Still mad: BJ vs Edgar 1

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Bullchit decision that changed BJs career.

50-45 from one judge? Really?

Bj constantly landed the jab and counter left hook and Frankie basically traced the black line inside the octagon over and over for all 5 rounds, darting in and out with pitty pat punches.

Frankie won 1 round, maybe 2 but come the fuqq on.

You have Joe Rogan gushing in his pants about Frankies movement...FUQQ OFF!

If it goes the way it should've, with BJ keeping his title, There is no rematch and Bj smashes Grey Maynard and Bendo.

Fuqqin point fighting bullchit!

I had BJ winning the first fight too, but Edgar still would've tooled him in the rematch.

Seems like a long time to be pissed about the fight result though, you should probably let go of that rage. I have it on good authority from some nice green Jedi puppet, that leads to the dark side.

Yea this is one of the decisions that still gets to me lol. 1,2,3, bj 4,5 edgar. 48-47 bj clear as day

7OQp.gif

BJ won that fight. Lanced him with the jab.

Frankie won the second Bendo fight though.

real question

If BJ has narrowly won the first fight and Frankie was given an immediate rematch, who do you think would have one the second fight?

I ask because the first fight was obviously close and the second one was anything but....

Would each guy have been that much different in the second fight?

I dunno

As soon as the decision was announced, I immediately posted on Facebook how bullshit it was.

A bunch of my friends were pissed off, as they were waiting to watch the fight on tape delay at night.

I still feel guilty for spoiling it :(

That decision altered the course of BJ's career.

I felt the first match didn't even warrant a rematch.

BJ would have gone on to defend against Gray Maynard.

BJ might not have gone up to WW to get his face smashed in against Fitch, Rory, Diaz

BJ has been in many close call title fights that could have went his way.

BJ vs Uno 2
BJ vs Pulver 1 (saved by the bell)
BJ vs GSP 1

Frankie has been in some close call fights too with Benson and Gray.

I thought Frankie edged it watching live. On rewatching it's a fight you could make a good case either way. Was that close it would have been BS not to rematch no matter who got the nod. That 50-45 scorecard was disturbing though.

As soon as the decision was announced, I immediately posted on Facebook how bullshit it was.

A bunch of my friends were pissed off, as they were waiting to watch the fight on tape delay at night.

I still feel guilty for spoiling it :(
LOL REALLY? Damn man you're so hardcore and cool fuck bro thanks for telling us how much of a badass you are.

Hey guys watch out this dude spoils shit to his "facebook friends" y'all he is not one to be trifled with for sure

BJ has been in many close call title fights that could have went his way.

BJ vs Uno 2
BJ vs Pulver 1 (saved by the bell)
BJ vs GSP 1

Frankie has been in some close call fights too with Benson and Gray.
The fact that anyone to this day thinks BJ beat GSP blows my mind. He lost round 2 and round 3. His round 1 success was also extremely overrated. All of the damage GSP received was from one punch, clipping and breaking his nose and people act like BJ beat GSP's ass because of his face..... It all literally happened from one strike.

It was a close and not very eventful fight IIRC, BJ always had troubles when he can't lead the dance. The rest of the trilogy settled who was the better fighter anyway.

Bj would have been done after that win anyways. He fired marv towards the end of that camp and never had the same conditioning again. Where bjs career really turned weird was after the Diaz fight. Before fighting Rory he still brought the fight to Diaz fitch and Hughes but after losing to Diaz he never even looked close to the same. Not even the mythical first round bj showed up against Rory Edgar or yair (I never watched his last fight)

~DaViD~

Bj would have been done after that win anyways. He fired marv towards the end of that camp and never had the same conditioning again. Where bjs career really turned weird was after the Diaz fight. Before fighting Rory he still brought the fight to Diaz fitch and Hughes but after losing to Diaz he never even looked close to the same. Not even the mythical first round bj showed up against Rory Edgar or yair (I never watched his last fight)

~DaViD~

I agree. He took a lot of damage in his fight with Diaz. First time I've seen him with some serious damage on his face for show.

Bullchit decision that changed BJs career.
50-45 from one judge? Really?
Bj constantly landed the jab and counter left hook and Frankie basically traced the black line inside the octagon over and over for all 5 rounds, darting in and out with pitty pat punches.
Frankie won 1 round, maybe 2 but come the fuqq on.
IMO BJ clearly won rounds 1&2 and Edgar clearly won rounds 4&5 (and 6-10 of course). 3 was as close to a virtual tie as we've ever seen.

50-45 was ludicrous. but the decision itself didn't surprise me.

yes, "darting in and out with pitty" scores points and wins rounds. though today's rules it will count for less than "power" shots (whatever that means to each judge, since it's all still quite subjective). but since BJ never really hurt Edgar (we *think* his shots were harder, but they didn't do any more visible damage than Edgar's) who knows how it would be scored today.

you cannot watch that fight today and tell me BJ won rounds 4 or 5.

Back