

salty stipe going to sleep again. DC's too fast and too smart.

Stipe like Weidman is in denial about his poor striking defense and weak chin. I don't think so. DC is too durable. If he can survive Rumble's onslaught, he can survive Stipe. Stipe can't last 5 rounds without getting one on the chin.

He COULD win. but he is kinda chinny. DC is durable and packs power. I think DC puts him away again. I think Stipe will have trouble because of how good DC's chin and cardio are in combiation with his wrestling and power.
Well, DC is a little chinny himself.

He doesn't have equal boxing and Stipe has enough wrestling to negate DC's grappling. I think Stipe gets some combos off and wilts DC over two rounds. DC caught him in the first fight fair and square but I really do think Stipe rallies in this one and gets it done

how do you figure they dont have equal boxing? DC's stand up is pretty good man and he was landing on stipe from range before the knock out. Stipe has good offensive boxing but does get hit a lot. Actually, DC has never been outboxed or knocked out with punches. I would say its pretty close.

I think stipe has the edge in length, and kicks but thats pretty much the end of his advantages.

Stipe like Weidman is in denial about his poor striking defense and weak chin. I don't think so. DC is too durable. If he can survive Rumble's onslaught, he can survive Stipe. Stipe can't last 5 rounds without getting one on the chin.
stipedefense.gif
stipedefense2.gif
stipedefense3.gif
stipedefense4.gif
stipedefense5.gif

stipe's a lot better than rumble

JS tho

Well, DC is a little chinny himself.

your the seocnd person here to say that..what makes you think that? a flush head kick? a knee to the chin? or a bomb from rumble? i dont think hes chinny

Stipe has been flash Kod by a short hook from Overeem, Kod by DC (OUT COLD) and tkod by struve. hes also been hurt in a lot of other fights. this isnt about stipe though as you just brought up DC..what makes you say that? the shots that had him hurt would have killed a normal man

stipe had his lights put out twice by punches that weren't noteworthy while it took JJ the perfect set up headkick with around 5-10 seconds of hard GNP to put DC out. DC took flush Rumble punches and made Derrik Lewis look like a bitch
DC got dropped HARD by Gus right at the end of the round. He is just as chinny.

If Stipe wants to win this fight, he has to bring more than a right hand. His right hand has been good enough to beat nearly everyone in his path up to this point. His right hand wasn't enough for Ngannou, but he used take downs to gain the edge. Any time Stipe wanted to get Ngannou to the ground or needed to get him to the ground, he did. Stipe has a big frame, and good hand/eye, but his defensive boxing isn't by the book. He almost always uses his reach, not head movement or parries, to avoid punches. Stipe did show improved head movement against Ngannou (mostly ducking and turning) but reverted to previous tendencies during the DC fight (in and out).

DC leaned away, turned or basically blocked every right straight thrown at his head. DC is smart; he knows Stipe's only weapon is the right hand. When Stipe needs to get the DC fight to the ground, he doesn't have the wrestling option.

Stipe needs to work his jab, the right to the body, and his kicks. Jon was able do beat DC using variety. Right now, that's the only successful blue print on defeating DC.

Stipe by brutal KO and DC leaves crying again.

your the seocnd person here to say that..what makes you think that? a flush head kick? a knee to the chin? or a bomb from rumble? i dont think hes chinny

Stipe has been flash Kod by a short hook from Overeem, Kod by DC (OUT COLD) and tkod by struve. hes also been hurt in a lot of other fights. this isnt about stipe though as you just brought up DC..what makes you say that? the shots that had him hurt would have killed a normal man
He is just as chinny. And he did not drop from the knee in the Gus fight it was the uppercut on the chin. DC said so himself.

Hey i'm a massive Stipe fan, because he looks like me.. But in the end i'd bet on D.C. any day.. after losing money on him the first time around lol..

I don't get the DC always beats Stipe narrative either, Stipe was winning the fight till the eye poke. He had a terrible gameplan though and hopefully he fights to his own strengths(boxing, fighting at range) rather than fight DC at where he's best(in the clinch).

It's funny how in the first fight most people voted for Stipe. DC came in as the underdog.

All of a sudden Stipe is a can and DC runs him over any day of the week. I wonder why.

I'd be curious to see all of you guys comments leading up to the first fight.

Go have a look, I said dc would win. Fair enough I didn't think he'd starch him in a round. But Stipe is so overated because he beat some aging hws.

Stipe is a decent fighter but dc is just better than him, doesn't make Stipe a can by any means. But outside of a lucky punch I don't believe he'd beat dc no matter how often they fight.

He is just as chinny. And he did not drop from the knee in the Gus fight it was the uppercut on the chin. DC said so himself.

i guess we can just agree to disagree. I think DC has a better chin than stipe.
sGpFwmv.gif

looks like the knee started it and the punch finished it but even still..he wsnt ever really "out of it" he got to work before he hit the ground fuly. When stipe is rocked its bad or over

struve+miocic+ko.gif

tumblr_odcgvbfacu1qa33wlo1_500.gif

GIF-UFG.gif

maybe its his more aggressive style that gets him hit in bad spots. Even in fights he wins he displays some super bad tendencies (mostly when they are hurt), like running in and even jumping at this opp....either way we just disagree i think DC chin is MUCH better than Stipe's

THIS. Stipe's chin is straight up in the air always, but problem with HW the guys are so slow and not very skilled, but Cormier is one of the very few legit and skilled HW's and has really fast hands, his hand speed for HW is epic, Stipe will get dropped hard time after time again.

Back