Steroids and Grappling Tournaments

Gear isn't magic. It still takes a lot of hard work to get gains and more importantly, keep your gains when your cycle is done. My friends who have used gear in the past probably work harder in the gym than anyone else.

+1

But with that said, I agree with you. I work too damn hard, I'm not losing credit to steroids.

The people who discredit you for taking steroids have only misinformed media outlets as their source of knowledge. Steroids dont make you an athlete, your will and commitment does.

Last edited:
so that's why thiago alves was using clen to cut weight ? :rolleyes:

winstrol is definitely a cutting steroid...it gets you stronger while maintaining the same weight

Clenbuterol hinders your VO2 output in crippling ways. Using clen to cut weight, and then calling it a performance enhancing steroid is like calling a car a motorcycle.

Winstrol is a cutting steroid, not a mass and strength steroid. Winstrol helps MAINTAIN lean mass during a severe cut. It does not "get you stronger while maintaining the same weight".

Safe to say you dont know much about steroids. Ephedrin/ECA is not a steroid and doesnt help performance. And its Clenbuterol which is also not a steroid which hurts performance.

Stananzolol (winstrol) is not a mass or strength steroid. What is the point of this nonsense thread anyway? Did you recently lose and are looking for a way to rationalize? Sounds like you typed 'steroids' in google and listed the first few chemical names.

what's with the anger? that poster didn't even start this thread...

i'm sure he was grouping steroids and other performance enhancing agents under the same umbrella.....true some of those substances are not steroids but they are considered PEDs in some way shape or form...and are generally illegal with the sports sanctioning bodies here

i'm sure he was grouping steroids and other performance enhancing agents under the same umbrella.....true some of those substances are not steroids but they are considered PEDs in some way shape or form...and are generally illegal with the sports sanctioning bodies here

Illegal substances and Perfomance enhancing drugs are 2 totally different categories and 2 totally seperate arguments. Beyond that, he listed winstrol as a steroid for mass and strength which is incorrect and also listed Ephedrin/ECA and Clen as a PED as if being on them gives an athlete a competitive edge during a match which in fact is the complete opposite as I have briefly explained.

what's with the anger? that poster didn't even start this thread...

Its not anger, its simply intolerance. And I meant to say post not thread, although it would still be accurate in asking what the point is.

Its not anger, its simply intolerance. And I meant to say post not thread, although it would still be accurate in asking what the point is.

well that poster, the TS' post, Comprido's article, and I, myself, have learned from other BJJ guys in the know, acknowledge that roids AND PEDs are a problem in the BJJ/grappling circles, hence the reason for the thread and posts

that poster you were quoting, i guess, was trying to answer the OP and let everyone know how rampant it is , at least in Brazil.....

"Spelt" is a correct spelling for the past tense of "spell", especially if you happen to live in the U.K. Just because it's not spelled that way in the United States doesn't make it wrong. Sheesh, look it up.

Definition of spell verb (FORM WORDS) from Cambridge Dictionary Online: Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus

(spelled or UK AND Australian ENGLISH ALSO spelt, spelled or UK AND Australian ENGLISH ALSO spelt)

If you take a look at anyone who log's Winstrol you'll see that most, if not all, get stronger while losing weight/staying the same weight and decreasing body fat%.
The only people that don't make strength gains on Winstrol are usually elite strength athletes. No one in mma is close to that.

"
I did a Winny tab only cycle back in May (50mgs daily, split into two doses). Gained about 8 or 9 lbs in 4 weeks and became rock hard. Stamina was up quite a bit too. However, I took nothing else and my libido suffered greatly. My wife constantly reminded me. It might be wise to take a weekly dose of oil-based test just to balance things out? In addition, some Deca would/should help with joint "dryness", maybe 200mg weekly. This is just my opinion. I've cycled about a dozen times since mid 90s but there are vets around here who can expand on this more than I could. I'm only listing what I did and what worked/didn't work. But overall, if you're intent on doing Winny tabs and only Winny tabs, the answer is Yes, you will get stronger and leaner. "

"Spelt" is a correct spelling for the past tense of "spell", especially if you happen to live in the U.K. Just because it's not spelled that way in the United States doesn't make it wrong. Sheesh, look it up.

Definition of spell verb (FORM WORDS) from Cambridge Dictionary Online: Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus

(spelled or UK AND Australian ENGLISH ALSO spelt, spelled or UK AND Australian ENGLISH ALSO spelt)

If you take a look at anyone who log's Winstrol you'll see that most, if not all, get stronger while losing weight/staying the same weight and decreasing body fat%.
The only people that don't make strength gains on Winstrol are usually elite strength athletes. No one in mma is close to that.

"
I did a Winny tab only cycle back in May (50mgs daily, split into two doses). Gained about 8 or 9 lbs in 4 weeks and became rock hard. Stamina was up quite a bit too. However, I took nothing else and my libido suffered greatly. My wife constantly reminded me. It might be wise to take a weekly dose of oil-based test just to balance things out? In addition, some Deca would/should help with joint "dryness", maybe 200mg weekly. This is just my opinion. I've cycled about a dozen times since mid 90s but there are vets around here who can expand on this more than I could. I'm only listing what I did and what worked/didn't work. But overall, if you're intent on doing Winny tabs and only Winny tabs, the answer is Yes, you will get stronger and leaner. "

your knowledge of these chemicals is basically hieroglyphics to me lol

besides the drugs that make you stronger, leaner, more muscular etc....can you give me info on agents that allow one to heal/recover from injuries and the stresses of training much faster?

your knowledge of these chemicals is basically hieroglyphics to me lol

besides the drugs that make you stronger, leaner, more muscular etc....can you give me info on agents that allow one to heal/recover from injuries and the stresses of training much faster?

hgh is usually used because it's basically undetectable

not sure but people always say steroids help with this, but I'm not sure about that. I've heard of people taking Winstrol to help train while they were injured.

if you're talking about for you specifically, I guarantee you could eat and sleep better.

hgh is usually used because it's basically undetectable

not sure but people always say steroids help with this, but I'm not sure about that. I've heard of people taking Winstrol to help train while they were injured.

if you're talking about for you specifically, I guarantee you could eat and sleep better.

hahaha i thought i might have come off as someone seeking info on how to juice lol

not for me, i was just curious..

"

Winstrol is not a strength and mass steroid. Its literally that simple. Anecdotal accounts of gaining a little strength doesnt make it meant for strength or mass. 50mg a day of winstrol will not put 9lbs of muscle on anyone in 4 weeks.

Winstrol is not a strength and mass steroid. Its literally that simple. Anecdotal accounts of gaining a little strength doesnt make it meant for strength or mass. 50mg a day of winstrol will not put 9lbs of muscle on anyone in 4 weeks.

Believe me, I understand what you're saying. Homeboy (i copy and pasted from some steroid forum) was probably eating a shitload more than needed to maintain weight.

Regardless, you can gain strength on it. It's nothing like taking 750 mg of test and 400 mg deca, but you'll gain some strength on it.

Believe me, I understand what you're saying. Homeboy (i copy and pasted from some steroid forum) was probably eating a shitload more than needed to maintain weight.

Regardless, you can gain strength on it. It's nothing like taking 750 mg of test and 400 mg deca, but you'll gain some strength on it.

Which is fine, but its not a strength/mass steroid. Clenbuterol has anabolic effects, but it is not a steroid. This is what I am pointing out. Would you categorize winstrol with dbol?

Which is fine, but its not a strength/mass steroid. Clenbuterol has anabolic effects, but it is not a steroid. This is what I am pointing out. Would you categorize winstrol with dbol?

No, lol. can you get any more opposite of dbol than winny?

Back