Steroids and Grappling Tournaments

I'm running a test cycle right now. Got them from a black belt (Brazilian champion) who told me he pretty much has used everything there is to use, for humans and horses. He even has a bit of Synthol in his biceps. Easiest thing in the world to get roids in Brazil:

1- Find a black belt or gym instructor.
2- Ask him to get you some stuff.
3- PROFIT

I wonder if Roger does roids or any types of boosters. He really doesn't seem like the type, but hey what do I know.

I should really let someone else say this, but have you seen Roger's build? He's totally flat chested, and has relatively little musculature all over.

If he's juicing hard, it's not working. @_@

And it's Geddes, not goddess. @_@

Oh, and I'm not on steroids. So if I count as a 'top competitor', then...here's one guy that isn't!

Whoo!

Take care,

Oli

anyone who has a brain knows the shooting roids does not give you an immediate boost of strength or evergy!

It takes time for it to work in your body! So this may have happened but the people shooting them are completely morons!

Juicing totally gives you an advantage in competition. Imagine two guys in the same weight class, but one guy is two times stronger and has been able to train harder, because his body recovers much faster than the other guy.

I'm not gonna go through the whole thread and put out the people that are full of bs and don't know what they are talking about but few things that bothered me were....

EPO is not a steroid, it is a hormone and can be used as a performance enhancer, but is not a steroid. It stimulates your body to produce more red blood cells which increases the oxygen carrying capacity of your blood and therefore can benefit endurance athletes. Grappling is more of an anaerobic activity and I don't believe there would be much benefit from the use of EPO. Additionally, it and darbepoetin, a very similar drug, are both expensive and require close monitoring to be used safely.

The most common site for subcutaneous injections is indeed the stomach but there is nothing wrong with injecting a drug SQ in the butt as long as you pinch the skin and don't inject into the muscle.

The story sounds like bs to me but it is also possible that it was insulin, or even B12 injected IM.

I'm running a test cycle right now. Got them from a black belt (Brazilian champion) who told me he pretty much has used everything there is to use, for humans and horses. He even has a bit of Synthol in his biceps. Easiest thing in the world to get roids in Brazil:

1- Find a black belt or gym instructor.
2- Ask him to get you some stuff.
3- PROFIT

I heard that roids is common amongst competitors.....to me it is cheating. For those that think roids has no benefit in BJJ competition then why do they ban them in the Olympics and major sports such as baseball. I mean you look at some of these guys that compete....they look like body builders. There will never be any testing for competition......it is too costly. So this problem will never go away.

I should really let someone else say this, but have you seen Roger's build? He's totally flat chested, and has relatively little musculature all over.

If he's juicing hard, it's not working. @_@

And it's Geddes, not goddess. @_@

Oh, and I'm not on steroids. So if I count as a 'top competitor', then...here's one guy that isn't!

Whoo!

Take care,

Oli

Well not to say he is or isnt but steroids dont always result in an enormous muscular build. It can result in that build but does not always. But it does result in strength gains and unnatural recovery ability. Does he have uncanny strength in your opinion?

Anway there are several types of steroids, some are better for gaining mass, others for retaining mass while lowering calories and all help in speeding recovery.

Another aspect to consider is that even WITH steroids it takes certain genetics to have the muscle shape and size of bodybuilders, not to mention specific isolation training.

Power lifters, bodybuilders and other athletes train far differently, they dont all look like Arnold used to back in the day.

We know that Royce juiced and I would qualify him as having a slight build and fairly flat chested. He was more "toned" but looked nothing like a bodybuilder. Had we not had a drug test to prove it we would have never guessed he was on the juice.

4141-headline.jpg

I guess what I am saying is, looks can be deceiving.

Man I have gotten in amazing shape by just grappling, sleeping right and eating healthy. Having an edge in competition that can possibly negate all the things I have been doing right just isn't worth it to me, but I can understand how it is worth it to some people.

i would love to experiment with steroids. I mean im only 17 but for real. I mean take EPO, go to wrestling practice and see how good of an effect it really has.

Or take roids for 2 weeks and see how good the effects are. I would love to see how good of an effect they would have on you.

obviously i dont think i will ever do it though.

Watch this movie....BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER

great movie. Also watch true life. im on steroids. It shows an mma guy using them for recovery purposes.

so either they are shit, and you wasted your time and money.

or they work really well, and you continue to cheat more often.

i would call that a lose lose situation.

Man I have gotten in amazing shape by just grappling, sleeping right and eating healthy. Having an edge in competition that can possibly negate all the things I have been doing right just isn't worth it to me, but I can understand how it is worth it to some people.

Gear isn't magic. It still takes a lot of hard work to get gains and more importantly, keep your gains when your cycle is done. My friends who have used gear in the past probably work harder in the gym than anyone else.

But with that said, I agree with you. I work too damn hard, I'm not losing credit to steroids.

I second the vote of skeevy that it is more than likely B12 or even a B complex. There is an advantage to be had by taking B vitiams IM over orally. The absorbation is much more complete and B complex can be used to increase energy levels and prevent fatigue. There is also nothing illegal about taking B vitiams IM.

Let me clear up what I know on this:

Everybody, let me say that again,

everybody

in a BJJ championship in Brazil that I've seen compete is AT LEAST on ephedrin.

From every gym I've trained in, from every city I've lived in, NOBODY goes on the mat, except for very rare exceptions ( lower levels, younger athletes and rare sportsmen, of whom I've met quite few), without something.

Potenay, Salbutamol, Ritalin, Ephedrin, ECA, Clembuterol, Franol, for performance, and all roids for mass and strength ( Deca Durabolin, Durateston, Stanozolol, Dianabol, Hemogenin)

It's so normal that to compete CLEAN is a massive disadvantage.

i decided to TTT this thread in reaction to this article with Rodrigo “Comprido” Medeiros (2 time Mundial Absolute Champ and Brock's BJJ coach).

He mentions the widespread use of PEDs in high level BJJ circles

Rodrigo “Comprido” Medeiros

A doctor once told me (I was having a blood sample taken) that doing strenuous exercise with the part of the body where a vein had been recently injected would result in a large hole, slower healing time, and a big bruise.

roids are injected into muscle, not into the veins. infact if you shoot up into a vein you'll probably die.

the butt does have fat, but i have never heard of anyone taking a subq (in fat) shot in the ass. its usually always done in the stomach. the ass shot is usually for IM injections.

Subcutaneous means under the skin, not in fat. Anywhere you can "pinch an inch" of skin is fair game. I've seen youths who are new to insulin with arm injection sites because they aren't yet comfortable elsewhere.

I'm on an insulin pump, and generally use the stomach or the butt. The butt usually holds up better to rolling, i think because the compression shorts help.

That said, it's going to be speculation as to what they're injecting.

Let me clear up what I know on this:

Everybody, let me say that again,

everybody

in a BJJ championship in Brazil that I've seen compete is AT LEAST on ephedrin.

From every gym I've trained in, from every city I've lived in, NOBODY goes on the mat, except for very rare exceptions ( lower levels, younger athletes and rare sportsmen, of whom I've met quite few), without something.

Potenay, Salbutamol, Ritalin, Ephedrin, ECA, Clembuterol, Franol, for performance, and all roids for mass and strength ( Deca Durabolin, Durateston, Stanozolol, Dianabol, Hemogenin)

It's so normal that to compete CLEAN is a massive disadvantage.

Safe to say you dont know much about steroids. Ephedrin/ECA is not a steroid and doesnt help performance. And its Clenbuterol which is also not a steroid which hurts performance.

Stananzolol (winstrol) is not a mass or strength steroid. What is the point of this nonsense thread anyway? Did you recently lose and are looking for a way to rationalize? Sounds like you typed 'steroids' in google and listed the first few chemical names.

Drugs will eventually destroy this sport and many others if not stopped.

Well since illegal PEDs have been used by almost all professional athletes for over 50 yrs, I dont see anything changing any time soon and I certainly dont see how it will hurt BJJ.

Safe to say you dont know much about steroids. Ephedrin/ECA is not a steroid and doesnt help performance. And its Clenbuterol which is also not a steroid which hurts performance.

Stananzolol (winstrol) is not a mass or strength steroid. What is the point of this nonsense thread anyway? Did you recently lose and are looking for a way to rationalize? Sounds like you typed 'steroids' in google and listed the first few chemical names.

so that's why thiago alves was using clen to cut weight ? :rolleyes:

winstrol is definitely a cutting steroid...it gets you stronger while maintaining the same weight

Back