Still mad: BJ vs Edgar 1

The fact that anyone to this day thinks BJ beat GSP blows my mind. He lost round 2 and round 3. His round 1 success was also extremely overrated. All of the damage GSP received was from one punch, clipping and breaking his nose and people act like BJ beat GSP's ass because of his face..... It all literally happened from one strike.

I agree that GSP won that fight no questions, but BJ had the momentum and could have won that fight if he didn't start to fade. Although same could be said in many of his fights. With better S&C BJ would have been hard to beat. Imagine round 1 BJ, every round. I do agree though that GSP's face excuse was overly talked about.

Edgar won. I remember thinking the judges were going to screw it up because it was BJ and he's a fan favorite. Still had him losing though, and the rematch pretty much solidified who the better fighter is.

The fact that anyone to this day thinks BJ beat GSP blows my mind. He lost round 2 and round 3. His round 1 success was also extremely overrated. All of the damage GSP received was from one punch, clipping and breaking his nose and people act like BJ beat GSP's ass because of his face..... It all literally happened from one strike.
Exactly, he landed a nasty eye poke, then clipped GSP on the nose. That is literally all he did the entire fight.

Had BJ winning but there’s been worse decisions. At least both fighters can make a case in this one.

I agree. He took a lot of damage in his fight with Diaz. First time I've seen him with some serious damage on his face for show.
Yah for sure, I remember even Dana saying that too. But damn he gave nick hell in the first round.

~DaViD~

This is a shameless myth.

Your No Rush took advantage of the UFC MMA Scoring ideology: in this environment, u only need to secure a TD, then L&P to somehow "steal" the round.

I think there´s nuthin´more shameless in MMA than workin´hard to get a TD, jus´to do...nuthin with it...even standing up after havin´wasted 60-90 sec...And that´s what No Rush did in the 1st Round.

Your No Rush got completely exposed by a LW in the 1st Rd, then L&Ped in the 2nd, doin nuthin substancial, and in the 3rd saw nearly all his leg kicks (that´s all the did in this fight) checked, and L&Ping again.

Lame for a WW vs a LW.

Both boring and over rated. Outcome mattered none either way.

Exactly, he landed a nasty eye poke, then clipped GSP on the nose. That is literally all he did the entire fight.
Another BS myth here.

it was only one "eye poke", and unintentional> was not an extended finger, was the result of a left hook, probably a knuckle or the thumb grazing No Rush´s eye.

BJ - thumb 1.png

BJ - thumb 2.png

BJ - thumb 3.png

BJ - thumb 4.png

BJ - thumb 5.png

BJ fan here. If he wanted to rectify that decision he should've won the second match instead of getting his ass handed to him harder.

Technically he maybe should have won the first fight, but by the end of the fight he was done, he had absolutely nothing left.

Agreed. I watched the fight again a couple of years ago and still thought BJ won. You're spot on with your observations. BJ's check left hook landed almost every time Frankie would try and go in on the inside trying to land combos.

This is a shameless myth.

Your No Rush took advantage of the UFC MMA Scoring ideology: in this environment, u only need to secure a TD, then L&P to somehow "steal" the round.

I think there´s nuthin´more shameless in MMA than workin´hard to get a TD, jus´to do...nuthin with it...even standing up after havin´wasted 60-90 sec...And that´s what No Rush did in the 1st Round.

Your No Rush got completely exposed by a LW in the 1st Rd, then L&Ped in the 2nd, doin nuthin substancial, and in the 3rd saw nearly all his leg kicks (that´s all the did in this fight) checked, and L&Ping again.

Lame for a WW vs a LW.

Yawn

that was the beginning of the end for bj. outside of the GSP rematch, bj was owning 155 until that controversial loss to edgar. bj made the mistake of duplicating the exact strategy of fight #1 against edgar and all edgar had to do was make a couple of adjustments and won the second fight all the way.

if bj gets the win in the first fight, he possibly faces gray maynard and then benson henderson. those would of been epic fights. what would of been.

Another BS myth here.

it was only one "eye poke", and unintentional> was not an extended finger, was the result of a left hook, probably a knuckle or the thumb grazing No Rush´s eye.
Certainly not a myth. Totally not intentional at all, but BJ definitely got in GSPs eye one way or another, I think it was the thumb, and that fucked with GSPs vision. From there, BJ did nothing and lost the fight.

Bullchit decision that changed BJs career.

50-45 from one judge? Really?

Bj constantly landed the jab and counter left hook and Frankie basically traced the black line inside the octagon over and over for all 5 rounds, darting in and out with pitty pat punches.

Frankie won 1 round, maybe 2 but come the fuqq on.

You have Joe Rogan gushing in his pants about Frankies movement...FUQQ OFF!

If it goes the way it should've, with BJ keeping his title, There is no rematch and Bj smashes Grey Maynard and Bendo.

Fuqqin point fighting bullchit!
crying-baby-istock660.jpg

Back in the day BJ Penn fans would have made McGregor fans look like well adjusted non-infatuated heterosexuals.

Never saw such a bunch of excuse making queers in my life. In their eyes BJ losses were always on account of him being robbed, his opponent cheating or just didn't count because they weren't at lightweight.

These are the facts:

BJ Penn was notoriously lazy and chose to surround himself with sycophants and yes-boys who did nothing but blow smoke up his ass. Because he refused to take responsibility for his losses he never improved or fixed the holes in his game. As for his hero status for fighting above his "natural weightclass", he was too undisciplined to consistantly put in the work to cut to lightweight. Basically it was hard and he didn't want to do it.

BJ Penn is the most overrated fighter in the history of MMA.

Certainly not a myth. Totally not intentional at all, but BJ definitely got in GSPs eye one way or another, I think it was the thumb, and that fucked with GSPs vision. From there, BJ did nothing and lost the fight.

Did nothing? He landed his jab pretty much at will. He gassed in the 2nd and faded from there, but he was piecing Georges up in the first.

How was it a split decision if he did nothing?

Edgar is a much better fighter than BJ Penn ever was..

I always wondered if Positive Balance still posted here

Now we know he does

Back