Stipe Beats DC this time

I consider DC a little chinny to. Lets see which one holds up!
I just see a lot of people on these boards talkin' about Stipe like he's just lucky and doesn't have real skills and that's just trash.

DC chinny? He's been stopped one time from a head kick...

I'm a stipe and DC fan but this win was tainted for me. he had eye poking in his game plan. Probably asked himself how does a guy like stipe lose to a scrub like Struve?, oh he really doesn't like eye pokes..
View attachment 583495
View attachment 583499
fingers out always
View attachment 583501
View attachment 583503
fingers in face
View attachment 583505
View attachment 583507
View attachment 583509

this one most damning

Stupid cormier! I hope Stipe knocks him out cold... Etim's style!!!

i guess we can just agree to disagree. I think DC has a better chin than stipe.
sGpFwmv.gif

looks like the knee started it and the punch finished it but even still..he wsnt ever really "out of it" he got to work before he hit the ground fuly. When stipe is rocked its bad or over

struve+miocic+ko.gif

tumblr_odcgvbfacu1qa33wlo1_500.gif

GIF-UFG.gif

maybe its his more aggressive style that gets him hit in bad spots. Even in fights he wins he displays some super bad tendencies (mostly when they are hurt), like running in and even jumping at this opp....either way we just disagree i think DC chin is MUCH better than Stipe's
I disagree I think they are the same.
But we don't have to agree on everything. If we did it would get pretty boring around here.
I just think DC has better defense. He holds his head right and generally keeps his hands up.
Stipe does not have the best posture, but he can knock someone out going backwards which is insanely hard to do.

Lol I can't wait to bump this once Cormier sleeps Miocic again

DC dominates him every day & twice on Sunday. Stipe will be wary of DC's power this time which will open him up to DC's grappling. Yeah Stipe can look good wrestling against a guy like Francis, but DC is on another level.

Did you see him wrestling Cormier in the first fight? He was tossing him around like he was his bitch.... Stipe's size is going to be a huge factor in whether or not DC's wrestling will be effective. The only reason why DC even resorted to throwing fists was because Stipe stuffed his every takedown attempt....

I disagree I think they are the same.
But we don't have to agree on everything. If we did it would get pretty boring around here.
I just think DC has better defense. He holds his head right and generally keeps his hands up.
Stipe does not have the best posture, but he can knock someone out going backwards which is insanely hard to do.

no sir. you are correct. I just finished my home work and the chins are the same. I admit i was wrong. It is 100% Stipes striking defense (see the post i litearlly just made). Good call bro, gotta admit when im wrong. I think i just looked at outcomes and not the cause of the problem.

I think people just realize now that DC is an all-time great, and Stipe is just a really good heavyweight.

Could Stipe win? Of course. Unlikely though. DC is better pretty much everywhere. Faster, more durable, better wrestler, probably more power, and UNDEFEATED AT HW. DC is a compact little monster and I think Stipe's gonna have a hard time hurting him enough to win. I see DC getting on top of Stipe this time and landing some serious GNP.

If Stipe wants to win this fight, he has to bring more than a right hand. His right hand has been good enough to beat nearly everyone in his path up to this point. His right hand wasn't enough for Ngannou, but he used take downs to gain the edge. Any time Stipe wanted to get Ngannou to the ground or needed to get him to the ground, he did. Stipe has a big frame, and good hand/eye, but his defensive boxing isn't by the book. He almost always uses his reach, not head movement or parries, to avoid punches. Stipe did show improved head movement against Ngannou (mostly ducking and turning) but reverted to previous tendencies during the DC fight (in and out).

DC leaned away, turned or basically blocked every right straight thrown at his head. DC is smart; he knows Stipe's only weapon is the right hand. When Stipe needs to get the DC fight to the ground, he doesn't have the wrestling option.

Stipe needs to work his jab, the right to the body, and his kicks. Jon was able do beat DC using variety. Right now, that's the only successful blue print on defeating DC.
Stipe will definitely take his time and pick his shots better this time around. He has a good jab, a quick low leg kick, and I'm not convinced he'll lose the ground game

Stipe should pulse and train head kicks. Steal Jon's playbook.
Stipe has a 39 inch leg reach. He can’t throw head kicks. Otherwise you would’ve seen it already

Knockout victories over Hunt, JDS, Arlovski, Overeem, etc. Most title defenses in the heavyweight division.

"Squandered potential."

An epic 3 title defenses and got ktfo on his 4th attempt in the 1st round. Wowwww.

Beat a bunch of old and/or shot dudes and one with a really bad chin (arlovski ) who got annihilated by Brett rogers even when he was younger and closer to his prime.

Also got tko'd by Struve of all people.

I guess I have a much higher opinion of Stipe's true ceiling than you do.

What the fuck is up with the casual attitude around here when it comes to Stipe?
Guy is a monster. Super well rounded, power, wrestling, fight IQ, and a huge run at HW.

Cormier eye poked him and caught him (not hating on DC... shit happens) but Stipe can certainly beat DC.
Stipe wins via 2nd Round TKO
I mean, I was convinced JDS would tool Velasquez in their rematch. So I try not to make assumptions in rematches anymore.

However, I think this comes down to DC's conditioning. If he hasn't started to decline yet, I see him winning again.

An epic 3 title defenses and got ktfo on his 4th attempt in the 1st round. Wowwww.

Beat a bunch of old and/or shot dudes and one with a really bad chin (arlovski ) who got annihilated by Brett rogers even when he was younger and closer to his prime.

Also got tko'd by Struve of all people.

I guess I have a much higher opinion of Stipe's true ceiling than you do.

Typical strawman argument which presumes that everyone is either overrated, over the hill or has no chin - ergo no victories are of merit and everyone sucks.

Typical strawman argument which presumes that everyone is either overrated, over the hill or has no chin - ergo no victories are of merit and everyone sucks.

No. Going by their history and records that's absolutely true that those aren't some monumental victories at the time Stipe did it.

All you did was name drop and referenced the completely irrelevant low defense stat in a low skill division.

Beating Francis was his only super great victory. Werdum to a lesser extent as it was a flukey on the latter's part for charging in stupidly.

It's funny you think I'm saying Stipe sucks. I am saying I think his potential IS WAY higher than what he has shown.

What the fuck is up with the casual attitude around here when it comes to Stipe?
Guy is a monster. Super well rounded, power, wrestling, fight IQ, and a huge run at HW.

Cormier eye poked him and caught him (not hating on DC... shit happens) but Stipe can certainly beat DC.
Stipe wins via 2nd Round TKO

oh hey there....
iu

Only place Stipe can beat DC is at the buffet line. Stipe loses again by humiliating TKO.

It's so annoying when people make these bold predictions for HW fights. Shit's basically a coinflip and you act like you're some kind of Nostradamus for being 'right'.

No. Going by their history and records that's absolutely true that those aren't some monumental victories at the time Stipe did it.

All you did was name drop and referenced the completely irrelevant low defense stat in a low skill division.

Beating Francis was his only super great victory. Werdum to a lesser extent as it was a flukey on the latter's part for charging in stupidly.

It's funny you think I'm saying Stipe sucks. I am saying I think his potential IS WAY higher than what he has shown.
Stipe forced werdums actions in that
fight

Did you see him wrestling Cormier in the first fight? He was tossing him around like he was his bitch.... Stipe's size is going to be a huge factor in whether or not DC's wrestling will be effective. The only reason why DC even resorted to throwing fists was because Stipe stuffed his every takedown attempt....
What fight were you watching bro? Stipe went for a takedown almost took DC down then got reversed instantly. If Stipe really wants to play that game for any extended period of time, DC would be happy to oblige. Stipe was breathing like a fight kid after 2 rounds of grappling Francis.

Back