Still a big Conor fan but he's getting a little odd

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I feel the funny, witty Conor we used to get up to 6 months ago just isn't there anymore. Now he's just talking about all the money he makes for himself and the UFC, about how other fighters are making pennies in comparison, and is trashtalk is becoming more personal and hits certain spots that shouldn't be touched.

Don't get me wrong I still like him and I hope this is just a transition period, but I feel he's becoming a little heavy going and even rondesque, to a certain extent.

Money's going to his head. Is normal

He's now transcended the world of MMA and morphed into his secondary form of a Mexican druglord. What do you expect?

200.gif

Last edited:
It got old before it started. Like Ronda, it'll take a bad loss before people realize what a tool he is.

I feel the funny, witty Conor we used to get up to 6 months ago just isn't there anymore. Now he's just talking about all the money he makes for himself and the UFC, about how other fighters are making pennies in comparison, and is trashtalk is becoming more personal and hits certain spots that shouldn't be touched.

Don't get me wrong I still like him and I hope this is just a transition period, but I feel he's becoming a little heavy going and even rondesque, to a certain extent.

I feel the same way.
I kinda feel bad because I like him a lot but damn, he is getting on my nerves lately.

Last edited:

That means he's getting better. The whole point of trash talking is to know where the line is, and then crossing it deliberately. Why bother if you're not going to cross the line? I still remember this Japanese talk show where they had a panel of foreigners living in Japan, and they brought in a group of Japanese cosplayers in full Nazi uniform, walking around and doing the Heil Hitler salute, while the French panellist goes complete bonkers. That my friend is entertainment, and that's why the Japanese have the best game shows. They cross the line, all the time. Google "Orgasm Wars". Conor isn't there yet, but he's getting there.

Conor bless.

This is normal.

it has happened mutiple times over the last 50-60 years so it is nothing new for the long time combat fan.

If you are new to combat sports in general then welcome, and toughen up.

200.gif

I used to know a guy like Conor, he made a load of money but everyone just thought he was a dick cos always bragging and arrognant.

So now he's just an arrogant dick with money

Can you handle it?

That means he's getting better. The whole point of trash talking is to know where the line is, and then crossing it deliberately. Why bother if you're not going to cross the line? I still remember this Japanese talk show where they had a panel of foreigners living in Japan, and they brought in a group of Japanese cosplayers in full Nazi uniform, walking around and doing the Heil Hitler salute, while the French panellist goes complete bonkers. That my friend is entertainment, and that's why the Japanese have the best game shows. They cross the line, all the time. Google "Orgasm Wars".

Conor bless.
Makes no sense

Cos then by this rule if you want to trash talk you just have to say something way over the line

If that true guy Would be Like "I'm gonna rape your wife" or something which would be insane

He's like a rapper who made it big. When a rapper starts out he raps about whatever and its good. Then he becomes famous and all his lyrics are about money and drugs.

I'm with you. He's getting a little repetitive. His trash talk was smarter and funnier back when he talked about taking heads clean off instead of just talking about money. Mystic Mac > El Chapo Jr.

Still a big fan, though. #ConorBless

If you think this is bad look up Ricardo Mayorga once. That's an asshole

Makes no sense

Cos then by this rule if you want to trash talk you just have to say something way over the line

If that true guy Would be Like "I'm gonna rape your wife" or something which would be insane

It would be insane

ly awesome!

If only the PC police would stop censoring people.

Imagine if everyone gets to talk like they talk in YouTube comments and on /b/ in real life. Imagine the popcorn.

conor is fucking awesome, 2 weight world champion , he's the goat he backs it up!

Makes no sense

Not at all.

He was referring to "crossing the line" with personal jabs like when Conor talked about RDA's loyalty towards his country and his son's names etc

Just saying I'm gonna rape your wife crosses no line other then just randomly being obnoxious and it has no reference.

Makes no sense

Look up Ricardo Mayorga once. That was always over the line

Not at all.

He was referring to "crossing the line" with personal jabs like when Conor talked about RDA's loyalty towards his country and his son's names etc

Just saying I'm gonna rape your wife crosses no line other then just randomly being obnoxious and it has no reference.
It has reference to the guys wife

Back