Still mad: BJ vs Edgar 1

The fact that anyone to this day thinks BJ beat GSP blows my mind. He lost round 2 and round 3. His round 1 success was also extremely overrated. All of the damage GSP received was from one punch, clipping and breaking his nose and people act like BJ beat GSP's ass because of his face..... It all literally happened from one strike.

Yeah it was just one punch that did this to his face, not the 20 other times he connected with his jab.

mma_best_09.jpg

It was a close fight. GSP fans are the worst.

GSP was the one who destroyed BJ mentally. Or more accurately, BJ destroyed himself mentally when he was unable to accept his losses to GSP.

i always had bj wining the first 3.5 rounds
bj slipped and countered him effectively for that long

yes edgar clearly won the rematch, but some people pretend it was an ass kicking
neither fight was

Yeah it was just one punch that did this to his face, not the 20 other times he connected with his jab.

none of the rounds were close.

maybe this is one of those (all too common) times when sherdoggers judge a fight in it's entirety instead of using the 10 point must system, and the two groups are just talking past each other.
  1. judging by gut, by feel, by braille, as an ignorant fan, it was a close fight.
  2. judging by the rules of the game, it was a clear 29-28 decision.
  3. these two statements are not mutually exclusive, but...
  4. ...only one group is technically accurate ;)
and i'm a big BJ Penn fan. but there is simply no way he could have won rounds 2 or 3.

mma_best_09.jpg

20 other jabs? Close fight? I think you need to rewatch the fight. BJ lands an early flurry but does absolutely nothing for the rest of the fight.

i do feel like this is one of those (all too common) times when sherdoggers judge a fight in it's entirety instead of using the 10 point must system.

1. judging by gut, it was a close fight.

and i'm a big BJ Penn fan.
GSP clearly won the first round as well even though the first round was the only round BJ had any success.

i do feel like this is one of those (all too common) times when sherdoggers judge a fight in it's entirety instead of using the 10 point must system.

1. judging by gut, by feel, by braille, as an ignorant fan, it was a close fight.

and i'm a big BJ Penn fan. but there is simply no way he could have won rounds 2 or 3.

None of the rounds were close? What about the first when GSP did absolutely nothing and BJ pieced him up?

Certainly not a myth. Totally not intentional at all, but BJ definitely got in GSPs eye one way or another, I think it was the thumb, and that fucked with GSPs vision. From there, BJ did nothing and lost the fight.
more than a myth, it´s a BS one.

1st of all, you cant say it was the thumb or a knuckle, even with the replay. It´s a damage done by the left hook, point blank.

2nd: the one who did nuthin is the WW who chose to L&P, going hard for TDs and doing absolutely nuthin´with them:
no guard-passing, no posturing... only caving his head in the LW´s belly and BS punching the ribs...

Your No Rush took advantage of the UFC MMA Scoring ideology: in this environment, u only need to secure a TD, then L&P to somehow "steal" the round.

There´s nuthin´more shameless in MMA than workin´hard to get a TD, jus´to do...nuthin with it...even standing up after havin´wasted 60-90 sec...And that´s what No Rush did in the 1st Round.

Your No Rush got completely exposed by a LW in the 1st Rd, then L&Ped in the 2nd, doin nuthin substancial, and in the 3rd saw nearly all his leg kicks (that´s all the did in this fight) checked, and L&Ping again.

Whether his downfall started that fight or the next,.. Frankie had his number.. I think BJ would have been view in a better light if he stayed retired after beating Hughes.. But dude would throw down with anyone that signed the dotted line... Few these days does that,, add rematches in there and NONE has done that (wave conor)

20 other jabs? Close fight? I think you need to rewatch the fight. BJ lands an early flurry but does absolutely nothing for the rest of the fight.

I rewatch the fight every once in a while. When's the last time you've watched it?

maybe this is one of those (all too common) times when sherdoggers judge a fight in it's entirety instead of using the 10 point must system, and the two groups are just talking past each other.
The truth is... if you´re a genuine MMA fan, nobody won Rds 2 & 3... was complete BS. The negation of MMA.

Obviously, under the UFC Scoring Ideology, doing what No Rush did gives you the rounds.

Sad evolution.

I haven't seen this fight in many years, from what I remember it was quite close. I'll have to rewatch it.

Back