Still mad: BJ vs Edgar 1

Serious question: what about Edgar-Aldo II ?
Edgar was more active, was pushing forward and Aldo outstruck him in only one round.
And somehow it was unanimous decision.
I mean, how did we miss that robbery?

I agree that BJ beat Frankie in their first fight, but it's a moot point since Frankie dominated the 2 subsequent rematches.

Your tears are delicious....

Anyone crying robbery over that decision can't be taken seriously.

I watched 3 incredibly close rounds, followed by 2 rounds of one fighter clearly pulling away from the other...The guy pulling away certainly wasn't BJ Penn....

More importantly, any doubt was very easily laid to rest when Edgar completely dominated him in the next fight.

I guess I’m in the minority here but I actually thought BJ lost that fight. When the judges read the score I wasn’t surprised by the winner. I haven’t seen this fight since it was live though so I can’t really say why I felt that way anymore

I had BJ winning the first fight too, but Edgar still would've tooled him in the rematch.

Seems like a long time to be pissed about the fight result though, you should probably let go of that rage. I have it on good authority from some nice green Jedi puppet, that leads to the dark side.

If the fight was scored correctly there would have been no rematch.

I guess I’m in the minority here but I actually thought BJ lost that fight. When the judges read the score I wasn’t surprised by the winner. I haven’t seen this fight since it was live though so I can’t really say why I felt that way anymore

Frankie whooped his ass. I had no problem with the decision either, and neither did BJ. If you want to get super technical, maybe BJ won 3 rounds to 2, but Frankie won that fight.

I got into MMA around the same time as that fight. I remember people on Sherdog saying BJ got robbed, so I went back and watched it and couldn't really see it.

Also Anderson vs Maia

<36>

Your tears are delicious....

Anyone crying robbery over that decision can't be taken seriously.

I watched 3 incredibly close rounds, followed by 2 rounds of one fighter clearly pulling away from the other...The guy pulling away certainly wasn't BJ Penn....

More importantly, any doubt was very easily laid to rest when Edgar completely dominated him in the next fight.
agreed. but 99% of fans agree that 50-45 was utterly ludicrous. but that's why we have multiple judges, to eliminate at least some of the randomness of one crazy judge.

agreed. but 99% of fans agree that 50-45 was utterly ludicrous. but that's why we have multiple judges, to eliminate at least some of the randomness of one crazy judge.

That's too bad....99% of fans should realize by now that extremely close rounds can go either way in the 10-9 must system....50-45 is actually a perfectly legitimate scorecard given the scoring system. I didn't score it that way, but I can understand how it happened. Rounds 1-3 were extremely close rounds, and I can understand anyone scoring any of those rounds for either fighter. The last 2? No....Those clearly went to one guy....

I thought Shogun clearly beat Machida in their first fight, but can perfectly understand how one could have had a scorecard favoring Machida given how close rounds 1-3 were.

What I can't understand is how dug in and bashit crazy you have to be to have the type of outrageous reaction BJ's fans had after that fight.

If the fight was scored correctly there would have been no rematch.
There definitely would've been a rematch. Edgar would've rebounded and earned a second shot within maybe 2 fights, and Penn would've still been handled.

That decision altered the course of BJ's career.

I felt the first match didn't even warrant a rematch.

BJ would have gone on to defend against Gray Maynard.

BJ might not have gone up to WW to get his face smashed in against Fitch, Rory, Diaz
Yup

After that he would've faced Anthony Pettis

Interesting to think how the LW division would've changed without that bad decision

There definitely would've been a rematch. Edgar would've rebounded and earned a second shot within maybe 2 fights, and Penn would've still been handled.

Not an immediate rematch.. which is what I was referring to.

The fact that anyone to this day thinks BJ beat GSP blows my mind. He lost round 2 and round 3. His round 1 success was also extremely overrated. All of the damage GSP received was from one punch, clipping and breaking his nose and people act like BJ beat GSP's ass because of his face..... It all literally happened from one strike.

I had that fight as a Draw

BJs one round was as good as GSP 2 rounds of LnP IMO

That's too bad....99% of fans should realize by now that extremely close rounds can go either way in the 10-9 must system....50-45 is actually a perfectly legitimate scorecard given the scoring system. I didn't score it that way, but I can understand how it happened. Rounds 1-3 were extremely close rounds, and I can understand anyone scoring any of those rounds for either fighter. The last 2? No....Those clearly went to one guy....

I thought Shogun clearly beat Machida in their first fight, but can perfectly understand how one could have had a scorecard favoring Machida given how close rounds 1-3 were.

What I can't understand is how dug in and bashit crazy you have to be to have the type of outrageous reaction BJ's fans had after that fight.

TS thinking "Frankie won 1 round, maybe 2" rounds == you thinking "50-45 is actually a perfectly legitimate scorecard"

just opposite sides of the same stupid coin.

Last edited:
What about we talk about how Frankie was cursed with rematches for the rest of his career after his fights with BJ?

:meow:<mma4><5>

Back